Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I repeat: We do know ScarJo enjoyed playing Black Widow. Suggesting she didn't so that it lines up with one's opinion of her performance in the role and ties-in to the reason behind the lawsuit is just agenda-pushing.

You can keep trying to push the square peg through a round hole, but no one needs to "look at it from a long distance" to see what you're peddling.
    I miss this and tried to explain further but okay, i have heard. ofcourse Scar Jo will say she loved playing the role, it is part of the job to say that , very similar to Jennifer Lawrence in all the xmen films but when I watch scar jo in this films and her other films. there is just a different vibe, I just dont see her suing a film woody allen was the director and any of his production company involved. I think there would be more to loose for her as an actress that can win oscars in the future and further her career more down that line.

Additionally did she not have friends at Disney that she could trust? her suing them is way too strictly employer vs employee, which again makes me question a lot of things she has said over the years. Even Disney is shocked that she sued and Feige is angry, so I do have to question her emotional connection to this role.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-06-2021 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    No it is not. Actually it is very common now to notice a lot of things. I also once made the same comments about Jennifer Lawrence, she too was one of those other serious Oscar actress that felt she was done after the first 2 x-men films, funny when I once gave the same comment about Jennifer been bored and so over the role in X-MEN Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix, no one said I was spewing Anti X-Men or Anti Fox garbage.

At the end of the day some of this actresses have limits with comic films, even those like Lawrence where her character got more than a love interest role at the beginning but she too was over it by the 4th film. I have seen interviews of this actresses they look really bored with the whole thing. I will stand by what I said that scar jo has never shown a passion for these comi films than her indie films, I dont see her worshiping them as she does with the woody allen film and yes that is always going to be easier to sue when it is more about money (disney films) than passion (woody allen films)

Had this been one of her smaller movies like Vicky Christina Barcelona or Matchpoint. I doubt she would have sued the studio.
    One can handstand by it if it is going to make them feel better.

We will still be talking about a woman who played Silken Floss and Natasha Romanoff.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I miss this and tried to explain further but okay, i have heard. ofcourse Scar Jo will say she loved playing the role, it is part of the job to say that , very similar to Jennifer Lawrence in all the xmen films but when I watch scar jo in this films and her other films. there is just a different vibe, I just dont see her suing a film woody allen was the director and any of his production company involved. I think there would be more to loose for her as an actress that can win oscars in the future and further her career more than that line.

Additionally did she not have friends at Disney that she could trust? her suing them is way too strictly employer vs employee, which again makes me question a lot of things.
    Why stand by something that's objectively false and easily proven to be so? Why not just stand by an opinion that you personally don't care for the Marvel films she's been in and preferred her indie roles rather than trying to make it seem like it's an objective fact that one is better than the other?

This is not true that I spew garbage or hogwash. I don't objectively doubt Scar Jo words about loving playing the role since she said that. However things are more complex than that.
    Things are more complex than that because you're making them more complex than that.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

This is not true that I spew garbage or hogwash. I don't objectively doubt Scar Jo words about loving playing the role since she said that. However things are more complex than that.
    This directly contradicts you saying she did this movie, and I quote, "so there was just nothing left for her in this role as a serious actress, it was just all about the money"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This directly contradicts you saying she did this movie, and I quote, "so there was just nothing left for her in this role as a serious actress, it was just all about the money"
    No it does not. because I was also judging the movie by MCU own standard, so who are the other competitors? Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda, Gwenth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Brie Larson as Captain Marvel? this is not much of a deep pool of performances. it had to even take a 6 part series like Wandavsion for Olsen to show she is a good actress and can carry a movie/tv show.

Scar Jo performance in Marriage Story is far better than her performance in the Black Widow movie. The same thing I will say about Adam Driver in the movie and Rise of Skywalker and even that, Yelena stole the show in the Black Widow movie. Which is the more reason I am convinced Scar Jo was just ready to go but she does not earn up to 15 - 30 million dollars from her more indie films does she?

How many not MCU films of Scar Jo has made 100-200m the USA box office? Oh sure, the money matters here.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-06-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Ultimate Member

No it does not. because I was also judging the movie by MCU own standard, so who are the other competitors? Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda, Gwenth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Brie Larson as Captain Marvel? this is not much of a deep pool of performances. it had to even take a 6 part series like Wandavsion for Olsen to show she is a good actress and can carry a movie/tv show.

Scar Jo performance in Marriage Story is far better than her performance in the Black Widow movie. The same thing I will say about Adam Driver in the movie and Rise of Skywalker and even that, Yelena stole the show in the Black Widow movie. Which is the more reason I am convinced Scar Jo was just ready to go but she does not earn up to 15 - 30 million dollars from her more indie films does she?

How many not MCU films of Scar Jo has made 100-200m the USA box office? Oh sure, the money matters here.
    But why not just go off her own comments and her own actions?

You're literally discounting her actions and words to make an argument that there's no evidence for.

And there was no way ScarJo could know about the pandemic, reduced theater window and all the related factors that affected BWs release years ago. That's where your argument falls apart completely.

Again, why not just state that you personally prefer her performances elsewhere and leave it at that?

There is zero evidence to back up your points here.

What's wrong with just a tiny bit of intellectual honesty?

I miss this and tried to explain further but okay, i have heard. ofcourse Scar Jo will say she loved playing the role, it is part of the job to say that , very similar to Jennifer Lawrence in all the xmen films but when I watch scar jo in this films and her other films. there is just a different vibe, I just dont see her suing a film woody allen was the director and any of his production company involved. I think there would be more to loose for her as an actress that can win oscars in the future and further her career more down that line.

Additionally did she not have friends at Disney that she could trust? her suing them is way too strictly employer vs employee, which again makes me question a lot of things she has said over the years. Even Disney is shocked that she sued and Feige is angry, so I do have to question her emotional connection to this role.
    If Woody Allen or any other director/company treated her like Disney is accused of doing, why wouldn't she? Because you don't see it? Maybe you should take one of those long distance looks you're so fond of.

Also, Feige is angry in support of her.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Astonishing Member

So you are interpreting this to match your pre existing belief and ignore anything that contradicts your pre existing belief. This is the very definition of bias.

Some objective facts:

Scarlett Johansson earned 400,000 USD for her first MCU appearance in Iron Man 2. That's hardly a figure that suggests she did it for the paycheck as it was (thanks to Marvel Studios being led by a sexist called Perlmutter) way below her actual market value. Furthermore, committing to seven months of physical training to earn a salary way below her market value for a role she doesn't even like? Doesn't sound very convincing to me.

In 2014 she starred in Luc Besson's Lucy that became a big success with a box office of 458 million USD against a 40 million budget, thus proving that she can headline blockbusters outside of the MCU and make them a success.

In 2017 she earned 17.5 million USD (before backend) for starring in Ghost in the Shell. This proves that at this point there was no need for her at all to persue a Black Widow movie if she hated the role because she easily could have earned similar wages for other movies.

Sources:

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...son-net-worth/

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/...ref_=bo_se_r_1

This is how debating on an objective basis with facts looks like.

But let's just spout nonsense without any basis in reality and prove it by writing that oneself has written the same nonsense earlier in the thread. Seriously, this board is becoming more and more illegible from day to day.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

If Woody Allen or any other director/company treated her like Disney is accused of doing, why wouldn't she? Because you don't see it? Maybe you should take one of those long distance looks you're so fond of.

Also, Feige is angry in support of her.
    At a long distance, there will be more to loose if she sues a woody allen film she is in. Oscar chances and a future in getting more compelling female roles. part of the reason she can sue Disney as easy and ''surprising'' is because it is easy to sue a company where the cooperate sides outweighs the artistic side and from her career, Scar Jo cares a lot about her art-house movies. so suing them may not even be necessary for her because she may be gaining more than just money. A strong filmography filled with oscar baited movies is worth something.

Lastly I think Feige is just embarrassed at the whole thing in general, because he is used to be in control and this is clearly out of his hands.

Also I wonder why she never went to Feige first then, sure he is showing support for her, but as someone once asked about the nature of the marvel friendship among the cast. maybe she is not close with Feige as she is with Woody on a personal level, she did go to privately to ask Allen about the child abuse allegation and stood by him in public , some would even say she put her career at risk for standing by Allen, even as he too started suing studios for ditching his films because of the allegation.

I don't know what goes on in Scar Jo's mind but her actions and body language can be pretty telling.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-06-2021 at 08:43 AM.

At a long distance, there will be more to loose if she sues a woody allen film she is in. Oscar chances and a future in getting more compelling female roles. part of the reason she can sue Disney as easy and ''surprising'' is because it is easy to sue a company where the cooperate sides outweighs the artistic side and from her career, Scar Jo cares a lot about her art-house movies. so suing them may not even be necessary for her because she may be gaining more than just money. A strong filmography filled with oscar baited movies is worth something.

Lastly I think Feige is just embarrassed at the whole thing in general, because he is used to be in control and this is clearly out of his hands.

Also I wonder why she never went to Feige first then, sure he is showing support for her, but as someone once asked about the nature of the marvel friendship among the cast. maybe she is not close with Feige as she is with Woody on a personal level, she did go to privately to ask Allen about the child abuse allegation and stood by him in public , some would even say she put her career at risk for standing by Allen, even as he too started suing studios for ditching his films because of the allegation.

I don't know what goes on in Scar Jo's mind but her actions and body language can be pretty telling.
    Or you could just believe the woman?

I know, it's a weird thought.

Well, at least you admitted you don't know what's going on in ScarJo's mind (despite the previous paragraphs pretending you did), that's something. Combine that with your fantasy interpretations of her actions and there's nothing left to discuss. Thanks.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

Well, at least you admitted you don't know what's going on in ScarJo's mind (despite the previous paragraphs pretending you did), that's something. Combine that with your fantasy interpretations of her actions and there's nothing left to discuss. Thanks.
    None of us know what’s in ScarJo mind, but action speaks louder than words.