Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    And it's working.

His "statement" has gone viral and the guy's back in the news.
    But will it get him more work???

Ray Fisher tried the same thing and how did that work out for him?

Him opening his mouth and bashing Black Widow probably helped it more like we saw with the movement of hate for Cap Marvel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Him opening his mouth and bashing Black Widow probably helped it more like we saw with the movement of hate for Cap Marvel.
    Good points.

He's glad ScarJo will make 5 or 7 million? Sonny she's gonna make at least $15 mil, and more if it's a big hit. And she has more choices for films than you ever had. Save your pity bub.

And he wants to find the next kid Kubrick because he doesn't want to be in an FX film.
    Didn't Kubrick make a one of those? Hmmm?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-05-2021 at 08:19 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...on-1234977635/

Yet another star comes out of the woodwork to criticize MCU movies and blockbusters. Dorff has no room to talk because he starred in Blade in 1998. It's fine for actors/directors to not want to do comic book movies or like them because they appreciate "real" cinema. I appreciate the classics too. But, since they have nothing bad to say about BO take, the only comment they have to say is that the movies are garbage. Both in the MCU and outside of it, there have been various movies that show how comic book movies can be done well. Even on the animation side. I feel a lot of jealousy from Dorff coming out. He wishes he could have a movie gross a billion plus. Oh wait, but it has to be an art movie that does it that justifies it. If they want to point the finger at anyone blame Steven Spielberg and Jaws for ushering in the summer blockbuster. And just cause one likes comic book movies doesn't mean it's not real cinema or that person doesn't appreciate real cinema.
    I don't even know or care who he is. Just another whiner that hates that movies he doesn't like are overwhelmingly more popular than oines he does.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I don't get the appeal either
    I like dramas and comedies but I'm not sure what the attraction is to Allen's movies. Maybe I'm missing something

I don't totally disagree but Idk if I'd put Fisher in the same boat

Stephen Dorff, the electric cigarette pitchman?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Many people dont even know who Dorff is.
    They might not know the name but if they see the face they'll go "Oh Deacon Frost from the first Blade!" Old heads like me "Oh the kid from the first 'The Gate' movie!"

Maybe he's trying to subtly drum up interest in a third Gate movie? Hmmm.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I can't believe the guy who is starring in Bucky Larsen is deciding to tell another actor how sorry he is for them being in a huge mega blockbuster set of films that will be remembered for years. Its one of those , this can't be serious right ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Stephen Dorff isn’t the first Hollywood personality who bad mouth the MCU and he won’t be the last.

True. But if an actor is gonna bad mouth a successful movie series and question another actor's career choices, they should at least a solid movie roster of their own behind them to back it up. Especially if that actor has a much more successful career than them. Dorff claimed that he "hunts the good ****" and about wanting to work with the next Kubrick when the last relevant movie he was in came out over 20 years ago. If anything, this shows a huge lack of self awareness on his part.

I think he also turned down the Leonardo DiCaprio role in Titanic. A movie that was number one at the BO for 11 years.

This is not remotely the same as Ray Fisher.

Fantastic Member

Another thing I find ironic is that his True Detective co-star Mahersala Ali has accepted the MCU role of Blade. The same comic character that had a film that most people that even remembered who he is know him from. Is he also going to bad mouth Ali for accepting the role? How conflicting would it be to criticize an actor you worked closely with for accepting the role of a comic character that also helped made your career early on?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I laugh at the aspect of a man being so insanely stupid to say these things and we all knowing his film choices of terrible awful films. Plus this line...

"I still hunt the good sh-t..."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

At least Steven Dorfman didn't go to the other popular "wah! I'm not getting enough attention" well of moaning nebulously about "cancel culture". But yeah, total non-story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    They might not know the name but if they see the face they'll go "Oh Deacon Frost from the first Blade!" Old heads like me "Oh the kid from the first 'The Gate' movie!"

Maybe he's trying to subtly drum up interest in a third Gate movie? Hmmm.
    Recently saw the second one, couldn't believe they made it, wish I'd left it well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Another thing I find ironic is that his True Detective co-star Mahersala Ali has accepted the MCU role of Blade. The same comic character that had a film that most people that even remembered who he is know him from. Is he also going to bad mouth Ali for accepting the role? How conflicting would it be to criticize an actor you worked closely with for accepting the role of a comic character that also helped made your career early on?
    Had not heard this (tend to avoid spoilers on movies/shows I might watch, guess that puts me in the minority). Glad to hear it. Would have preferred old man Snipes, but as a fallback option that's not bad.

On Black Widow, I'm sure it won't be a good movie but they're not meant to be good movies. They're meant to entertain a large enough group to make money for Disney. Hopefully have one or two decent fights scenes, probably twice as many quips as needed (thank you Guardians for the formula), and an opening for a sequel pending success. If this were a Daniel Day-Lewis or Gary Oldman (whatever you think of an anti-semitic Commissioner Gordon, he's a good actor) I could excuse it. But Dorff? As the President says, "C'mon man."

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Recently saw the second one, couldn't believe they made it, wish I'd left it well enough alone.
    *shrugs* It wasn't as scary as the first, and it was an odd genre shift (horror fantasy I believe?) but I kinda liked it. I'm curious as to why Dorff wasn't in it, though.