Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
I highly doubt you see in-depth character presentation over 'the Rock' presentation. In general let's not use the Rock as a bench mark of ANYTHING to do with the concept of 'the job of an actor'. He's not an actor, he's a movie star. Two very different ideas.

It's fine that he wants to do that, of course, no-one is saying otherwise... but that mentality of 'I have a good time, and get paid millions to do it' does NOT garner respect for acting ability. Which is what is being discussed. Entertainment and acting ability are not necessarily the same thing, though they can coincide together. A stand-up comedian is not, by default, an actor. Though they entertain. Same for singers. Artists. Drag queens. Etc.

What does his popularity have to do with this??? We're talking about acting respect, not popularity.

If he did play Othello, we'd ALL be disappointed... at how badly he delivered Shakespeare
#shade
I was talking about Vin Diesel not the Rock but still the concept is the same. Disagree that being a movie star and an actor are 2 "very different things".