Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Black Widow (No Spoilers)

Surprised we have no thread yet with the movie opening in a few days.
    I think we should wait until enough people have a chance to see it before we have a spoiler thread.
    I plan on seeing it at the theater, I wonder how many people will stream it for $30. Doesn't feel like the kind of family film, like Raya or Mulan, that will lend itself to that.
    But I will give my $10 to watch ScarJo in spandex for 2 hours.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Everyone who plans to see the movie should avoid all these clips Marvel is releasing as they really show too much. I could tell how some plot points will play out because I knew certain scenes from the trailers still had to happen, so that took away some of the suspense. And that was even before Marvel started to release all these clips that reveal even more.

Marvel Studios' marketing is maybe the best in the business but even they were obviously at a loss with the task of basically having to do two marketing campaigns for this movie due to the delay. Still think they could have done with less material.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

I avoid all trailers, they ALWAYS ruin the movie. This weekend I closed my eyes and put my fingers in my ears to not let the trailer spoil the movie.

chicago, I have a question. My wife watched the trailer and said she would be interested in going with me to see BW. The thing is she has seen none of the MCU movies. I know this takes place in the past, so can see follow, and enjoy the movie without having seen other MCU films? Thanks.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Watching it for Pugh myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I avoid all trailers, they ALWAYS ruin the movie. This weekend I closed my eyes and put my fingers in my ears to not let the trailer spoil the movie.

chicago, I have a question. My wife watched the trailer and said she would be interested in going with me to see BW. The thing is she has seen none of the MCU movies. I know this takes place in the past, so can see follow, and enjoy the movie without having seen other MCU films? Thanks.
    Yeah it is a pretty self-contained story as much as that is possible in the MCU. Of course she won't get the MCU references but understanding the basic plot should be no problem.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Yeah it is a pretty self-contained story as much as that is possible in the MCU. Of course she won't get the MCU references but understanding the basic plot should be no problem.
    Thanks. I'll let her know.

Reserved my ticket for this Saturday. Yeah saw some trailers, but not too many. Looking forward to it!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

I saw the first trailer and stopped in the middle of it. There is no use in watching a trailer when you are sure you watch the movie anyway.

No tickets available yet, but my wife and me will definitely see it on the big screen.

But before that: Godzilla vs Kong (just started over here)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

I agree about trailers. Teaser trailers are usually better than the main ones. Just give enough of a hint of something without giving story details

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I saw the first trailer and stopped in the middle of it. There is no use in watching a trailer when you are sure you watch the movie anyway.

No tickets available yet, but my wife and me will definitely see it on the big screen.

But before that: Godzilla vs Kong (just started over here)
    Seeing you're from Germany it is possible that the cinema you were looking for tickets won't show Black Widow at all. Some smaller chains and independent theaters in Germany will boycott playing BW as a form of protest against the conditions Disney imposes upon theater owners.

If there is a cinema that belongs to one of the big theater chains in your city you should try it there as they are definitely going to show it.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

if I dont have to deal with other people, than I don wanna. So I am taking advantage of just watching it from home with the Mrs.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Got my tickets for Friday night with a friend. The wives are letting us back out into the wild!

We are watching it in what Regal Theaters call ScreenX. A viewing experience with 270 degrees of screen space, using multi-projectors to cast the image.
    Anyone seen a film like that? Am I going to miss some of the action? Is it headache inducing? That time fit our schedules best.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'll be seeing it, either Friday or Saturday. My first in-theatre experience since seeing Call of the Wild over a year ago. Looking forward to it, and to supporting ScaJo in this MCU feature role that should have happened years and years ago.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

Saw it at my local theatre here in Australia. There's a scene where a computer screen shows{SELF_CENSORED) on a map of Australia, does this differ in each country? I remember CA:WS had Sam's catch up list featuring a special Aussie list (Men at work, STeve Irwin, Vegemite etc...)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Seeing you're from Germany it is possible that the cinema you were looking for tickets won't show Black Widow at all. Some smaller chains and independent theaters in Germany will boycott playing BW as a form of protest against the conditions Disney imposes upon theater owners.

If there is a cinema that belongs to one of the big theater chains in your city you should try it there as they are definitely going to show it.
    Yesterday I was in Godzilla vs Kong and awaited Posters and a Trailer for Black Widow, but there was nothing to see. A quick research showed me that I have to drive to another town to see it, or buy it on Disney. Thats a bummer, but understandably so from the point of view of the cinema.

I will See it on the big screen thats for sure, but not in my hometown.