Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default BattleBeast (Invincible) VS Post Crisis Darkseid

Comic vs comic

And

Cartoon VS Cartoon (JLU Darkseid)

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Cartoon doesn't really have that many feats at present beyond wrecking Mark.

Though, given how the punishment he took in the course of the fight with Omniman and how that did less damage to him and how that scales against JLU Darkseid's performances versus Superman, he might well be able to take it.

Comic, I assume he just Omega Effects him until Battle Beast falls down. He does not want to get into a melee with him because that will go extremely poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Cartoon doesn't really have that many feats at present beyond wrecking Mark.

Though, given how the punishment he took in the course of the fight with Omniman and how that did less damage to him and how that scales against JLU Darkseid's performances versus Superman, he might well be able to take it.

Comic, I assume he just Omega Effects him until Battle Beast falls down. He does not want to get into a melee with him because that will go extremely poorly.
    For post-crisis, I'm assuming you mean Battle Beast doesn't want to get into a melee with DS because that would go poorly for BB since BB can't really do a damn thing to harm DS while DS can tear BBs jaw off with a backhanded bitchslap.

Cartoon versions are difficult outside of scaling, and I don't remember much of JLU Superman and Orion(two people who have fought DS)feats, so of anyone could mention some thst would be great.
    Last edited by Cody; 07-06-2021 at 12:05 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Latter-day Post Crisis DS was… err… unimpressive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, but how unimpressive?

Back in the day people complained so much about the guy that it seemed like the guy couldn't bend down slightly without kicking himself in the ass, causing him to tumble down a massive flight of stairs that appeared out of the ether just to humiliate the big guy. And I'm just not certain if that portrayal is accurate or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Even with some of his poorer showings, he is still head and shoulders above everything in Invincible. Simply hitting harder and being more durable than a post crisis Kryptonian should put him leagues above any Viltrumite, and BB
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Even with some of his poorer showings, he is still head and shoulders above everything in Invincible. Simply hitting harder and being more durable than a post crisis Kryptonian should put him leagues above any Viltrumite, and BB
    When did Post Crisis Darkseid hit harder than a Kryptonian? To my recollection, he was broadly presented as their peer.

When did Post Crisis Darkseid hit harder than a Kryptonian? To my recollection, he was broadly presented as their peer.
    Dude always seemed to be stronger and tougher than the average Kryptonian, he was just slow as heck when compared to them.

Keep in mind, even if he was "only" as strong and tough as a normal post-crisis Kryptonian(moon shattering punches, able to take planet busting attacks and not be koed or significantly wounded by it), the result is still the same; BB will have trouble doing any serious damage to DS outside of extreme annoyance, while it would take very little from DS to outright maim the guy.

BB is strong, but I don't see him being able to do much damage to a pre-nu Kryptonian or DS before being put into the ground.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Dude always seemed to be stronger and tougher than the average Kryptonian, he was just slow as heck when compared to them.
    That's not feats of him being significantly stronger than a Kryptonian.

Keep in mind, even if he was "only" as strong and tough as a normal post-crisis Kryptonian(moon shattering punches, able to take planet busting attacks and not be koed or significantly wounded by it), the result is still the same; BB will have trouble doing any serious damage to DS outside of extreme annoyance, while it would take very little from DS to outright maim the guy.

BB is strong, but I don't see him being able to do much damage to a pre-nu Kryptonian or DS before being put into the ground.
    I'm not litigating Battle Beast's capabilities in this fight. I'm asking why you're claiming Post Crisis Darkseid hits harder or is tougher than a Kryptonian of the same era.

That's not feats of him being significantly stronger than a Kryptonian.
    I'm not litigating Battle Beast's capabilities in this fight. I'm asking why you're claiming Post Crisis Darkseid hits harder or is tougher than a Kryptonian of the same era.
    How when he is always presented as such? When they fought; his attacks aways had more of an impact on Superman and those like him than the reverse, and he took hits from them a lot better than the reverse unless they were close to the sun. Superman was just a lot faster than him so he always got a lot more hits in than the reverse.

Even if you insist on disregarding that and want to stick to believing he is only physically comparable to a post-crisis Kryptonian, it doesn't matter, as BB still can't harm that, or take hits from that.

Either way, this doesn't go well for BB in any regard.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

How when he is always presented as such? When they fought; his attacks aways had more of an impact on Superman and those like him than the reverse, and he took hits from them a lot better than the reverse unless they were close to the sun. Superman was just a lot faster than him so he always got a lot more hits in than the reverse.

Even if you insist on disregarding that and want to stick to believing he is only physically comparable to a post-crisis Kryptonian, it doesn't matter, as BB still can't harm that, or take hits from that.

Either way, this doesn't go well for BB in any regard.
    I don't think I've ever seen Superman blitz post crisis Darkseid. Usually he just slugs it out with Darkseid or Orion. There's an animated version of a fight where Superman does a really insane blitz, which you might be conflating with the source material.

Darkseid was occasionally portrayed as stronger than Clark, but not consistently. And given Clark has won both of their full on battles, I think being even with Clark is the most generous interpretation you can spot Darkseid.

There are few showings where Darkseid swats Clark around in a way that comes off as pretty superior, but to my memory he's never, say, knocked Clark out.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen Superman blitz post crisis Darkseid. Usually he just slugs it out with Darkseid or Orion. There's an animated version of a fight where Superman does a really insane blitz, which you might be conflating with the source material.

Darkseid was occasionally portrayed as stronger than Clark, but not consistently. And given Clark has won both of their full on battles, I think being even with Clark is the most generous interpretation you can spot Darkseid.

There are few showings where Darkseid swats Clark around in a way that comes off as pretty superior, but to my memory he's never, say, knocked Clark out.
    tl;dr one had the marshmallow fluff punched out of him... the other is Superman.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    tl;dr one had the marshmallow fluff punched out of him... the other is Superman.
    I mean in all fairness his losses are largely isolated to Clark going all out, heroes packing the power of multiple heroes, or while he's depowered. And he's got some high end showings too. Sans PIS, the slugfest is a moot point because he can teleport/time dump/transmute with the Omega Effect.

But part of why he's so so powerful right now is in response to other writers making him "less than," yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I mean in all fairness his losses are largely isolated to Clark going all out, heroes packing the power of multiple heroes, or while he's depowered. And he's got some high end showings too. Sans PIS, the slugfest is a moot point because he can teleport/time dump/transmute with the Omega Effect.

But part of why he's so so powerful right now is in response to other writers making him "less than," yeah.
    Oh yea, it's nice to see Darkseid as a legitimate threat considering his relative narrative importance. Was always a bit odd to me that he had all the threat-level of a villain of the week for the longest time.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I was also cool with the general Elevation of the New Gods back into their Kirby "Superman looks rather quaint, doesn't he" status.