Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Superman never destroyed a moon with his punches. He took out a couple by ramming into them at near light speeds, with various sizes of moons and damages to himself. And what planet busting attacks are you referencing exactly? Finally, I didn't make a reference to speed, just to strength. Speed is utterly irrelevant since Darkseid has no feats for matching Clark there.

Edit: Honestly, man, your idea of the power scaling in DC comics feels a lot like you've read respect threads and not the actual comics.
    This has been a thing on this site for years, from Pendaran and Dorks many debates mostly. Superman has been hit with a glove that has the force of a planet behind it by hawkman, and while he was dazed he was fine, he has been sandwiched by planets and involved in a supernova(no, he did not take the full supernova, as it isn't focused on him, obviously, but as it was destroying planets yet not him, he should at least be receiving planet destroying energy, not shrug it off, but take it).

I have come to this conclusion because these were the answers given to me, on this website, on rumbles, for years, by multiple users, when I asked. Are you saying they are wrong? That post crisis Supes isn't a moon buster who can take(not tank)planet busting attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Pretty close to fact, this.
    You say literally based on nothing outside of a poor attempt at trolling, If all you know how to do is make snide remarks, don't post. As I said i got this on here.
    Last edited by Cody; 07-08-2021 at 01:28 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Everyone wants to do a story with the cool Darkseid guy because he's the cool Darkseid guy.

Trouble is, he's better reserved for like the big league stuff and more exposure actually hurts him. You gotta keep him in the wings, big up his minions and shit, make them team-level threats so he's stronger by proxy.
    It also doesn't help that writers who want to put Darkseid into a big punch up tend to not write Darkseid well. Darkseid's supposed to be a more insidious evil. The kind that you can't just punch out.

When Darkseid gets into punch ups, writers tend to just make him a Kalibak that people take seriously

Thank you, everyone, for replying and filling me in on all that info regarding BB. He's certainly brutal, but doesn't sound like he could mess up Hulk or Juggernaut in terms of power level.

As for this version of DS, I can't decide if he'd beat BB or not. Certainly CIS and PIS can't weaken him THAT much to lose?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    This has been a thing on this site for years, from Pendaran and Dorks many debates mostly.
    The closest thing to a consensus there was that Superman mucks about on a lunar scale-- moving them, or destroying them by turning his whole body into a missile with built up momentum. From what I can tell only Dork and a few others posited he could scrap a moon by punching it. Several people disagreed. And those threads always became highly contentious.

Superman has been hit with a glove that has the force of a planet behind it by hawkman
    The word of Hawkman in a Jeph Loeb story where Batman one shots Lady Shiva, during a run where Superman break's Diana's bracelets and one shots Despero, is a little dubious.

he has been sandwiched by planets
    This one has asterisks, as I recall-- something about the planets winding up fused together with Superman well clear of the final result.

involved in a supernova(no, he did not take the full supernova, as it isn't focused on him, obviously, but as it was destroying planets yet not him, he should at least be receiving planet destroying energy, not shrug it off, but take it).
    Lotta asterisks on this one you aren't mentioning.

1) Yellow sun energy powers Superman up.
    2) It knocks him clean out-- long enough for Braniac to capture him and hook him up to a bunch of machines in a rather disturbing sequence straight out of a hentai.

Combine this with the asterisks you DID mention (being far away from the explosion, and thus only being hit with a part of it) and it just isn't a clean feat. And really, it more proves that he is more durable than any single part of a planet. The explosion was already spread out big enough to encompass the thing.

By comparison, the whole Invincible cast got caught in the blast wave of Viltrulmite's explosion, and were varying levels of dazed by it. Is that better than the super nova thing? Not really. But is the super nova indisputably better? Again, not really.

I have come to this conclusion because these were the answers given to me, on this website, on rumbles, for years, by multiple users, when I asked. Are you saying they are wrong?
    The point I am making is that if you're gonna say "what feats does Thragg have to compare to a guy who can punch a moon apart?" then it is fair to point out he never actually punched a moon apart. You're going by suppositions of other people based on OTHER things he has done. You're asking for a different standard to be applied to Thragg than you are applying to Superman.

Because by comparison of what has actually happened in comics? Superman knocked himself out flying into the moon to destroy it. Mark and his crew blew up a planet by flying through it and weren't knocked out. Yes, Mark and company had the blast from Space Racer clearing a path for them, but they also blew up a bigger celestial body and were back in the fight right away. And those dudes got torn apart by Thragg like wet tissue.

That post crisis Supes isn't a moon buster who can take(not tank)planet busting attacks?
    I am actually pretty comfortable with that assessment, but by the same standard of evidence I think Thragg is up there as well. I'll note that one of the only people to outright say Superman can punch out a planet in those old threads was Nik Hasta, someone who consistently thinks you undersell the Invincible cast. And I am pretty sure Pen has said he thinks Thragg can go the distance with post crisis Superman equivalents like Black Adam, and even maybe win. (That one might have been pre-board wipe; couldn't find the thread.)

I am guessing that the problem is you actually read the Invincible comics and applied a very critical eye to the feats, where as you only have second hand accounts of all these Superman feats and thus haven't applied the same critical eye. As someone who has read both, I do not believe the post crisis power scale is as wildly beyond Invincible as you do. It is also OK if you evaluate feats more stringently, BTW. You can definitely make the case that Thragg isn't going to be punching out moons because he actually hasn't done that. But then you gotta also say, well, neither has Clark.

Edit: This is also why I say things like "Rebirth Superman destroys planets by jumping off them so he beats whoever." I don't say "Rebirth Superman can probably destroy a star so he beats whoever." The former is a thing he has cleanly done. The latter is extrapolating on what he MIGHT be able to do based on the former.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 07-08-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I am actually pretty comfortable with that assessment, but by the same standard of evidence I think Thragg is up there as well. I'll note that one of the only people to outright say Superman can punch out a planet in those old threads was Nik Hasta, someone who consistently thinks you undersell the Invincible cast.
    My post, which is not editable due to threadlock, seems to have been somewhat mangled by auto-correct or me possibly being drunk while posting.

I think my position was intended to be "he can probably bust up a moon, or a planet in multiple hits," but I am hardly an authority on Superman.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-08-2021 at 03:15 PM.