Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    We should also bear in mind that an American identifying as conservative/Republican in 1987 was quite different from an American identifying as such today. Politically, the nation is in a different place now than it was back in the 1980s.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    That is a very fair point.

Superman pulling rank on Wonder Woman for killing Max Lord. She saved his soul, and she saved countless innocent lives that his own hand would have taken otherwise. A proper Superman would have lamented that Max forced the situation to come to the conclusion it had to, and that Diana was forced to make that decision, but he would have understood that decision in this particular instance.

King's Wonder Woman debacle is up there too but its already been referenced.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-06-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Ew, what the hell?
    I know right? The audacity to have Superman of all people say that.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Is this from Superman Grounded?
    Yeah, I believe that's exactly where that monstrosity is from.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When folks post images as examples, is it possible to give the series title, issue number and cover date? I have no idea where most of these pages are from.
    Mine is from Superman #702, no idea about the cover date or page number.

It never ceases to boggle my mind that Batman AND Superman have each had "trapped in another dimension with Wonder Woman for a hundred years and she tries to have sex with him" stories.

As for the topic, most of the big Wonder Woman offenders I'd refer to have been covered. "Dealing with" her enemies. Needing Superman to tell her to protect people. The Batman thing(s). Wagner's Trinity.
    I can't find the panel, but I recall an issue of Justice League where Batman insists they don't chop people's heads off, to which Geoff Johns had her reply: "I do." There was also that Titans issue (Johns again) where she hurled Superboy across San Francisco bay for kissing Wonder Girl, ordered her to quit the team, and then got into a fist-fight with Starfire over it.

I hadn't even heard about the Republican thing. What even the hell is that nonsense? Yare yare...this poor woman.

Aside from Diana, who can forget the assassination of Cassandra Cain?

Why is DC?
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 07-06-2021 at 01:41 PM.

James Jesse Trickster in Countdown. He was smart enough to invent his air-walker shoes, and to outsmart Neron in Underworld Unleashed; but whoever wrote him in Countdown made him look like an idiot.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That Post Infinite Crisis Nightwing Annual where Dick had pity sex to Babs the night before he gave his and Starfire's wedding invitation. Extra points for still being used in shipping war.

Then years later in Batgirl of Burnside Dick is depicted as a jerkass but hot bad boyfriend who stole Alycia Yeoh's wedding ring from Babs who's safekeeping it because he's jealous Babs is dating Luke Fox. It's also the first trans woman wedding in DC so a lot of people read it, and with Luke dating Babs at the same time, the totality of it makes him comes off like the jackass straight white guy in rom com.

Unlike the Starfire example though, this doesn't get brought up often and people seem to know that he's out of character, so I guess the first example is only brought up because it has a ship war attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This bs
    Is this Grounded?

I like that hoy also asked the same thing ^^ I don't know why but it reeks Grounded. I never read it but it has the vibe.

Okay yeah 9th confirmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's not even the dumbest panel. There is a scene where Batman sneaks into Themyscira, see Diana naked and is rendered so horny for her that he kisses her. While, I enjoyed Wagner's 'Monster Men' and 'Mad Monk', 'Trinity' was embellic of DC's issues with Batman at the time; they made him as much of an ******* as possible while simultaneously rubbing in your face how much better and cooler he was than Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Oh THAT'S where it's from! I'm disappointed
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-06-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    It never ceases to boggle my mind that Batman AND Superman have each had "trapped in another dimension with Wonder Woman for a hundred years and she tries to have sex with him" stories.

As for the topic, most of the big Wonder Woman offenders I'd refer to have been covered. "Dealing with" her enemies. Needing Superman to tell her to protect people. The Batman thing(s). Wagner's Trinity.
    I can't find the panel, but I recall an issue of Justice League where Batman insists they don't chop people's heads off, to which Geoff Johns had her reply: "I do." There was also that Titans issue (Johns again) where she hurled Superboy across San Francisco bay for kissing Wonder Girl, ordered her to quit the team, and then got into a fist-fight with Starfire over it.

I hadn't even heard about the Republican thing. What even the hell is that nonsense? Yare yare...this poor woman.

Aside from Diana, who can forget the assassination of Cassandra Cain?

Why is DC?
    I thought this was Shiva. Jeez.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Tony Daniel's Damian in Battle for The Cowl. Taking a goth girl in a joyride on the Batmobile, Babs found out and ejected her out then slam the break into a swamp, the girl ended up getting eaten by Killer Croc, who proceed to attack Damian making him scream in fear "MOMMY!"

How has this thread gone on this long, without mentioning this:

This was also a character assassination and it managed to stick for two decades:

And lets not forget this bullshit:

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

During Azzarello's run on Wonder Woman, he had her crunch Orion's junk and threaten to castrate him.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    During Azzarello's run on Wonder Woman, he had her crunch Orion's junk and threaten to castrate him.
    Can we just say the New 52 Amazons as a whole?