Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Engine

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

still there...

With ribsword in hand, with gore in her curling locks, Sym has been sent to the distant past to murder her creators’ enemies. But the twisted alchemists who made Sym do not know that the engine that powers her is sentient, that it is the seed of their destruction. By blood and by fury, Sym will carve out her destiny in this new ongoing series.

DARK ENGINE is about the evil things that lurk inside us all. “Some drive us, some are alive and thinking. And Sym will learn just exactly what drives her, and why she was sent back in time to essentially murder anything standing,” explained Burton. “Of course, John [Bivens] does a brilliant job of capturing the enormous scope of the story, whether it's showing the stygian machinations of Sym's creators or the harrowing vistas that are littered with the husks of old Lovecraftian monsters, it's all there."
    Doesn't answer everything, but at least lets us know who Sym is, her mission, who those Alchemists in a different time line are, etc.

https://imagecomics.com/content/view...ainst-all-odds
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

I bought the first issue hoping for something new.....meh. Seemed like a female "Doomsday" just send her around and let her kill shit. I have already ordered 2 & 3 so I am gonna give it an arc before I decide if I am gonna drop it.