Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Many people thought this totally out of character but I loved it. Diana uses her super strength to casually bully a pawn shop owner into giving her the money she needs to help a battered wife escape her abusive husband. Is physical intimidation a tactic she would use in such a situation? Is that even a flaw? I'm not sure...

WW pawn shop.jpg

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Her flaws are virtues run amok. She always tries too hard. Takes her a long time to recognize a no win situation. Very overconfident. Fine tactitian, not so great strategist.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Many people thought this totally out of character but I loved it. Diana uses her super strength to casually bully a pawn shop owner into giving her the money she needs to help a battered wife escape her abusive husband. Is physical intimidation a tactic she would use in such a situation? Is that even a flaw? I'm not sure...

WW pawn shop.jpg
    If you're going to do a story about abuse, having your hero bully someone into getting their way might be something you want to avoid. At the very least, the irony should be made note of.

This was little different from the Diana of the 2011 pilot.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-24-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Sorry but this is a case of punching down. Not up. We need less of heroes trying to intimidate and/or bully people who aren't outright evil.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Her flaws are virtues run amok. She always tries too hard. Takes her a long time to recognize a no win situation. Very overconfident. Fine tactitian, not so great strategist.
    I can see trying too hard, but the others...not so much.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Sorry but this is a case of punching down. Not up. We need less of heroes trying to intimidate and/or bully people who aren't outright evil.
    I'm thinking of all the times Batman has dangled someone off a roof to get information. Even for heroes the ends often justify the means. Often, not always though, but it's not like the pawn shop owner wasn't actively trying to cheat Diana so he was no little lost lamb in the woods.

I'm thinking of all the times Batman has dangled someone off a roof to get information. Even for heroes the ends often justify the means. Often, not always though, but it's not like the pawn shop owner wasn't actively trying to cheat Diana so he was no little lost lamb in the woods.
    He also doesn't deserve being threatened, even if he was trying to cheat her (and I find it questionable that he was).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He also doesn't deserve being threatened, even if he was trying to cheat her (and I find it questionable that he was).
    If only in life we got what we deserve. The lesson here is anytime someone is selling you a priceless ancient artifact made out of gold you offer them a fair deal.