Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Girl #2

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was a fun issue and Joelle continues to do more with the mythology of WW than most WW writers have done in what feels like forever. We also were shown how easily it is to bring meembers of the Wonder family in, most of whom havent interacted in what also feels like forever.

Cassie being able to interact with Artemis and Hippolyta again after being shunned from the Wonder world was so refreshing but.....is she not a demi goddess herself anymore? She should be slightly stronger than Artemis.

The art was good overall but there was a clear dip in quality when it came to any panel that didnt involve Yara, it almost felt like 2 different artists with how the quality changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I liked this issue, but the first one was better. The fact that we already have a fill-in artist in the second issue doesn't bold well for the art of this book going forward. I wish it was all Joelle art, but i understand that she has to write and draw, so i didn't mind much. Especially since they brought in Adriana Melo to draw the other pages and it was cool to see her drawing Cassie again after that Wonder Girl one shot years ago.

Looks like some people here were right about Joćo, he might devolve into her love interest in the future.
    Well that explains the art!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was a fun issue and Joelle continues to do more with the mythology of WW than most WW writers have done in what feels like forever. We also were shown how easily it is to bring meembers of the Wonder family in, most of whom havent interacted in what also feels like forever.

Cassie being able to interact with Artemis and Hippolyta again after being shunned from the Wonder world was so refreshing but.....is she not a demi goddess herself anymore? She should be slightly stronger than Artemis.

The art was good overall but there was a clear dip in quality when it came to any panel that didnt involve Yara, it almost felt like 2 different artists with how the quality changed.

Well that explains the art!
    I think it's less that Cassie got a nerf and more Artemis got a buff since she was flying.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think it's less that Cassie got a nerf and more Artemis got a buff since she was flying.
    Yeah, it seems every member of the Wonder family has gotten a little boost since Diana got (disem)bodied.

Hippolyta and Artemis can both fly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Looks like some people here were right about Joćo, he might devolve into her love interest in the future.
    I dunno is that a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Id say not, it just seemed random when people were calling it earlier as there wasn't much indiciation it was going anywhere.
    Unlike this issue where hes helping her out and trying to get her back

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Maybe for some people, but not for me.
    But i don't really care about love interest for her right now, i'm much more interested in knowing her and the lore around her.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nŗ8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

If we need a fill-in artists then this is the way to do it - Joelle does pages with Yara, while Melo draws side-characters.

To me the best thing about this book was how "easily" multiple WW related characters were drawn into this story. In WW comics we usually just get Diana and maybe someone appears once in a while. Here? Ok, this is why Cassie is here, this is why Artemis is here and this is why we'll probably see some more characters in following issues. It looks very easy and "logical". I guess what I'm saying is that I want Wonder Woman Family book.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Good issue.

If Joao turns into a love interest (as I already saw coming in issue 1) it would honestly make me lose all interest in Yara as a character though. 2 issues in and she not only already has a love interest, but a male love interest of all things.

I mean, seriously? It's 2021.
    Last edited by Marik Swift; 07-07-2021 at 01:25 AM.

I think Joćo is going to be evil. I mean, who gets on a plane for a stranger like that? Or maybe I just don't trust nice people in comics...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If we need a fill-in artists then this is the way to do it - Joelle does pages with Yara, while Melo draws side-characters.
    I think Melo takes full control of the air by issue #6.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    To me the best thing about this book was how "easily" multiple WW related characters were drawn into this story. In WW comics we usually just get Diana and maybe someone appears once in a while. Here? Ok, this is why Cassie is here, this is why Artemis is here and this is why we'll probably see some more characters in following issues. It looks very easy and "logical". I guess what I'm saying is that I want Wonder Woman Family book.
    Don't we all.

DC should at least test the waters with a mini-series.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-07-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Yeah, it seems every member of the Wonder family has gotten a little boost since Diana got (disem)bodied.

Hippolyta and Artemis can both fly now.
    Maybe Diana's "death" caused her stand-ins to gain her powers? Hippolyta and Artemis have both been Wonder Woman at some point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe Diana's "death" caused her stand-ins to gain her powers? Hippolyta and Artemis have both been Wonder Woman at some point.
    If she's blessed with power by the gods then that blessing could be transferred to her successor/s?

I hope this means the Wonder team can finally use Donna and Cassie in the Wonder Woman book

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope this means the Wonder team can finally use Donna and Cassie in the Wonder Woman book
    It certainly "feels" like there has been planning and coordinating for the books and Diana's situation and world, moreso than in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Good issue.

If Joao turns into a love interest (as I already saw coming in issue 1) it would honestly make me lose all interest in Yara as a character though. 2 issues in and she not only already has a love interest, but a male love interest of all things.

I mean, seriously? It's 2021.
    To be frank, regardless of the gender of the person positioned as a love interest, a love interest so early, when we don't even know Yara, makes me eyeroll.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    To be frank, regardless of the gender of the person positioned as a love interest, a love interest so early, when we don't even know Yara, makes me eyeroll.
    Interesting perspective.

Didn't a lot of superheroes have romantic interests written into their origins pretty early on? I'm thinking Silver Age here.

My take on it is that it's very early on and there isn't enough evidence to really know any which way. He's hot and nice and clearly flustered by Yara, but could also be an in disguise villain.

That being said, the feel I get from him so far is that Jones wants a non-toxic, straight good guy in the cast. That could easily become a romantic interest, quickly or as a slow burn, but maybe he's there to provide some perceived need for gender balance in the cast?

Idk, but we shall seeeeeee.