Default Would the Drake have worked better as a joke character?

I wasn't a fan of Tim becoming the Drake for many reasons but I've thought about this for a while and I feel like it would have gone better if The Drake was a joke character. Like during a tussle with Manbat or what have you Time gets caught up in a explosion and wakes up to find he's turned into a humanoid duck like a parady of Darkwing Duck. I just love this idea as it would have made the concept more openly humorotus especially if Tim was being melodramatic about it going all phantom of the opera hiding from his old friends not wanting them to see his new look saying "I'm hideous!" all the while running into characters like Harley who react like "Awe he's so cute!"

I also think this would have been a better direction as it'd be a good way to bring back golden age villains that are more silly as I can see Tim's skills being severely affected by such a transformation in a negative way. Also I just love the idea of him in such a state having Condiment King as a recurring villain and Penguin for a arch nemesis wanting to add him to his bird collection. Like while searching for a cure he takes odd jobs that put him up against lots of vandalism and misdemeanor type criminals.

Tim is already treated as a joke character in a lot of books these days. Even as Robin/Red Robin (see the recent Truth & Justice.)

Drake, to those who hate it, is lame. Not in a funny way. Its not so bad that's its immediately hilarious or obviously funny. Its just not good. So characters mocking it is lame. Its not funny, it was just never a good idea. There's nothing funny about being truly lame.

Actually myself, I didn't hate the idea of the Drake name. Its better than most other proposals I've seen. Better than Red Robin at least in my opinion.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Tim is already treated as a joke character in a lot of books these days. Even as Robin/Red Robin (see the recent Truth & Justice.)

Drake, to those who hate it, is lame. Not in a funny way. Its not so bad that's its immediately hilarious or obviously funny. Its just not good. So characters mocking it is lame. Its not funny, it was just never a good idea. There's nothing funny about being truly lame.

Actually myself, I didn't hate the idea of the Drake name. Its better than most other proposals I've seen. Better than Red Robin at least in my opinion.
    What issues of Truth and Justice was Tim in?
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    What issues of Truth and Justice was Tim in?
    #18, the last one released.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I wasn't a fan of Tim becoming the Drake for many reasons but I've thought about this for a while and I feel like it would have gone better if The Drake was a joke character.
    He did it before in the original version of Young Justice for a little while and it worked well enough.

Mister Sarcastic.jpg

I think we'd also have accepted "Captain Douchebag."
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

I thought that was Damien?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.