Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    If she didn't get tons of character development by issue 1 then it's over for her.

What does this mean? What is his limited lifespan? Did they say he'll only be doing this for a year/x amount of issues? But yeah, he should've mainly focused on Kevin. Have the reveal of the Mind Reaper come in a following issue.
    No sorry meant that this specific team has a limited lifespan because it'll be rotating characters or that's the implication; through annual election iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Why do you feel the need to tell specifically you are black, Caribbean, and gay? Should it really matter to us that you are that? All of us are equal.
    Because someone who read it yesterday implied only straight white dudes would love it. That person was obvs wrong.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The X-Men are making headlines, fam.

"The X-Men's New Headquarters Is Cooler Than Avengers Tower"
    https://www.cbr.com/the-x-mens-treeh...uarters-debut/
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

If there was one main criticism I had for the writing, was maybe introducing too many villains in one issue. I kinda wish he'd stuck to setting up one and introducing the others at the end of the first arc or later in on in the series. That said, considering this team has a limited lifespan, Duggan may be doing a bit of rushing here.
    Limited lifespan? It's the flagship book. Why the assumption it'll end so soon?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Because someone who read it yesterday implied only straight white dudes would love it. That person was obvs wrong.
    Really??? That person is then quite prejudiced and short-sighted. Amen.

I am sure you will agree.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Really??? That person is then quite prejudiced and short-sighted. Amen.

I am sure you will agree.
    I don't know them personally so i wouldn't lean in on defining their character but they were definitely messy. It was an issue i think any fan of action and sci fi would love. i enjoyed it so much i already preordered issue 2.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The Wanda comment took me out!! The way Lorna just ignored it! Lmao

Why do you feel the need to tell specifically you are black, Caribbean, and gay? Should it really matter to us that you are that? All of us are equal.
    Cringe if that’s how you read it… why you policing him?

Astonishing Member

The X-men bot reminds me too much of the Imp from Battletech and looks too clunky in general for me to be impressed. I consumed too many mech anime, games and artwork. But that's not even meant as a nitpick about the issue (unless it's a Forge mini series i don't expect mechs as hero vehicles in X-men), i reserve judgement on that until more issues came out, so it's just a personal observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The X-men bot reminds me too much of the Imp from Battletech and looks too clunky in general for me to be impressed. I consumed too many mech anime, games and artwork. But that's not even meant as a nitpick about the issue (unless it's a Forge mini series i don't expect mechs as hero vehicles in X-men), i reserve judgement on that until more issues came out, so it's just a personal observation.
    I think X-Bot looks pretty jazzy for being thrown together so quickly.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

Meanwhile, the new X-Men team are joined by Polaris. Cyclops shows her and a reporter their new HQ.

Also, an add is seen for an alien lawyer representing Mars natives displaced by the mutants.
    The reporter, The Lawyer are established Marvel characters.

The High Evolutionary!

John Proudstar honorable mention!

Oh and that was Voltron, not Power Rangers....
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I really enjoyed this issue, and it had a level of excitement about it that I've been missing. The line up worked well together and the dynamics were fun. The only thing I wasn't that keen on was the X-Bot - when I heard that the team would have to use their powers in combination with each other towards the end of the issue, I thought we might be seeing more of the sort we have seen in Sword and with the Five. Still, a very enjoyable issue and some nice leads into future stories (we even seemed to get a Stitch and Mike Wazowski cameo in Gameworld!)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think X-Bot looks pretty jazzy for being thrown together so quickly.
    That's great. Also the crude design is clearly intentional, since the enemy robot(?) looked far more stylized.

Once again i think my reference pool is a bit too extensive, even when it comes to junk/patchwork mechs. But again not the focus of X-men comics.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Larraz' and Gracia's art was gorgeous, as usual. They deserve better writing. It wasn't bad, but it was very bland. The narration boxes were very old fashioned, which I suppose appeals to some, but after two years of innovation, to me it feels regressive. The dialogue was generic and corny, particularly Cyclops'. Duggan seems to be going with a TAS influenced interpretation of the character. The team dynamics felt off, perhaps it's just because they are a new team and it's the first issue, but I felt there was no chemistry between them. Actually there was a lack of personality to the team members in general, so perhaps that's why the dynamics felt hollow. Duggan seems to be making Synch the science guy, which feels like an odd choice to me. I get that Duggan wanted to give each team member a moment of their own in the battle, but the mecha was dumb, as was the ultimate plan being "lets throw a Wolverine at it". Mad scientist characters don't usually interest me, so the new antagonist (which of his three names are we meant to use?) has that working against him, and I'm not intrigued by the High Evolutionary tease. Gameworld is potentially interesting, but it would make more sense as a SWORD antagonist. The writing needs to improve if this book is going to hold my attention.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 07-07-2021 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Larraz' and Gracia's art was gorgeous, as usual. They deserve better writing. It wasn't bad, but it was very bland. The narration boxes were very old fashioned, which I suppose appeals to some, but after two years of innovation, to me it feels regressive. The dialogue was generic and corny, particularly Cyclops'. Duggan seems to be going with a TAS influenced interpretation of the character. The team dynamics felt off, perhaps it's just because they are a new team and it's the first issue, but I felt there was no chemistry between them. Actually there was a lack of personality to the team members in general, so perhaps that's why the dynamics felt hollow. Duggan seems to be making Synch the science guy, which feels like an odd choice to me. I get that Duggan wanted to give each team member a moment of their own in the battle, but the mecha was dumb, as was the ultimate plan being "lets throw a Wolverine at it". Mad scientist characters don't usually interest me, so the new antagonist (which of his three names are we meant to use?) has that working against him, and I'm not intrigued by the High Evolutionary tease. Gameworld is potentially interesting, but it would make more sense as a SWORD antagonist. The writing needs to improve if this book is going to hold my attention.
    1) The issue clearly states Synch is still in sync with Forge.

2) Synch spent the last few centuries being the tech guy for himself, laura and darwin the vault.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.