Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Spider-man 70 review

Its good.Like really good.Not amazing and definitely not bad.

The lizard and doc conner's got split.He's back with his family while Peter goes to find the sinister six.Spider-man doesn't them for hours but he suspects Kindred.

MJ is investigating Carlie's disappearance.

Harry tells Carlie that he was happy, but dormant Oscorp accounts started making strange transactions(maybe related to the plans we saw in Sins or Norman Osborn with the underground layer) which lead him to his fathers European real estate with a tortured history.There he met Kindred who locked him up.

The body Carlie found in the morgue was harry's.But she is talking to him right now.

So begs the question who is Kindred because we already have 2 harry's(one dead and one in a cell with Carlie).She doesn't tell harry this.

Overdrive goes to the bar with no name and recruits Boomerang and the others.

Kindred and Ock talk. Ock wants answers, he says in due time.
    Kindred reveals the sixth member of the Sinister Six, Mysterio.

Kindred says it's time and all the pieces are in place.No more waiting.

5 factions

1)The sinister six
    2)The foreigner's squad
    3)Boomerang and co.with overdrive
    4)The savage six
    5)The crime syndicate

Extraordinary Member

And Kindred isn't harry is he, I mean it may his soul from Pre-OMD and his body in the morgue, will have to wait and see.

Also "An East European Estate with a tortured history of it's own".Is it just me trippin with all the recent SP talk or is this in reference to SP.

This and the Norman referencing it, seems like they might just address and hopefully retcon it. Mysterio is perfect for it.

I mean Spencer loves doing this stuff a lot.He did it with the catalyst, the legion could have been robbing anything but it was something that would come into play later.He knows how to weave a good web.

Only thing I want to know is if and when and how King's ransom(Rose, Kingpin, etc.) and Chameleon Conspiracy(Theresa, Finisher, we already know the foreigner is a part of this) will play a part in this.

Nice set up for sinister war. Totally see the order of the web returning to help in later issues. The extra Harry body could be misleading or Kindred is really a Harry who has died. Another theory I have is that the green goblin side that was removed from Norman makes as a comeback as an unexpected party
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

That reference to Sins Past and the sequel, which took place in Paris.... What if Kindred is Gabriel Stacy and he's taking the Chamaleon serum to shift shape? That would be quite the revelation.
    Last edited by Diamond; 07-07-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Nice set up for sinister war. Totally see the order of the web returning to help in later issues. The extra Harry body could be misleading or Kindred is really a Harry who has died. Another theory I have is that the green goblin side that was removed from Norman makes as a comeback as an unexpected party
    I hope they show up and get rolled over.
    Then peter goes full BIB, the guy has been pushed to his breaking point and just demolishes them all.

Then we go final stand against Kindred.

Makes sense since we got Black in Back right before OMD.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That reference to Sins Past and the sequel, which took place in Paris.... What if Kindred is Gabriel Stacy and he's taking the Chamaleon serum to shift shape? That would be quite the revelation.
    I think it's references that will lead to the retcon hopefully.
    Spencer does this stuff a lot(like with the catalyst recently)

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

This is what Spencer does best. Gets you hyped.
    Let’s hope it pays off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    This is what Spencer does best. Gets you hyped.
    Let’s hope it pays off.
    He has delivered in the past even if it is in small increments.

And his entire run is structured to have a big finale with everything that has happened leading up to this, we will get a lot of big revelations here.

Extraordinary Member

Another theory I got from someone who is great at all stuff Spider-man.

The kids in SP are from Finisher's chameleon trainees .The rest like Gwen's talk with MJ is Mysterio.

Makes a tone of sense.

BANNED

This is a good issue. It's a solid set-up for Sinister War #1, and making it a clash between multiple factions of supervillains is a really ambitious idea but that makes me wish this was done on a grander scale. Maybe someday it will.

I have no idea where this is going and I am done speculating so let's see the story Spencer gets around to telling.

Incredible Member

In all seriousness, why didn't Carlie just mention the body to Harry? What could possibly go wrong? He already knows his death was faked according to the Mind on Fire arc.

Edit: grammar
    Last edited by xpyred; 07-07-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    In all seriousness, why didn't Carlie just mentioned the body to Harry? What could possibly go wrong? He already knows his death was faked according to the Mind on Fire arc.
    he might turn crazy on the spot or thats not even Harry she is speaking to?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

In all seriousness, why didn't Carlie just mentioned the body to Harry? What could possibly go wrong? He already knows his death was faked according to the Mind on Fire arc.
    I mean would tell someone you were locked with that you saw his body dead in a morgue?Specially an Osborn with ties to things like Goblin Serums, etc.
    We don't know what's going and Carlie doesn't either.She's playing it safe.

BANNED

What the readers knows does not correspond or correlate to what the characters knows, nor clarify what they would reasonably do in that situation.

Carlie is not sure where she is, what's she gotten into, she remembers seeing a corpse of Harry and is now in a cell with someone who says he's Harry. She's not sure what to think or believe. So best keep cards close to your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This is a good issue. It's a solid set-up for Sinister War #1, and making it a clash between multiple factions of supervillains is a really ambitious idea but that makes me wish this was done on a grander scale. Maybe someday it will.

I have no idea where this is going and I am done speculating so let's see the story Spencer gets around to telling.
    Spencer's good at hyping stuff up but I feel like this is way too ambitious to pull off in a comic, at least with how he's paced/depicted stuff in the back.