Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spencer's good at hyping stuff up but I feel like this is way too ambitious to pull off in a comic, at least with how he's paced/depicted stuff in the back.
    I think this is actually going to be the best part of the run.

Till now he could only give us small answers and teases.

And he has like 8+ normal issues and a 80+ ultra size to finish this.

I'm hyped.Specially since we're probably getting Peter being humiliated and beaten for Ben in Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think this is actually going to be the best part of the run.

Till now he could only give us small answers and teases.

And he has like 8+ normal issues and a 80+ ultra size to finish this.

I'm hyped.Specially since we're probably getting Peter being humiliated and beaten for Ben in Beyond.
    I'm just less confident in his ability to stick landings than I used to be.

Incredible Member

I started reading Spider-Man in 1993. My first issue was Harry’s death and then right into Maximum Carnage. I collected on and off until the Life Theft arc and then I was fully committed when the mystery man subplot began. I really enjoyed the 90’s Clone Saga and was a huge fan of Ben. As much as I love Ben, I’m tired of seeing a humiliated Peter. Peter has been a great big joke since Sins Past. BND really made him a super loser and then we got Slott’s run where he wasn’t a loser and yet the fans hate it. Now we’re on the verge of Beyond and you want Peter humiliated even more? I don’t get it.

Its good.Like really good.Not amazing and definitely not bad.

The lizard and doc conner's got split.He's back with his family while Peter goes to find the sinister six.Spider-man doesn't them for hours but he suspects Kindred.

MJ is investigating Carlie's disappearance.

Harry tells Carlie that he was happy, but dormant Oscorp accounts started making strange transactions(maybe related to the plans we saw in Sins or Norman Osborn with the underground layer) which lead him to his fathers European real estate with a tortured history.There he met Kindred who locked him up.

The body Carlie found in the morgue was harry's.But she is talking to him right now.

So begs the question who is Kindred because we already have 2 harry's(one dead and one in a cell with Carlie).She doesn't tell harry this.

Overdrive goes to the bar with no name and recruits Boomerang and the others.

Kindred and Ock talk. Ock wants answers, he says in due time.
    Kindred reveals the sixth member of the Sinister Six, Mysterio.

Kindred says it's time and all the pieces are in place.No more waiting.

5 factions

1)The sinister six
    2)The foreigner's squad
    3)Boomerang and co.with overdrive
    4)The savage six
    5)The crime syndicate
    Spencer is going out with a bang. So looking forward to this. I’m rooting for Janice’s team and Fred’s team. It should be awesome all these characters coming together for a big war. Spencer definitely can handle big casts. Going to miss all of these guys when Spencer is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Spencer is going out with a bang. So looking forward to this. I’m rooting for Janice’s team and Fred’s team. It should be awesome all these characters coming together for a big war. Spencer definitely can handle big casts. Going to miss all of these guys when Spencer is gone.
    Janice's team has some of the female equivalents of Otto and Toomes' teams, so that might be interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just less confident in his ability to stick landings than I used to be.
    I get that.
    But you have to understand this run is structured in a way that makes the ending the best part.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Liked the issue, which is rare considering Spencer's run, even with it being a set up issue.

I'd love to see a capable, as He should be with his intelligence and great powers, Spidey in the upcoming event. I'm afraid the "spider-family" lame stuff shoved in it...

I'll expect the best anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I started reading Spider-Man in 1993. My first issue was Harry’s death and then right into Maximum Carnage. I collected on and off until the Life Theft arc and then I was fully committed when the mystery man subplot began. I really enjoyed the 90’s Clone Saga and was a huge fan of Ben. As much as I love Ben, I’m tired of seeing a humiliated Peter. Peter has been a great big joke since Sins Past. BND really made him a super loser and then we got Slott’s run where he wasn’t a loser and yet the fans hate it. Now we’re on the verge of Beyond and you want Peter humiliated even more? I don’t get it.
    I agree with most of what you said.
    But he was a impulsive and incompetent man-child.

And you read my post wrong.I'm saying I am hyped for Spencer's run because we will probably get humiliated Peter in Beyond to prop up Ben.

I wanna enjoy a decent Spidey while it lasts.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Liked the issue, which is rare considering Spencer's run, even with it being a set up issue.

I'd love to see a capable, as He should be with his intelligence and great powers, Spidey in the upcoming event. I'm afraid the "spider-family" lame stuff shoved in it...

I'll expect the best anyway.
    I really hope the Spider-family just gets absolutely owned.
    Have Peter go full Black in Black.

Now You're talking!

Extraordinary Member

Now You're talking!
    BIB takes place just before OMD too.

Can you imagine BIB style Peter vs all these factions.
    We already got the villain owning Pete in Last Remains so I don't think we will go that route again.

Peter no holding back would fold them.

I really hope Spencer delivers

BIB takes place just before OMD too.

Can you imagine BIB style Peter vs all these factions.
    We already got the villain owning Pete in Last Remains so I don't think we will go that route again.

Peter no holding back would fold them.

I really hope Spencer delivers
    BIB was amazing. Also, I do want Spencer to succeed and leave the book with a bang, worthy of Marvel's flagship character and book.

Extraordinary Member

BIB was amazing. Also, I do want Spencer to succeed and leave the book with a bang, worthy of Marvel's flagship character and book.
    Yup
    I really hope Spencer does this character justice

I get that.
    But you have to understand this run is structured in a way that makes the ending the best part.
    That doesn't necessarily mean he'll for sure stick the landing though.
    Well, the Order of the Web doesn't have the best track record, although as much as I don't want them here it would be a waste of the characters to treat them that way.

Fantastic Member

I'm for sure hyped for Sinister War. Having all the factions of the run coming into a big clash is such a great way for it to go out with a bang.

Huh so Harry is getting his own clone saga or something huh. Kindred is more or less Kaine, OMD Harry like Ben, and Corpse Harry the original. I wish we wouldve gotten the Harry reveal back when Carlie got abducted at the end of Last Remains which wouldve been a far greater hook rather than having the scenes with Liz and whatnot to have it all revealed as an act, but ah well.