Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I'd love to see it too. And DEFENDERS.

But I have no idea what copyright problems there'd be with POWER COMPANY. I think DC owns everything in it...

kdb
    Cool, I thought it was at least partly creator owned. Now, if only DC would make it happen.

Peace

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I wish Al Ewings run on Loki got the omnibus treatment.

This will probably never happen due to copyright issues: 2001: A Space Odyssey by Jack Kirby - the Marvel Treasury movie adaptation and issues 1-11 of the ongoing

Amazing Member

This would be a good one. Secret Origins: Hero's Golden and New by Roy Thomas, Paul Levitz, Neal Gaiman - Contains DC Special (1975) issue 29, All-Star Squadron Comic (1981) issues 41, 47, 61, 62, 63, 65, 66, 67 Secret Origins (1986) issues 1-50, Annuals 1,2 and DC Secret Origins Special (1989) Issue 1.
    Last edited by Dr. No Good; 07-02-2022 at 01:45 AM.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I would like a collection of the "Whatever Happened To" backups from DC Comics Presents. I love comics dedicated to obscure Silver Age and Golden Age characters.

Amazing Member

Here one Dynamite could do James Bond Views To A Spy by Various Contains James Bond For Your Eyes Only (By Larry Hama, Howard Chaykin), James Bond: Permission to Die (By Mike Grell, Dameon Willich), James Bond: Serpent's Tooth (By Doug Moench, Paul Gulacy),James Bond: A Silent Armageddon (By Simon Jowett, John Burns), James Bond 007: Shattered Helix (By Simon Jowett, David Jackson) James Bond 007: The Quasimodo Gambit (By Don McGregor, Christopher Moeller), James Bond 007 Goldeneye (By Don McGregor, Rick Magyar)

This Omnibus contains several Bond Story's published by various publishers over the years ranging from Marvel, Eclipse, Dark Horse and others.

A collection of DC's 70's sword and sorcery and science and sorcery titles pre-DC Implosion:

Claw the Unconquered 1-12
    Beowulf, Dragon Slayer 1-6
    Stalker 1-4
    Starfire 1-8
    Star Hunter 1-7

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    A collection of DC's 70's sword and sorcery and science and sorcery titles pre-DC Implosion:

Stalker 1-4
    Starfire 1-8
    Star Hunter 1-7
    Never thought of that but I would LOVE that!

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    Never thought of that but I would LOVE that!
    DC has a wealth of forgotten titles that will probably never be reprinted, and some of them are hidden gems. I recently had a chance to read issues of Beowulf and Ricardo Villamonte's artwork is beautiful.

Meanwhile, Marvel is doing a fantastic job of printing their forgotten titles and tryout books (Spotlight, Premier etc.)

Along similar lines, acollection of DC’s lesser known sci-fi books from the 50’s -60’s – Star Hawkins, Space Museum, Chris KL-99, Space Ranger, Ultra the Multi-Alien, Knights of the Galaxy, Space Cabbie, the Star Rovers and Interplanetary Insurance, Inc.

Stalker 1-4
    Starfire 1-8
    Star Hunter 1-7
    I would love this
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 08-14-2022 at 09:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'd never even heard of those and I've not only been in the hobby for 35yrs but also worked a comic shop.
    Still some obscure material out there.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

This will probably never happen due to copyright issues: 2001: A Space Odyssey by Jack Kirby - the Marvel Treasury movie adaptation and issues 1-11 of the ongoing
    As someone who has never had the chance to read the Marvel 2001 comics, is it possible Marvel can reprint that series under a different name and changing the names of a couple of the characters from the film? I heard that the comic strays wildly from the source material.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 08-21-2022 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    As someone who has never had the chance to the Marvel 2001 comics, is it possible Marvel can reprint that series under a different name and changing the names of a couple of the characters from the film? I heard that the comic strays wildly from the source material.
    The initial Treasury Edition book is a direct adaption of the movie so there's probably not a great chance that they could include that under a different name. The main issue with the regular series is the appearances of the Monolith and the Star Child. Both are key elements of the movie and novel and probably wouldn't pass a copyright challenge.

Amazing Member

Justice Society of America All Star Golden Age by Gardner Fox, John Broome, Robert Kanigher Art by Various Collects Issue 3 to 57 of All Star Comics