Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Done in One Omnibus you want to see

Every year there is a poll for the most wanted Marvel omnibus. There were polls for DC also in past years.

Most of the omnibus that make the top 60list are either a first volume in a new series or a volume continuing an existing omnibus series.

That got me thinking about titles that can be done in one omnibus. What done in one omnibus would you like to see coming out?

Criteria:

1. Content has to be within 12 - 50ish issues. Less than 12 is just a OHC. More than 50ish would need more than one volume.
    2. The volume has to include an entire series or more.

My choices are:

Marvel
    1, Nth Man: The Ultimate Ninja - 16 issue series, material from Marvel Comics Presents 25, and Excalibur 27
    2. Captain Britain and the MI 13 - 15 issues, 1 annual, and the 6 issue Wisdom mini
    3. Clan Destine by Alan Davis - the original 8 issue series, 2 issue X-Men crossover, 5 issue mini, 3 annuals from 2012 and story from MCP 158 (non Davis issues from the 1st series are optional)
    4. Agents of Atlas by Jeff Parker - Basically the content from the 2 complete collections.
    5. Nomad by Fabian Nicieza - the 4 issue mini, 25 issue ongoing, various crossovers, and material fro Cap annual and MCP
    5. Gambit by Fabian Nicieza - Basically the content from the 2 complete collections
    6. Jack of Hearts by Bill Mantlo - The stories from Deadly Hand of Kung Fu 23-30 Iron Man 103-112, Marvel Premiere 44, Marvel Two In One 48, Marvel Team UP 134, and Jack of Hearts 1-4
    7. Bishop: The Last X-Man - 1-15 (I'm going to bend my rules by omitting issue 16, which is the last issue by a different writer that leads into a mini series)
    8. Kazar (90s series) - 21 issues and an annual
    9. Hercules by Bob Layton - 2 mini series from the 80s, the Full Circle Graphic Novel, stories from MCP 39-41, and Twilight of a God min
    10. Defenders by Busiek/Larsen - 12 issue Defenders series, 6 issue The Order series
    11. Punisher by Rucka - 16 issue series, 5 issue War Zone mini 1-5, material from Spider Island
    12. Weapon H by Pak - Weapon X 1-12, Totally Awesome Hulk 19-22, Weapon of Mutant Destruction one shot, Weapon H 1-12, Hulkverine 1-3

From DC
    1. Power Company by Kurt Busiek - 18 issue series, 7 one shots
    2. The Ray - 6 issue mini, 29 issue series, 1 annual, Black Canary #8 guest appearance
    3. DC Tanget - 18 one shot issues
    4. Justice Society by Len Stazewski - 8 issue mini, 10 issue ongoing
    5. Manhunter - Kate Spencer - 38 issue ongoing, stories from Batman: Streets of Gotham 1-13
    6. The Question by Dennis O'Neil - 36 issue ongoing, 2 annuals, 5 quarterly specials
    7. Resurrection Man - 28 issue first series, 13 issue New 52 series
    8. Thunder Agents by Nick Spencer - 10 issue first series, 6 issue 2nd series
    Last edited by Rincewind; 07-07-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Mighty Member

DC:
    *DC Universe by Rucka (Huntress: Cry for Blood, Death and the Maidens, 'Tec 854-863, Question: Five Books of Blood, FC: Revelations, Question: Pipeline, Convergence: The Question 1-2, Lois Lane: Enemy of the People 1-12)

*Dark Nights: Metal (Dark Days: The Casting & The Forge, Metal 1-6, Wild Hunt, Batman Lost, Hawkman Found, Gotham Resistance, Bats out of Hell, Dark Nights tie-ins).

*Armageddon 2001 (all annuals + notes on the original ending. Or a completely redrawn and re-written issue 2 w/original ending, but that's crazy)

*LoSH by Waid: L.E.G.I.O.N. 49-60, Valor 9-23 (20-23 by Busiek, but tie-in), Legionnaires 16-18, 23, LoSH v4 59-71

MARVEL:
    *Iron Man by Bendis - Invincible Iron Man 1-14, International Iron Man 1-7, Infamous Iron Man 1-12, Invincible Iron Man 1-11, 593-600, Civil War II 1-8 (CW takes us over the issue count, so omit it if you must)

*Counter-X - X-Man 63-75, Generation X 63-75, X-Force 102-115

*Spectacular Spider-man by DeMatteis - Spectacular Spider-man 178-200, 241-257, Annual 13, 14

*Daredevil by Denny O’Neill - DD 192-218, 220-225
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man (more than one volume, but start at the beginning)

Marvel's Indiana Jones

Duffy/Gammill Power Man & Iron Fist

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wonder Man: Marvel Premiere #55 (1980), #1 (1986), #1-29, Annual #1-2 (1991). ~35 issues.

Maybe throw in Marvel Team-Up #'s 78 and 136 or Avengers Two #1-2. I'd like to say PAD's 2006 mini should be included, but not even one of my favorite writers on one of my favorite characters could get me to overlook that absolute trash art...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I’ve got a huge list of omnis I want to see, but the “done in one” is a nice twist.

Off the top of my head, a Chuck Dixon/Connor Hawke omni might fit the bill, even if it would be a hefty boy (~45 issues and a few mini-series/tie-ins).

Random, I know, but I’ve always wanted Alan Moore’s Maximum Press/Awesome work collected. Mostly for Supreme of course, but it could also include his Judgement Day and various short-lived Youngblood/Glory stints to pad it a bit. (I know there are some old Supreme trades floating around out there, but I’d love an oversized hardover).

There are plenty of Vertigo series that would make for great done-in-one omni's. Ones that I'd buy off the top of my head:

Animal Man: #26-50 (post-Morrison/pre-Delano, and maybe some other random appearances from the era). ~26 issues.

Black Orchid: #1-3 (1988); #1-22, Annual #1 (1993); Swamp Thing #139. ~30 issues.

The Crusades: Urban Decree #1, #1-20. ~22 issues.

Kid Eternity: #1-3 (1991), #1-16 (1993) (plus a couple anthology stories). ~24 issues.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Wonder Man: Marvel Premiere #55 (1980), #1 (1986), #1-29, Annual #1-2 (1991). ~35 issues.

Maybe throw in Marvel Team-Up #'s 78 and 136 or Avengers Two #1-2. I'd like to say PAD's 2006 mini should be included, but not even one of my favorite writers on one of my favorite characters could get me to overlook that absolute trash art...
    Yes please
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Mighty Member

Morrison's Green Lantern. It's 28 issues (24 main issues, a 3 issue mini and an annual).

Hickman's Secret Warriors

Spectacular Member

My main two would be a Paul Chadwick Concrete collection (this is my absolute number 1- at least have the rest of my wants in some form already, but its annoying trying to collect Concrete) followed by getting Moore's Supreme collected properly (I have the two trade paperbacks but it would be nice to get an upgrade). I would also have said Madman, but that's now ticked off with the Library Editions, and I'm reasonably happy with my Bone by Jeff Smith, three volume Canadian editions. Part of me also would be interested in Savage Dragon, I still have issues 1-50, I'm not sure if it would be worth a revisit, and I remember Freak Force being one of those underrated series which deserved a wider audience.

I'd also like to see new collections for Claremont's X-men Forever, and also X-treme X-men (although it would be a large volume- adding up the TPB page counts, it comes to 1576- the same as the War of the Realms Omnibus. That doesn't leave room for extras, so it might need to be broken into two volumes).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man (more than one volume, but start at the beginning)

Marvel's Indiana Jones

Duffy/Gammill Power Man & Iron Fist
    Marvel Indiana Jones is my most wanted omni. I didn't include it because I wanted a 2 volume set that also covered the Dark Horse years.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

This was on my most wanted list for years. But we're more likely to see a Rom omnibus than a Gerard Jones centric omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Morrison's Green Lantern. It's 28 issues (24 main issues, a 3 issue mini and an annual).

Hickman's Secret Warriors
    We need a Secret Warriors reprint.

Incredible Member

The New Mutants by Zeb Wells: New Mutants (2009) #1-11, 15-21; material from X-Necrosha #1, The New Mutants Saga #1, Marvel Spotlight: New Mutants; Dani/Hela/Ares plot pages from UXM #514, Dark Avengers #8, and Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia; NM plot pages from Second Coming.
    (Optional - X-Infernus #1-4; X-Men: Hellbound #1-3; Cypher story from X-Men: To Serve and Protect #1; “Oh, The Places You’ll Go!” from Breaking Into Comics the Marvel Way #2.)

Sign me up for that Agents of Atlas and Rucka Punisher, too. And I wouldn’t say no to X-Men: The Hidden Years.
    Last edited by The Lucky One; 07-08-2021 at 07:09 AM.

It's probably a longshot, but a Sandman: Mystery Theatre Omnibus would be stellar.

I feel Dennis O'Neil's Question will get an Omni one day.

Grant Morrison's Green Lantern seems like a no-brainer at this point.

Ed Brubaker's Batman, you'd think, would be a prime candidate for an Omni.

With Charlie Huston's Moon Knight run getting collected in an Omni, I'm thinking its pretty much a sure thing that Warren Elllis'/Woods' run will get collected in an omni.

Can't really think of any more at the moment.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 01-14-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I feel Dennis O'Neil's Question will get an Omni one day.

Grant Morrison's Green Lantern seems like a no-brainer, at this point.

Ed Brubaker's Batman, you'd think, would be a prime candidate for an Omni.
    These, and these do seem like they have a strong likelihood of happening one day.

The only Marvel one I can think of is one I already custom made: Avengers vs Thanos Omnibus.....Basically all of Thanos's comics from his inception thru Infinity Gaunlet...and it stops there. So it basically is the content of roughly 3 existing Marvel trades.....Avengers vs Thanos TPB, Warlock #9-15 (these in their entirety, which the Avengers vs Thanos TPB didn't quite do), the Silver Surfer & Thanos Quest prelude stories to Infinity Gauntlet (see Infinity Gaunlet box set book: The Infinity Gauntlet Prologue HC), and then Infinity Gauntlet (#1-6 only, no tie-ins....the crossover tie-ins are best left to the already existing Infinity Gauntlet Omni). My hypothetical new Marvel Omni (which I liken to the Punisher: Back to the War Omnibus which collects all the various earliest Punisher appearances) would be an epic crash introductory course in Thanos and be just loaded with classic cosmic stories.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-08-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Martian Manhunter by John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake - Issues 0-36, 1,000,000
    Hawkworld - Issues 1-3 of the miniseries, 1-32 of the ongoing, annuals 1-3
    Blue Beetle by Len Wein - Issues 1-24
    The post-Batman Outsiders from the 80's - Adventures of the Outsiders 33-37, Outsiders 1-28, Outsiders Annual 1, Outsiders Special 1, Infinity Inc. Special 1
    Arion, Lord of Atlantis - back-ups from Warlord 55-63, Arion 1-35, Arion Special 1, Arion the Immortal 1-6
    Last edited by Babylon23; 07-08-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Martian Manhunter by John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake - Issues 0-36, 1,000,000
    Hawkworld - Issues 1-3 of the miniseries, 1-32 of the ongoing, annuals 1-3
    The post-Batman Outsiders from the 80's - Adventures of the Outsiders 33-37, Outsiders 1-28, Outsiders Annual 1, Outsiders Special 1, Infinity Inc. Special 1
    I'd buy all three of these.

After they canceled the first Hawkworld chunky trade a few years ago, I figured we'd never see that series reprinted. But now that DC's touting this whole omniverse idea, I think there's a chance they might stop ignoring material with conflicting continuity.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009