Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Krakoa Evil?

Default Is Krakoa Evil?

Is this sentient island that feeds off of the psychic energy of our beloved mutants working with or ultimately against our heroes?

I've read some wild theories - some of which I may share - and just thought I'd throw this question out there and see what others are thinking or theorizing.

Incredible Member

not sure i would call the island evil itself but something weird is going on with it. from dougs techno touch in hox and pox and the weird tumors in x force there's clearly something going on with the island

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Is this sentient island that feeds off of the psychic energy of our beloved mutants working with or ultimately against our heroes?

I've read some wild theories - some of which I may share - and just thought I'd throw this question out there and see what others are thinking or theorizing.
    Well, if the sentient island feeds off of the psychic energy of the mutants, it needs the mutants like a wolf needs his preys. Is a wolf evil? Are we evil because we don’t feed on sun, water and air like plants…?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Not so much "evil" as more truly "alien" and at this point of its life self serving. Millenia ago was different, but you can witness hominid bullshit only so far before giving up. So far mutants and krakoa purpose coincide. Nothing say thing won't change. Mentally i think krakoa is close to a millenia old groot, with some element of Hulk(what element of the insane green posse i lewve to your imagination). Contempt is the standard mood.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I really do not like the Terra formers story in X-Force. It is weird and makes X-Force come across as bad guys (especially Beast).

The techno touch of Cypher/Warlock never got explained, did they?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

They're aware of that, hence why Selene and Emplates job is to make sure Krakoa does not take too much.

Blue Flame

Phoenix Revelation #1: Who is a clone? Who is an original? Could it have all started where it ended? A state of stasis - preservation for posterity's sake and as a precautionary measure against a potentially imperfect process - and a test of the r. protocols. Between them, they had four eyes, but now only one has two.

Phoenix Revelation #2: What it feeds on it distorts; what it distorts it contorts; what it contorts it aborts. Staring out through a cold haze, numb, dumb, and plumbed, as if tased. From within the confines of a thick bell jar, "Guiding myself as if by an invisible thread, I stepped into the room."

Phoenix Revelation #3: Is it symbiotic or parasitic? Passion vine, Texas sage, Indigo spires salvia, Confederate jasmine, Royal cape, Snow-on-the-mountain, Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, Datura.
    Last edited by Mercury; 07-08-2021 at 04:46 AM.

Looks rather evil to me....
    How-vulcan-survived-krakoa/
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Krakoa is basically a sentient creature/plant that's never been part of a social order after being separated from its other half, and as such you can't really apply human concepts of morality to it. During the Second Genesis era it was hungry and acting in pure survival mode, trying to entrap smaller organisms to feed on, much like a Venus Fly Trap. Despite having a language I think it exists on a very primal level of wants and needs.

In House Of X Charles basically negotiated a symobiosis where the island would act as home to the mutants and in return be able to drain the psychic energy it needs from the collective population. There are plenty of examples of mutually beneficial relationships between species like this developing in nature (the crocodile never eats the plover bird), and I don't see any reason for Krakoa to return to aggression as long as it continues to get the sustenance it needs and is happy to continue hosting the mutants. Farming is better return on investment than hunting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Well, if the sentient island feeds off of the psychic energy of the mutants, it needs the mutants like a wolf needs his preys. Is a wolf evil? Are we evil because we don’t feed on sun, water and air like plants…?
    But, we do feed on the sun, water, air, and plants...
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-08-2021 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Blue Flame

Phoenix Revelation #1: Who is a clone? Who is an original? Could it have all started where it ended? A state of stasis - preservation for posterity's sake and as a precautionary measure against a potentially imperfect process - and a test of the r. protocols. Between them, they had four eyes, but now only one has two.

Phoenix Revelation #2: What it feeds on it distorts; what it distorts it contorts; what it contorts it aborts. Staring out through a cold haze, numb, dumb, and plumbed, as if tased. From within the confines of a thick bell jar, "Guiding myself as if by an invisible thread, I stepped into the room."

Phoenix Revelation #3: Is it symbiotic or parasitic? Passion vine, Texas sage, Indigo spires salvia, Confederate jasmine, Royal cape, Snow-on-the-mountain, Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, Datura.
    Very salient observations. Did I miss these in a title somewhere or are these fan-made?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Uh mm not as well as plants and herbivores. The energy/calories feedback is not exceptional, hence omnivores.

Extraordinary Member

Did you read Dr Reyes’ report page in the latest X-Force issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Indirectly for us, “animals”, it implies most of the time the destruction of plants and animals. We are not autotrophic.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe