Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Krakoa Evil?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is Krakoa Evil?

Is this sentient island that feeds off of the psychic energy of our beloved mutants working with or ultimately against our heroes?

I've read some wild theories - some of which I may share - and just thought I'd throw this question out there and see what others are thinking or theorizing.

Incredible Member

not sure i would call the island evil itself but something weird is going on with it. from dougs techno touch in hox and pox and the weird tumors in x force there's clearly something going on with the island

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Is this sentient island that feeds off of the psychic energy of our beloved mutants working with or ultimately against our heroes?

I've read some wild theories - some of which I may share - and just thought I'd throw this question out there and see what others are thinking or theorizing.
    Well, if the sentient island feeds off of the psychic energy of the mutants, it needs the mutants like a wolf needs his preys. Is a wolf evil? Are we evil because we don’t feed on sun, water and air like plants…?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Well, if the sentient island feeds off of the psychic energy of the mutants, it needs the mutants like a wolf needs his preys. Is a wolf evil? Are we evil because we don’t feed on sun, water and air like plants…?
    But, we do feed on the sun, water, air, and plants...
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-08-2021 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Uh mm not as well as plants and herbivores. The energy/calories feedback is not exceptional, hence omnivores.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Indirectly for us, “animals”, it implies most of the time the destruction of plants and animals. We are not autotrophic.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Very salient observations. Did I miss these in a title somewhere or are these fan-made?
    Thank you. No, I just shared these "revelations" today.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Did you read Dr Reyes’ report page in the latest X-Force issue?
    No, what did it say?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Thank you. No, I just shared these "revelations" today.

No, what did it say?

Its taking there energy BUT with everything Krakoa has done I don't think its anything near EVIL.

I'm sure it has alterior motives though.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I don't know if Krakoa is evil, but it certain wants to keep as many mutants on it as possible.

--
    From X-men #7:

- Scott: Well? What did you find?
    - Kurt: I'm not sure. When I was younger -- if I were designing a place to live that was everything I wanted -- that building would have been it. I would have called it home, I think. It's perfect, Scott. Like everything here. Like the island made it just for me. Doesn't that make the hair on your arms stand up?
    --

It could be out of a misguided intention of doing good (the rationale: "If they're happy, they don't leave and I don't need to kill anyone anymore, I grow stronger and protect them better"). The question is, regardless of nefarious intent (or even any intention at all), is it manipulating them to be happy and compliant so they stay?

After all, altering someone's biochemistry can alter the way they feel and think.

To answer the question properly one would need to know what the definition of evil is in this case. Are we talking universal evil where innocent babies are thrown off walls (but people still did it.) or are we talking willing to keep mutants alive at all cost, evil, that would depend on perspective.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    As someone who has spent way to much time gardening the past year, plants need more than that and plants will ‘eat’ animals too, lol (dried animal blood is an organic fertilizer used to add nitrogen into the soil.) . And bind weed and trumpet vines are totally evil, so krakoa could be too!

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    As someone who has spent way to much time gardening the past year, plants need more than that and plants will ‘eat’ animals too, lol (dried animal blood is an organic fertilizer used to add nitrogen into the soil.) . And bind weed and trumpet vines are totally evil, so krakoa could be too!
    What, a tender violette can’t be evil!

But, you’re right: a garden is a merciless battlefield, plants fighting for space, water and sun… It just makes less noise than we do.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Neutral. Not evil but not good. So long as the mutants don't **** up and blow him to bits Krakoa will likely let them do what they want

Krakoa is a verdant succubus.