Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #119 – Simon Spurrier Talks ‘The Onslaught Revelation,’ Stacy X...

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/09/x-...ier-interview/

AIPT: Finally, you’ve touched on it here and there throughout this interview, but what can you tell us about X-Men: The Onslaught Revelation, what the future holds for the Way of X saga? Or, “season 2” as you’ve said.

Simon: Ha, not a great deal, alas. Let’s see…

If Way of X is a quest to find a big idea… and The Onslaught Revelation is the crisis that occurs when the idea is actually found… then what comes next must surely be The Idea In Action.

Look for gun, find gun, shoot gun. Or, more accurately: look for gun, find gun, realize it’s actually a transcendent rapture-inducer and tune out of reality.

You’ll know much much more about what to expect when you get to the back page — and the back-page-plus-one — of The Onslaught Revelation.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Sigh. He still thinks Kurt is an ordained priest. How long sinch that (idiotic) idea was disposed of? Can anyone remember the issue? My elderly memory is failing me.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So after Way of X, we get the Onslaught one-shot, followed by something is not announced yet? Did I understand that correctly?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Logan looking thicc in that bottom pic. Pandemic weight?

I suppose I'm glad enough that the Mercury/Loa plot will get something positive at the end of the series. Conversely, I'm not particularly enamored that their previous scene was more a plot device for Legion's future growth than anything else. I don't know; maybe I'm reading that answer in an uncharitable way. :/

I did laugh at the thought of Soft Serve being lactose intolerant. That would be a rocky road for her to go down.

Si Spurrier is amazing and I can't undestand people having problems with this book. He gives very detailed interviews, and I'm so glad for it. It gives us details about what happened and it makes you think.

I'm super excited that this is not the end for him in this Krakoa era, and that the next steps are already planned. I think we'll get new things after Inferno is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Si Spurrier is amazing and I can't undestand people having problems with this book. He gives very detailed interviews, and I'm so glad for it. It gives us details about what happened and it makes you think.

I'm super excited that this is not the end for him in this Krakoa era, and that the next steps are already planned. I think we'll get new things after Inferno is done.
    He’s a clever writer and a superb interviewee.

My problem with the book is he’s not writing the version of Kurt I’ve been following since 1980.
    He’s two issues left to change my mind.

Astonishing Member

Some people like certain writers and their writing style and some don't, all because of personal preferences. Or can like or respect a writer in general, but dislike what they do with a certain book, franchise or characters they like.

I respect Spurrier and like many of the original works. The Spire in particular had me hooked from first to last issue, both because of the mystery in the plot and the world he had crated.
    But i also felt his X-force had a lot of problems and downright disliked what he did with Marrow in terms of personality and development (at least he repowered her).

So i can totaly understand those who dislike what he does in Way of X both world wise and the way he writes Nightcrawler.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I like Si Spurrier a lot I thought he was a breath of fresh air for the early 10's however, Way of X, feels off for me. Everyone outside of Legion, talks and feels like totally different people. I ignored it the first two issues, but the issues themselves haven't captured my attention like Hellions, X-men, or SWORD. It has interesting ideas, but the execution is missing for me and the characters and story aren't enough of a hook like I hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I suppose I'm glad enough that the Mercury/Loa plot will get something positive at the end of the series. Conversely, I'm not particularly enamored that their previous scene was more a plot device for Legion's future growth than anything else. I don't know; maybe I'm reading that answer in an uncharitable way. :/
    I got a similar impression, though I guess it's possible they might still get some development out of it. At least it doesn't sound like they'll be coming out of this hating each other.

Please tell me "Nighty Nightcrawlers" wound is fatal. Nice to see Carmen on Krakoa. I wonder what her powers are.
    Mutant and Proud!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Please tell me "Nighty Nightcrawlers" wound is fatal. Nice to see Carmen on Krakoa. I wonder what her powers are.
    Shes a shapeshifter

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Carmen looks absolutely beautiful in that shot.

Someone kindly provided the scans of Kurt finding out that he wasn’t and never had been ordained. Not often you’ll find me saying this, but Austin was right.
    1A84CDCF-51CF-4058-B8BF-CF798A679788.jpg