Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Is Krakoa Evil?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

When it comes to the idea of mutants becoming a hive mind cerebro worries me a lot more than Krakoa at this point, after all Apocalypseīs backstory not only served to explain his ideology and motivations but also those of Krakoa. For Krakoa mutants once again living there and sharing itīs space is a return to a status quo in which itīs content and feed while mutants have a home and security they didnīt always had.

Cerebro, on the other hand, is actually a hive mind that has the memories of almost every mutant ever born, itīs for me a call back of what Nimrod used to do in PoX, he killed mutants and then forced their mind into a hive mind for such a long period of time that there was no longer any different between one mind and the other, no matter the level of tecnology developed by post humans so when it came the time for the phalanx to take over humanity, not even the librarian could find an answer to change their future in the old mutant records of Nimrod.

So more than Krakoa, for me itīs the resurrection process the one thing that presents more questions, especially if we consider X-force and Way of X showed how it can affect characters like Domino, Colossus, Quentin Quire or Pixie even if the change is subtle.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Seems way too complicated.

It could be a hoot for Krakoa to develop the ability to grow 'mutant' bio-matter in it's own matrix, and, in a head-scratching sort of way, 'feed off of itself' and create a kind of internal homeostasis (still needing chemicals and proteins and mass/energy from other sources like water and sunlight, but no longer needing mutants to psychically parasitize), and kicking all of mutantkind off of itself and zapping off to the stars to seek out it's own destiny. "So long suckas!"
    Lmao! This is too cute. It’s giving me Alan Moore Swamp Thing teas…

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    When it comes to the idea of mutants becoming a hive mind cerebro worries me a lot more than Krakoa at this point, after all Apocalypseīs backstory not only served to explain his ideology and motivations but also those of Krakoa. For Krakoa mutants once again living there and sharing itīs space is a return to a status quo in which itīs content and feed while mutants have a home and security they didnīt always had.

Cerebro, on the other hand, is actually a hive mind that has the memories of almost every mutant ever born, itīs for me a call back of what Nimrod used to do in PoX, he killed mutants and then forced their mind into a hive mind for such a long period of time that there was no longer any different between one mind and the other, no matter the level of tecnology developed by post humans so when it came the time for the phalanx to take over humanity, not even the librarian could find an answer to change their future in the old mutant records of Nimrod.

So more than Krakoa, for me itīs the resurrection process the one thing that presents more questions, especially if we consider X-force and Way of X showed how it can affect characters like Domino, Colossus, Quentin Quire or Pixie even if the change is subtle.
    Not to mention that dying in other places like the Otherworld and Arakko seems to affect the data and somehow even the biochemistry of the bodies who were resurrected.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 08-02-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Not to mention that dying in other places like the Otherworld and Arakko seems to affect the data and somehow even the biochemistry of the bodies who were resurrected.
    Agreed it seems like magic and distance affects the functions of cerebro.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

Since the Orchis version of Onslaught seems more like an artificial psychic parasite, I'm wondering if it's using the resurrection process to spread its influence, which might be the reason why Pixie saw the Patchwork Man upon being brought back in Way of X #1. Even worse, it might persist hidden in the backups, which could make it a recurring threat for as long as the resurrections protocols exist.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Since the Orchis version of Onslaught seems more like an artificial psychic parasite, I'm wondering if it's using the resurrection process to spread its influence, which might be the reason why Pixie saw the Patchwork Man upon being brought back in Way of X #1. Even worse, it might persist hidden in the backups, which could make it a recurring threat for as long as the resurrections protocols exist.
    Interesting idea, the whole monicker 'patchwork' man bespeaks of error, as if he thrives on some blindspots or blanks in the memories matrix.You could be onto something , down the line it could be revealed that storing minds on such a vast scale and so close together gave birth to him or at least feeds him as some sentient entity made out of patches of the constituent minds or at least psychic will to make connection between memories from one iteration to another.Would be interesting if that is what gives Onslaught some foothold on Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Interesting idea, the whole monicker 'patchwork' man bespeaks of error, as if he thrives on some blindspots or blanks in the memories matrix.You could be onto something , down the line it could be revealed that storing minds on such a vast scale and so close together gave birth to him or at least feeds him as some sentient entity made out of patches of the constituent minds or at least psychic will to make connection between memories from one iteration to another.Would be interesting if that is what gives Onslaught some foothold on Krakoa
    This would be the second time one of Xavier's ideas gave birth to a vengeful emergent intelligence trying to make his students kill themselves. Maybe the X-Men just shouldn't let grandpa near a supercomputer any more.

Does Krakoa still need two mutant sacrifices a year?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm just going to be real when i read this thread and what makes krakoa "evil" i think based on these standards is Russia evil? is Israel evil? is the U.S evil?
    I mean.......... No comment.

Well, neither Russia, Israel, or the US are sentient living land masses, so… 😂

Fantastic Member

Is there an ongoing list of which Mutants have naturally died and been brought back via the Five on Krakoa?

If someone is keeping track, it might be interesting to note who is still 'pure' versus 'downloaded / resurrected'
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Is there an ongoing list of which Mutants have naturally died and been brought back via the Five on Krakoa?

If someone is keeping track, it might be interesting to note who is still 'pure' versus 'downloaded / resurrected'
    Maybe none of them are “pure”… hence their strange behaviour. Maybe they all have died and came back before HOX.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

No more than USA, so like the rest of superheroes