Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Krakoa Evil?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Don’t we provide everything sheep need to thrive? They are happy, the farmer is happy too. We have chosen the best specimens for our needs: gentle, a lot of wool…
    It's an intriguing thought I've been entertaining for a long time. The last X-Force just provided more clues.

But like I told Mercury the X-Office has this culture of throwing a lot of stuff out there even if they don't mean to use it. The idea is to leave something that future writers could decide to use. It's something they learnt from CC's stories. So... maybe we won't actually see anything out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It's an intriguing thought I've been entertaining for a long time. The last X-Force just provided more clues.

But like I told Mercury the X-Office has this culture of throwing a lot of stuff out there even if they don't mean to use it. The idea is to leave something that future writers could decide to use. It's something they learnt from CC's stories. So... maybe we won't actually see anything out of it.
    Problaby… Krakoa looks more as a plot device than the main player of this run. Who knows…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Problaby… Krakoa looks more as a plot device than the main player of this run. Who knows…
    I don't think the writers know at this point, actually. They'll know if they decide to go for it and it think it's still too soon. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I don't think the writers know at this point, actually. They'll know if they decide to go for it and it think it's still too soon.
    It'll be central to Hickman's grand finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It'll be central to Hickman's grand finale.
    Imagine that! :D

Years from now, you're telling a new reader about this run. And they get super excited and, before you can finish, they ask: "so, in the end, was there a big showdown between humans and mutants?". And you answer: "Nope. It turns out the mutants found out Krakoa was the big meanie, so they moved out of the island and became friends with the humans again".

Before anyone gets upset: please, don't. I have a weird sense of humour. :D

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Depends on intelligent it is.
    "Cable was right!"

Since we don't have a definition of evil i guess i would say less evil than russia but more evil than Eternia.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Sorry...wrong thread.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-08-2021 at 02:50 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yeah, after that latest issue of X-Force and the constant revisiting of bio-technology in various X-Men books this run it's making me raise an eyebrow. Havok's recap also reminded me of "Doug's" ultimate state in one of Moira's lives. He wound up becoming nothing more than a shell/frame for Krakoa to inhabit, but looked very much like the various plant based creatures/variants discussed in X-Force.

If this is "Evil Krakoa" it make plenty of sense. The X-Men are living on it, defending it, and willfully spreading it to every country on Earth, and even locations in space. Hell, there's even Krakoa in other dimensions. If the mutants are compromised by an Evil Krakoa, it seems similar to what certain parasites and fungus do in that they force the host to optimal positions to spread themselves. Whether that's high elevations to spread as many spores as possible or be eaten by other animals to transfer themselves to them. And as noted in the books, Krakoa's seems to be expansionist (to the detriment of other life forms).

A less malevolent Krakoa doing something like this would still cause problems. Remember that when Krakoa didn't want the External Gate closed it put its foot down. If it made selfish, but not evil demands of the mutants they'd have 0 answer for it. Its way or the hard way. IMO, if there's a conflict against Krakoa this is where I suspect it'll come from.

Great points, Metal Sphere.

I'm just going to be real when i read this thread and what makes krakoa "evil" i think based on these standards is Russia evil? is Israel evil? is the U.S evil?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm just going to be real when i read this thread and what makes krakoa "evil" i think based on these standards is Russia evil? is Israel evil? is the U.S evil?
    Put it this way: Is Krakoa working against the best interests of mutants as a whole to ensure not just its own survival but domination over them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Put it this way: Is Krakoa working against the best interests of mutants as a whole to ensure not just its own survival but domination over them?
    Then no. I don't think it is evil Planet size stands out where arako was smiling when it made the diplomatic ring based on what storm was thinking and how krakoa made the boneyard in polaris image and how safe she felt sleeping on krakoa and their connection. so while it could be written that way in comics both krakoa and arrako have shown to have a connection to it's inhabitants. Remember krakoa also did not want Doug to do battle in X of Swords despite it meaning being reconnected with arrako. i guess i'm saying so far the elemental authorities seem to love Krakoa.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Blue Flame

Phoenix Revelation #4: "X" marks the spot of Krakoa's new home. Literally.

It is evil, isn't it?

(And all of you know it...)