Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Krakoa Evil?

As evil as Groot.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It is evil, isn't it?

(And all of you know it...)
    You answer a question you asked? A tiger is not a man’s friend and yet some people work with them… Why is it so important that Krakoa is evil?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You answer a question you asked? A tiger is not a man’s friend and yet some people work with them… Why is it so important that Krakoa is evil?
    Some people desperately search validation for their headcanon, in order to feel smarter than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    As evil as Groot.
    Or as gea/gaia (she is stillan individual entity or she too become a construct made by phoenix...i am still confused about it)or as man-thing.
    More like true neutral than evil neutral really

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    As evil as Groot.
    Aw. This is too cute!

I'm just being a little ****, Zelena. Actually, though I can see how Krakoa being sinister could work, I actually hope they don't go in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Some people desperately search validation for their headcanon, in order to feel smarter than anyone else.
    It's really not that deep, lol.

It's really not that deep, lol.
    Ehh what can i say, never been to good at detecting sarcasm or irony.

Ultimate Member

I'm just being a little ****, Zelena. Actually, though I can see how Krakoa being sinister could work, I actually hope they don't go in that direction.
    I'm fine with some sinister symbiotic side-effects, or of Krakoa thinking of this new arrangement as something similar to how a human farmer thinks of putting a fence around all of his cattle and protecting them, but something *really* overtly evil about Krakoa infesting everyone consciously runs the risk of making all of the mutants on Krakoa come across as idiots that are endangering the rest of the world by spreading his gates around and building the treehouse in New York and *feeding his medicines to people all over the world* running the risk of infecting them as well!

It would make the X-Men unwitting supervillains, and I don't like that. I don't mind some unforeseen consequences, and Krakoa not being a kind wonderful entity (more the crazy cat-lady, who keeps hordes of cuddlies as close as possible...), but actively evil runs the risk of making pretty much every mutant involved in spreading him around, from Cyclops to Kitty Pryde to Storm, look kinda shady.

As for Selene and Emplate keeping tabs on Krakoa, who better than a pair of greedy gluttons to monitor with jealous resentful eyes how much he feeds and run to tattle on him if he ever tries to sneak a bigger portion? They've got it pretty good as well. Selene has had centuries, if not millenia, to get used to the idea of being a predator, but Emplate has a one in a billion chance of turning away from regarding other mutants as tasty food and becoming less of a toad. (Much like Proteus, no longer dependent on a endless sequence of burnt-out human hosts left in a trail of corpses behind him, and showing no signs of wanting to go back to that murder-spree.) It will be interesting to see if Emplate also turns the bend to something new, or actively chooses to continue to be a terrible person, no longer having to prey on other people to survive, but *choosing* to. I kind of like the idea of him continuing to be a creep. Not every villain needs to be redeemed, or redeemable. Even if he did have a chance in hell of a face turn, Selene could also be a bad influence...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 07-11-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Krakoa is not evil, nor is it good either. It's really beyond morality, at least human one.

Astonishing Member

Well, if the sentient island feeds off of the psychic energy of the mutants, it needs the mutants like a wolf needs his preys. Is a wolf evil? Are we evil because we don’t feed on sun, water and air like plants…?
    As someone who has spent way to much time gardening the past year, plants need more than that and plants will ‘eat’ animals too, lol (dried animal blood is an organic fertilizer used to add nitrogen into the soil.) . And bind weed and trumpet vines are totally evil, so krakoa could be too!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Krakoa is basically a sentient creature/plant that's never been part of a social order after being separated from its other half, and as such you can't really apply human concepts of morality to it. During the Second Genesis era it was hungry and acting in pure survival mode, trying to entrap smaller organisms to feed on, much like a Venus Fly Trap. Despite having a language I think it exists on a very primal level of wants and needs.

In House Of X Charles basically negotiated a symobiosis where the island would act as home to the mutants and in return be able to drain the psychic energy it needs from the collective population. There are plenty of examples of mutually beneficial relationships between species like this developing in nature (the crocodile never eats the plover bird), and I don't see any reason for Krakoa to return to aggression as long as it continues to get the sustenance it needs and is happy to continue hosting the mutants. Farming is better return on investment than hunting.
    Plus mutants via the gates have expanded Krakoa.

It’s a dream come true for the island. No reason for it to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    As someone who has spent way to much time gardening the past year, plants need more than that and plants will ‘eat’ animals too, lol (dried animal blood is an organic fertilizer used to add nitrogen into the soil.) . And bind weed and trumpet vines are totally evil, so krakoa could be too!
    What, a tender violette can’t be evil!

But, you’re right: a garden is a merciless battlefield, plants fighting for space, water and sun… It just makes less noise than we do.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Neutral. Not evil but not good. So long as the mutants don't **** up and blow him to bits Krakoa will likely let them do what they want

Krakoa is a verdant succubus.

Astonishing Member

What, a tender violette can’t be evil!

But, you’re right: a garden is a merciless battlefield, plants fighting for space, water and sun… It just makes less noise than we do.
    Violets are fine. But bindweed and trumpet vines are evil, that’s just science.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm just going to be real when i read this thread and what makes krakoa "evil" i think based on these standards is Russia evil? is Israel evil? is the U.S evil?
    Pretty sure OP was talking about the organism and not the country.
    "Cable was right!"