Default Rebirth Darkseid vs Cosmic Skyfather Thor

Okay, so this is my way of figuring out how powerful current DS is, by having him go toe to toe with Thor at his strongest. Thor has the power of cosmic like he has as a herald of Galactus, and the Odinforce. Assume he can do anything that Jane Thor, Odin and the Surfer(minus the speed feats as i don't think he obtained any speed increase when he became a Herald, if he did obtain a speed upgrade then sure, otherwise; assume he is no faster than Jane Thor at best) can do.

How does he fair against Darkseid, who took down the Quintessence?(Remove him taking down the Spectre from the equation due to how radically the Spectre can vary in power on an inconsistent basis depending on the plot). Remember that current DS is also supposed to be a composite of his past avatars as well, so any feats they have done automatically go to him.

So how does this fight go down?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

The Spectre alone is way above any version of Thor ever.

Rebirth DS one-shotted Spectre at the same time as one-shotting the Phantom Stranger.

This only ends one way, unless said one-shotting is some crazy-ass outlier stuff that bears no resemblance to other Rebirth DS appearances (of which I think there have been very few) or any explicit asterisks like power-ups or non-standard MacGuffins.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The Spectre alone is way above any version of Thor ever.
    Seriously dude?

(Remove him taking down the Spectre from the equation due to how radically the Spectre can vary in power on an inconsistent basis depending on the plot).

one-shotting the Phantom Stranger.
    I asked this in another but receives no answers, what is the significance of this? What has the stranger done that makes taking him out significant?

This only ends one way, unless said one-shotting is some crazy-ass outlier stuff that bears no resemblance to other Rebirth DS appearances (of which I think there have been very few) or any explicit asterisks like power-ups or non-standard MacGuffins.
    How powerful were the other members of the Quintessence?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Seriously dude?
    I mean, Modern Darkseid has literally one feat at time of writing. If we discount Spectre being there then that makes this really hard to talk about because...

I asked this in another but receives no answers, what is the significance of this? What has the stranger done that makes taking him out significant?

How powerful were the other members of the Quintessence?
    The other members of the Quintessence don't have many feats.

Phantom Stranger barely ever does anything but he's presented to be like... well, honestly, around Spectre-ish level, depending on what his origin story is that week.

Ganthet is a Guardian who has like GL+++ stuff and can "crack a planet in half with a thought," but barely ever does anything.

The Wizard Shazam is meant to be very powerful but is, I believe, strongest in his place of power in the Rock of Eternity and rarely does anything outside it.

Highfather, who should have been buffed by the general buff there's been to the New Gods conceptually in modern DC, - once again - he seldom does anything.

And Hera, who I don't think I can name a single feat for. That might be due to unfamiliarity on my part but she's not exactly feat heavy.

While he's variable in terms of power, Spectre is probably the most solid character in terms of feats in the group. If we're discounting that then there's honestly not a lot to work with. Almost like making a thread for a version of Darkseid with one(1) feat to his name is a bit premature.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, Modern Darkseid has literally one feat at time of writing. If we discount Spectre being there then that makes this really hard to talk about because...

The other members of the Quintessence don't have many feats.

Phantom Stranger barely ever does anything but he's presented to be like... well, honestly, around Spectre-ish level, depending on what his origin story is that week.

Ganthet is a Guardian who has like GL+++ stuff and can "crack a planet in half with a thought," but barely ever does anything.

The Wizard Shazam is meant to be very powerful but is, I believe, strongest in his place of power in the Rock of Eternity and rarely does anything outside it.

Highfather, who should have been buffed by the general buff there's been to the New Gods conceptually in modern DC, - once again - he seldom does anything.

And Hera, who I don't think I can name a single feat for. That might be due to unfamiliarity on my part but she's not exactly feat heavy.

While he's variable in terms of power, Spectre is probably the most solid character in terms of feats in the group. If we're discounting that then there's honestly not a lot to work with. Almost like making a thread for a version of Darkseid with one(1) feat to his name is a bit premature.
    Well he has every single last feat of his past selves as well, surely that adds something to this?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Well he has every single last feat of his past selves as well, surely that adds something to this?
    The point, I think, is that the feats of his past selves don't really add a lot by comparison. Which is saying something, given PC Darkseid's rather ridiculous power.

Either this casually takedown of the Quintessence has meaning, in which case it's grossly above anything he has done in the past, or it doesn't, in which case...why bother with new Darkseid?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The point, I think, is that the feats of his past selves don't really add a lot by comparison. Which is saying something, given PC Darkseid's rather ridiculous power.

Either this casually takedown of the Quintessence has meaning, in which case it's grossly above anything he has done in the past, or it doesn't, in which case...why bother with new Darkseid?
    Exactly this, Pre-Crisis Darkseid is still the stand out in terms of power to the point that all other versions of Darkseid don't really matter.

I guess if you want to be very specific about it - Highfather (whom got ganked) is traditionally presented to be equal and opposite to Darkseid. The fact he ganked him suggests that he has gotten ambiguously stronger than previously portrayed Darkseids but... that's nothing concrete nor is it feats.

That said, if we're just giving new Darkseid access to Pre-Crisis Darkseid feats then he just mind controls Thor and calls it a day.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I guess you could go with the idea that simply being shown effortlessly murdering five sky-father-ish level beings (or greater - I mean, Spectre IS shown standing there rubbing shoulders with Shazam, so at that point we kind of need to accept that it's Spectre at a time where he's at least considered a peer of Shazam, a guy he has taken down) is a feat in and of itself.

Do we have feats for these five beings? Not really, not so much at this moment, but some of them are supposed to be/presented as skyfather level or better. And this Darkseid basically obliterates them all while monologuing. Granted, he did so from ambush (essentially), but I believe the absolutely casual nature of the win - again, while blathering on about he's the true darkness, yaddayadda - rather makes up for that in a big way.

As for the Phantom Stranger, he's supposed to be unkillable. Like, at a time where the Spectre was beating down Shazam in his place of power, he couldn't kill the Stranger. And yet here we are, Darkseid killing him (as I recall).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To make this even more difficult, this Thor killed a supercharged Galactus quite easily. That feat is as much outside even Odin's high end stuff (he tops out below "regular" Galactus level, generally) as DS casually ganking the Spectre. So... This rumble depends on how much weight those feats carry.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

One of the post Flash point Darkseids could also power drain gods, which could come into play. I think he drained Zeus? So Thor would need to take him out quick.

Astonishing Member

Spectre is too much all over the place. Holding universes apart vs. being psychically influenced by the Psycho Pirate. PC Darkseid was able to control 3 billion Daxamites. On the other hand, Jim the Spectre told DS to watch him or he would come and kick his butt. Same Spec that treated Zeus like trash and ignored his thunderbolt. Hal-Spectre thought the Omega beams were just an ouch and then burned DS to a skeleton. Of course, DS rehydrated as being essential to the universe (oh, how many times has some cosmic villain used that line).

So in this one, who knows. PC DS could catch Kryptonian supergirl, so he was no speed slouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Spectre is too much all over the place. Holding universes apart vs. being psychically influenced by the Psycho Pirate. PC Darkseid was able to control 3 billion Daxamites. On the other hand, Jim the Spectre told DS to watch him or he would come and kick his butt. Same Spec that treated Zeus like trash and ignored his thunderbolt. Hal-Spectre thought the Omega beams were just an ouch and then burned DS to a skeleton. Of course, DS rehydrated as being essential to the universe (oh, how many times has some cosmic villain used that line).

So in this one, who knows. PC DS could catch Kryptonian supergirl, so he was no speed slouch.
    PC Darkseid doesn't have super speed. He just teleported behind her and took her by surprise.

Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis Darkseid also had power/energy drainng.

GDS had to drain Sorcererworld, Mordru, and the Controller-Trapper to get his powers back. Post Crisis Darkseid went around murdering alien gods and stealing their powers.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle