Default Where would you place the X-Factor cast?

Seeing Polaris in X-Men and reading Prodigy's datapage in Hellions got me thinking about where this cast can fit after the Trial of Magneto, especially if the book isn't just relaunched.

1. Polaris: I think she should stay on Duggan's X-Men team even if they do shake up the roster after a year.
    2. Prodigy: I could definitely see him playing an oversight role in Hellions after some of Sinister's shenanigans have been exposed.
    3. Rachel: She could go to Excalibur based on her recurring interactions with Betsy or Marauders to be with Kate.
    4. Eyeboy: I don't care for the character too much, but I could see him being a positive influence on the disgruntled non-human mutants in New Mutants.
    5. Northstar and Kyle: I could honestly see them both going to X-Corp (though that book probably isn't going to last long either) since Northstar has the attitude and Kyle has the PR experience. Also could see Northstar added as a mentor in New Mutants.
    6. Daken and Aurora: Kind of drawing a blank with these two. They're both violent enough to end up on Hellions, but that book is already pretty crowded and we don't need more of the same added to the roster.

Where would you place them?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Seeing Polaris in X-Men and reading Prodigy's datapage in Hellions got me thinking about where this cast can fit after the Trial of Magneto, especially if the book isn't just relaunched.

1. Polaris: I think she should stay on Duggan's X-Men team even if they do shake up the roster after a year.
    2. Prodigy: I could definitely see him playing an oversight role in Hellions after some of Sinister's shenanigans have been exposed.
    3. Rachel: She could go to Excalibur based on her recurring interactions with Betsy or Marauders to be with Kate.
    4. Eyeboy: I don't care for the character too much, but I could see him being a positive influence on the disgruntled non-human mutants in New Mutants.
    5. Northstar and Kyle: I could honestly see them both going to X-Corp (though that book probably isn't going to last long either) since Northstar has the attitude and Kyle has the PR experience. Also could see Northstar added as a mentor in New Mutants.
    6. Daken and Aurora: Kind of drawing a blank with these two. They're both violent enough to end up on Hellions, but that book is already pretty crowded and we don't need more of the same added to the roster.

Where would you place them?
    I don't know that in the current books there is much of a home for many of this cast sadly. It was a niche cast for this book and while they definitely have places where they can be useful, I don't see any of the current books being a landing place for most of them. I think Rachel has the cushion in Excalibur given her history with that team, but I don't think she would be a good fit in Marauders with Emma (and I don't want her near Kate). I could see Prodigy moving into X-Force or Hellions. Same with Eye-Boy. But really that's it.

Incredible Member

You know what, at the start of the series I would not have cared where any of these characters went. I thought a real chance had been missed, there are real trained detectives on the island, Interpol agents, detectives from the future etc and this was the chosen cast. However, I've read every issue, and I've really enjoyed the entire series. Yes, there've been issues, but there are with every series, nobody's perfect, but a great deal has been made of characters I would never have thought of as having too much potential, how wrong I was.

I'd really like to see Eye Boy and Prodigy having more time together, their friendship is really coming along nicely. It's good to see characters genuinely care about each other but not necessarily in a sexual way. The relationships between Northstar, Aurora and Daken also would bear further exploration and looked to be a real nice slow burn character driven story waiting to happen.

I think those five characters should form the basis of some kind of ongoing new series after the trial of Magneto is finished, just so she can start to tie up some of the relationship loose ends. I know there are those who haven't enjoyed her writing, and I can understand where some of the criticism has come from, but for me the good has far outweighed the bad in this series and I really hope there's a continuation in some sense.

I'm happy with Polaris in X-Men, major chance for a much maligned and under used top character to shine. Rachel can go almost anywhere, she has amazing ties all over, but replacing Jean on X-Force could be fun, having her as a mentor to Quentin.

Then we'd be needing a couple of big stars to flesh out Leah's new ongoing title (I hope). Someone to create a bit of leadership friction with Northstar and someone with awesome power somewhat akin to Polaris. I'd trust her to come up with the full cast because she proved me completely wrong with X-Factor.

Daken and Aurora: Hellions. While I agree it's more of the same, the drama potential is too great. Auroras connection to Wild Child, the recent fight in the Gala, it's a powder keg that seems right up Wells alley. Also I think Leah sanitized Daken way too much, probably her weakest area in X-Factor, it's hard to believe a character to go from suffocating an innocent person with a plastic bag to giving out gen z video game references in X-Factor. He needs some edge back.

Prodigy: SWORD. His big brain would be useful with intergalactic strategy and diplomacy. also the chance for him to interact with billy and teddy...

Rachel: Excalibur. It's clear Tini wants to write her and she's an OG character from that run, so she fits. Also Rachel and Betsy have been really flirty too which I'm curious will ever actually be followed up on.

Eyeboy: New Mutants. Poor Gabby needs some positive influences in her life and Trevor is a big ball of sunshine. Also the New Mutants need to be less clique-y.

Northstar and Kyle
    : X-Corp for the reasons stated does make the most sense. Though I wouldn't say they'd be out of place on the new X-Men team if Polaris wasn't already there... Maybe next election? Could also see Jean-Paul elping Kurt in Way of X to provide a different POV as someone who does seem to enjoy Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    You know what, at the start of the series I would not have cared where any of these characters went. I thought a real chance had been missed, there are real trained detectives on the island, Interpol agents, detectives from the future etc and this was the chosen cast. However, I've read every issue, and I've really enjoyed the entire series. Yes, there've been issues, but there are with every series, nobody's perfect, but a great deal has been made of characters I would never have thought of as having too much potential, how wrong I was.

I'd really like to see Eye Boy and Prodigy having more time together, their friendship is really coming along nicely. It's good to see characters genuinely care about each other but not necessarily in a sexual way. The relationships between Northstar, Aurora and Daken also would bear further exploration and looked to be a real nice slow burn character driven story waiting to happen.

I think those five characters should form the basis of some kind of ongoing new series after the trial of Magneto is finished, just so she can start to tie up some of the relationship loose ends. I know there are those who haven't enjoyed her writing, and I can understand where some of the criticism has come from, but for me the good has far outweighed the bad in this series and I really hope there's a continuation in some sense.

I'm happy with Polaris in X-Men, major chance for a much maligned and under used top character to shine. Rachel can go almost anywhere, she has amazing ties all over, but replacing Jean on X-Force could be fun, having her as a mentor to Quentin.

Then we'd be needing a couple of big stars to flesh out Leah's new ongoing title (I hope). Someone to create a bit of leadership friction with Northstar and someone with awesome power somewhat akin to Polaris. I'd trust her to come up with the full cast because she proved me completely wrong with X-Factor.
    I've also been thinking about how Marvel could successfully relaunch this book using the same writer and some of the same core characters. The only solution that I came up with is that after the Trial of Magneto the team gets enough praise for solving this huge mystery that they're given the type of funding and infrastructure that SWORD has so that they can expand their operation to include some bigger names.

limbo....10char

Add Bishop and have them pop up as frequently as the Quiet Council or The Five do in the other books, fulfilling their investigative purpose.

David - X-Corp
    Daken/Aurora - Hellions
    Rachel - Excalibur

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I like X-Factor as an organization and love how they cameo in various books - they have a very specific function no other team on Krakoa covers so I'd be a shame if that went away. On the other hand though, I love most of the characters in the cast and having them just cameo here and there probably wouldn't quench my thirst. I mostly enjoyed Williams' writing however if they were to relaunch it it would probably need a new writer.

Daken/Aurora: Hellions or X-Force
    Polaris: X-Men
    The rest can go back to being background characters

Polaris-X-Men, already there
    Daken-X-Force
    Prodigy-X-Force or SWORD
    Eye Boy-Excalibur maybe, his new power upgrades would be useful in Otherworld
    Northstar/Aurora-Gamma Flight
    Rachel-X-Men with Ma and Pa
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Daken and Aurora: Hellions. While I agree it's more of the same, the drama potential is too great. Auroras connection to Wild Child, the recent fight in the Gala, it's a powder keg that seems right up Wells alley. Also I think Leah sanitized Daken way too much, probably her weakest area in X-Factor, it's hard to believe a character to go from suffocating an innocent person with a plastic bag to giving out gen z video game references in X-Factor. He needs some edge back.

Prodigy: SWORD. His big brain would be useful with intergalactic strategy and diplomacy. also the chance for him to interact with billy and teddy...

Rachel: Excalibur. It's clear Tini wants to write her and she's an OG character from that run, so she fits. Also Rachel and Betsy have been really flirty too which I'm curious will ever actually be followed up on.

Eyeboy: New Mutants. Poor Gabby needs some positive influences in her life and Trevor is a big ball of sunshine. Also the New Mutants need to be less clique-y.

Northstar and Kyle
    : X-Corp for the reasons stated does make the most sense. Though I wouldn't say they'd be out of place on the new X-Men team if Polaris wasn't already there... Maybe next election? Could also see Jean-Paul elping Kurt in Way of X to provide a different POV as someone who does seem to enjoy Krakoa.
    IŽd like to see Prodigy in Sword, specially if he somehow manages to take Tommy with him.

Northstar and Kyle
    This. 100% aligned.

Northstar and Kyle
    This the 1 they all fit! Though I'll miss the team personally. Putting David on SWORD would be a great idea especially with the inevitable tension with the skree, now that Wanda's dead.

Northstar and Kyle
    Co-signed. Though with Daken, I do wonder if that wasn't set-up for a swerve down the line, maybe something we saw a glimpse of in the finale issue. Daken got to explore facets of himself we never saw because he never had the safety or support for it before, and he gives Aurora that same safety... though in his case, he's feeding the wild, occasionally violent side that everyone else in her life scolded or put her down for. Little bit of a dark twist on the old "these two broken people find romance together" trope. Definitely would have liked to have seen more of it.