Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Marvel Characters you will get pissed if anything bad happens

If somethings bad happen to these characters below (getting killed, murder, character assassination), I will be so pissed and angry at Marvel.

-Hawkeye
    -Wasp
    -Colossus
    -Nova
    -Moon Knight
    -Storm

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Amora the enchantress

For years and years and years I complained a lot about the treatment writers did and does to her.

I wish a change that never comes.

I have a few, but number 1 is of course Tony Stark/Iron Man. They already screwed up his history. Now their even going further with it with Mephisto maybe owning Tony’s soul?!?!?! Just garbage in my eyes.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Nova Richard Rider. For every writer that builds him back to his Annihilation level status, there’s another that knocks him back down.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    If somethings bad happen to these characters below (getting killed, murder, character assassination), I will be so pissed and angry at Marvel.

-Hawkeye
    -Wasp
    -Colossus
    -Nova
    -Moon Knight
    -Storm
    Curiously, from that list, only Storm has not been explicity killed and stayed dead for a while. And right now, I don't think than being killed would matter a lot.
    I would be more upset if some out of character change or action would be commited by one of these characters, the kind of action than you says "I hope he/she was being mentally controlled by some really evil villian".

Honestly, I would be upset if J.J. Jameson would be killed. Civilians had less chance to be resurrected than supers folks.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 07-08-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

-Hawkeye
    -Wasp
    -Colossus
    -Nova
    -Moon Knight
    -Storm
    All of them are guaranteed to come back if they get killed. Well, maybe not 100% for Nova, but it already happened, so...
    As for character assassination, Bendis and Fraction already did it to Clint.

For me it's Mettle... oh wait. Er, Rocksl... crap. Darkhawk? Ouch.
    There are a lot of C-listers I really don't want to die or to be destroyed as characters, but unfortunately it happens often and sometimes, it is forever or for a very long time.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Honestly, they could wipe out the entire Marvel Universe and start over completely from scratch with new characters and entities ... and I'd be totally fine with it.

And, yes, Marvel, that's a dare. A Double Dog Dare.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kitty Pryde and the volume 1 New Mutants (except Magma).
    "Cable was right!"

I think I just feel numb over all the stuff Marvel has allowed to happen to the Scarlet Witch. And have just resigned to expect long absences and nonsense always.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Devil Dinosaur.

Mighty Member

None, because most marvel characters have been put in the ringer. Almost everyone has died before, and almost every character has been in a situation that would likely result in a lifetime of therapy IRL. At marvel if the character isn't being put through the ringer it's probably because he or she isn't being used, and I'd rather characters I like be used than be safe.

I love moon knight, but I think he already faced character assassination

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

The New Warriors

It's bad enough that they had been tarnished since the reality show and Stamford incident. Years later, they had the most promising relaunch in 2014 but turned out that it was short-lived because the comic was cancelled at 12 issues before Chris Yost could write the potential Mictlan plot for Aracely. The 2014 New Warriors was also interrupted by 'Spider-Verse' event when one of the Inheritors beat up the New Warriors badly while Kaine was snatched away from the team. The New Warriors had been on hiatus for a long time.
    At one time, the New Warriors TV show was announced but unfortunately, it was a cross between the New Warriors and Great Lakes Avengers. Then, the TV show never aired because of both the backlash and the studios were not interested in broadcasting it.
    Lastly, the New Warriors nearly had a relaunch but unfortunately, it had so much backlash because of the new characters with poorly thought-out concepts and Kibblesmith's terrible attempt to be hip. The worse part about this is the character assassination of the elder New Warriors in Outlawed storyline where they are depicted as government stooges working for the fascist CRADLE in Champions comic. Since Kibblesmith's New Warriors comic remains unreleased, we don't get to see why the elder New Warriors are acting antagonistic. Thus, the New Warriors are doomed to be stuck in Comic Book Limbo from being ridiculed thanks to the backlash.
    I find that Outlawed is worse than Civil War when it comes to New Warriors . The recent Outlawed event could be a final nail to the coffin unless a writer who respects the New Warriors could rescue them from limbo and give them a proper comic.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 07-08-2021 at 04:56 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wonder Man and Psylocke.

Even though both have had their fair share of abuse, Marvel always seems eager to put them through more.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think I would get upset if anything happened to Franklin or Valeria. It was bad enough what Mark Waid did in Unthinkable which I thought was bad also for the character of Doom. I don't like to see children harmed for shock value in a story.

I don't think anything bad will happen with Doom because writers always seem to reverse things with him. He recently came back from the dead the very next issue after being shot in the head by the Taskmaster in the Doom solo series.

I am also thinking I would be angry if something bad happened to Sue also. For one thing, I don't like the way Slott has been writing her (or Doom for that matter) and I wouldn't put it past him to have something happen to her just as a plot device.