Default Rooster Teeth is shutting down

Rooster Teeth is biting the dust after more than two decades.

Parent company Warner Bros. Discovery, after unsuccessful attempts to sell the unprofitable fandom, gaming and comedy entertainment division, is shutting down Rooster Teeth’s operations. RT general manager Jordan Levin announced the shutdown of Austin-based Rooster Teeth at an all-hands meeting Wednesday and in a memo distributed to staff.

The closure of Rooster Teeth will result in layoffs of its approximately 150 full-time employees and will throw dozens of contractors and content creators out of work as well.
    https://variety.com/2024/digital/new...ry-1235931953/

Rooster Teeth has had issues for the past 10 years this was pretty much called a few years ago.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Ultimate Member

This sucks.

I hope RWBY pulls through somehow.

Feels like the end of an era. I'd been following them since the Machinima days.

Even more full-circle that the last thing they're going to produce is the final season of Red vs Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like the end of an era. I'd been following them since the Machinima days.

Even more full-circle that the last thing they're going to produce is the final season of Red vs Blue.
    I fully demand that they end with the same thing they began with 20 years ago; "Ever wonder why we're here?"

And while I know they have had issues, too major problems (Ryan Haywood being one of the forefront ones), this still hurts. RT and its branches, got me through some very dark times. Former workers of AH, Jeremy, Matt, and Ray have all commented that his hit them hard too (they all also stream regularly, and collab often).

Outside of the RT Podcast, everything else seems to be up in the air.

Does that mean JL/RWBY pt. 2 will be their last output? As a fan of RWBY I'll feel bad for the show's cancellation/prolonged hiatus.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Does that mean JL/RWBY pt. 2 will be their last output? As a fan of RWBY I'll feel bad for the show's cancellation/prolonged hiatus.
    They're still making the final season of Red vs Blue.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

For a company like RT the run they had is amazing. Most companies like that fold within 5 years 10 tops.