Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    And yet just a few posts earlier you referred to Wasp being in the Ant Man movies as being shuffled off to a sub franchise.
    That's not a contradiction at all. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

But in truth, the Ant-Man franchise hasn't really done much with her. In the first movie, she didn't even suit up, and in both she's still more of a side character. I'm not sure why you're acting like I'm saying something wrong here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's not a contradiction at all. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

But in truth, the Ant-Man franchise hasn't really done much with her. In the first movie, she didn't even suit up, and in both she's still more of a side character. I'm not sure why you're acting like I'm saying something wrong here.
    She's a major character in both movies, both Hope and Janet, without either of them the plots of both movies don't work.
    And what exactly does she add to the Avengers that somehow makes it important that she be in those movies than Ant Man?
    You keep acting like she's more important than she actually is.

She's a major character in both movies, both Hope and Janet, without either of them the plots of both movies don't work.
    And what exactly does she add to the Avengers that somehow makes it important that she be in those movies than Ant Man?
    It's odd to think that, as important as she was to the Avengers, Janet never headlined a title. (not even a mini, I don't think...) So, it's not exactly shocking if the Wasp doesn't get to headline her own movie.

Ultimate Member

I'm not acting like she's more important. But she isn't precisely because Marvel didn't make her so. All characters are only as relevant as Marvel makes them. I'm just saying it would be good if she had more to do. What exactly is wrong with that? Janet got ignored by the MCU up until AM&W despite being a fairly regular Avenger. You can see why some fans might not like her being treated like that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's odd to think that, as important as she was to the Avengers, Janet never headlined a title. (not even a mini, I don't think...) So, it's not exactly shocking if the Wasp doesn't get to headline her own movie.
    True, but Marvel hasn't always used its female characters well. Heroes not getting a solo doesn't mean they couldn't do one. But she doesn't have to headline her own movie. And it's not like Scott Lang is the most prominent solo hero either.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Given that we now know that solo live action projects on Disney Plus are possible (Guardians Christmas Special and Werewolf By Night Halloween Special) we could see a stand alone project with either Wasp in the future. It'll more likely that Cassie's Stature will be the core size changer character post Quantumania though.

Ultimate Member

I suspect she'd be a Young Avengers project, but that actually has yet to be announced so I won't take that as certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given that we now know that solo live action projects on Disney Plus are possible (Guardians Christmas Special and Werewolf By Night Halloween Special) we could see a stand alone project with either Wasp in the future. It'll more likely that Cassie's Stature will be the core size changer character post Quantumania though.
    I think Hope is seen as a matching set with Scott at this point. I think she's probably more likelier to be in a female hero movie than getting a solo, although I've been surprised before.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Hope is seen as a matching set with Scott at this point. I think she's probably more likelier to be in a female hero movie than getting a solo, although I've been surprised before.
    You mean like an A-Force movie?

Tbh, I think it's a bit unfair to treat a female hero like part of a matching set but not the male hero.

You mean like an A-Force movie?

Tbh, I think it's a bit unfair to treat a female hero like part of a matching set but not the male hero.
    Yes.

Well, Ant-Man and Wasp are supposed to be partners, it's why their name was in the title together. I'm not expecting Scott to appear without Hope any time soon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes.

Well, Ant-Man and Wasp are supposed to be partners, it's why their name was in the title together. I'm not expecting Scott to appear without Hope any time soon.
    Except he already did appear without her several times. That's the point I'm trying to make here.

I'd be fine with her in an all female-movie, tbh. It looks like 'Marvels' will be that kind of movie

Incredible Member

Finally watched episode 3. Only decent one so far imo, but Thor gets killed with a single arrow?! I find myself wishing we had the comic book versions of these characters instead of the MCU ones, but I guess that was never going to happen.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Finally watched episode 3. Only decent one so far imo, but Thor gets killed with a single arrow?! I find myself wishing we had the comic book versions of these characters instead of the MCU ones, but I guess that was never going to happen.
    My assumption is that Thor doesn’t have his natural powers of protection at that point due to Odin stripping them from him, so he’s vulnerable to arrows.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    My assumption is that Thor doesn’t have his natural powers of protection at that point due to Odin stripping them from him, so he’s vulnerable to arrows.
    That's how it worked until Ragnarok, right?

That's how it worked until Ragnarok, right?
    He got his powers back at the end of the first Thor movie when he proved himself worthy. But at the point where he gets shot by Clint's arrow in the What if episode he was still depowered and thus mortal, so it makes sense that an arrow killed him.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    He got his powers back at the end of the first Thor movie when he proved himself worthy. But at the point where he gets shot by Clint's arrow in the What if episode he was still depowered and thus mortal, so it makes sense that an arrow killed him.
    Yes, that's my take, too. Odin basically got Thor killed while trying to teach him a lesson.