Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Yeah between this and the Pantherlord episode, it's starting to look pretty clear that even if the endings of these start out looking hopeful, they'll just throw in a twist in the last 5 seconds to make it clear they all die. Which gets repetitive.
    "Pantherlord" is cool, but I prefer "Star-Panther."

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Wonder how Tony got Zombified. His suit has sealed environmental systems.
    Maybe ZombiePym sabotaged his suit.
    Yeah, I wondered that too at first, but it could have been anything - Ant-Man or Wasp was also my first thought, or zombie-Cap used his shield to break through his armor, or Dr Strange used magic, etc...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Yeah it has had similar reaction in my circle of friends (not the squeamish part) but from more familiar and entertaining to dark and bleak.
    Ok. Tbh, I don't mind the What If? being bleak. I expected that to happen a lot with these alternative timelines

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. Tbh, I don't mind the What If? being bleak. I expected that to happen a lot with these alternative timelines
    Okay if it is occasional, bothersome if it is unrelenting.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well, next episode is Party Thor (I think) so that might be a pallet cleanser, even if I don't think they'll treat that Thor as a better take than the main Thor because it seems like if he never learned humility.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Okay if it is occasional, bothersome if it is unrelenting.
    I guess I don't mind as much so far considering the MCU generally has happy endings. We'll see how long this lasts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Kind of like how almost every early What If? comic ended.
    Exactly why I never read most of the What If comics.

What if Stane acted on the best interests of the world instead of his own?

What if the Red Skull didn't turn evil from the SSS?

What if Thanos was intelligent enough to use the infinity stones for something useful rather than a temporary bandaid to something mostly in his own imagination?

Instead we get what if Superhero X was dumb?

Well, with the original comic "What If" series it was all about promotion of the Marvel way. Every one of the What If stories came down to showing you that the Marvel way as originally conceived was the best. Even I as a kid noticed how self-promotional the material was being.

Pretty sure the series was a Stan Lee idea, because its so like him to promote, promote, promote. And yes it did get tiresome. But in small and infrequent doses it was ok. And you wanted to believe that the stories you were reading were the best, so ....

I do feel that this What If series is being the same way, in some respects. But at least they don't have the Watcher coming in at the end and giving us a "Marvel is the Best" speech that sounds like it came right from Stan Lee's mouth.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Wait, are you suggesting that "What if the Phoenix had not died?" was biased? What, just because it showed that she would've brutally murdered all her friends then eaten the entire universe? Seems legit to me.

Incredible Member

looks like some of the what-if characters come together towards the end to form a new team probably gathered by the watcher, captain carter , star panther ,dark dr strange etc. i imagine bucky from zombie what-if will be involved as well. can't wait ...
    Last edited by marshal88; 09-10-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    looks like some of the what-if characters come together towards the end to form a new team probably gathered by the watcher, captain carter , star panther ,dark dr strange etc. i imagine bucky from zombie what-if will be involved as well. can't wait ...
    I thought they would grab Spidey with the Cloak of Levitation.

Incredible Member

spidy ,panther and scott's head were all going to the deathtrap awaiting them in wakanda with zombie thanos waiting for them. bucky was the only one alive being hurled away by zombie wanda and it won't kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting that "What if the Phoenix had not died?" was biased? What, just because it showed that she would've brutally murdered all her friends then eaten the entire universe? Seems legit to me.
    Seems legit, but also mysteriously made it seem to me that the mainstream Marvel Universe is the best possible way the story could have gone for the characters I liked. Probably just a coincidence.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So this appears to confirm:

- Captain Marvel is back for one episode.
    - T-Challa is appearing in the Killmonger episode as Black Panther and again as Star Lord in the final episode.
    - Stark Industries is invading Wakanda in the Killmonger episode. Stark or Obadiah Stane team up with Klaw?
    - Black Widow and Hawkeye appear to be the last survivors of the Ultron-Vision reality.
    - Iron Man's sacrifice in Avengers Endgame is getting a mention.
    - The Multiverse Avengers/Guardians includes Captain Carter, Ultron Black Widow, Empress Gamora, T'Challa Star Lord, Party Thor and Supreme Strange.
    - The Zombies are coming back!
    - Captain Carter is super arrogant. XD
    - Grandmaster and Korg are back and it's a party. Looks like this confirms the Tony Stark on Sakaar episode? Korg is also surrounded by numerous races including Asgardians, Skrulls and the yellow aliens from GOTG2.
    - Pepper Potts is teaming up with a younger Shuri in the Killmonger episode! Pepper has a great big gun. XD
    - Ego is seen absorbing Peter Quill! :O Looks like we're getting a follow up to Episode 2 after all.

Getting the impression the final episode will be deluxe sized and will tip a hand to every episode previous, whether that's with a character from that universe or appearances of elements from it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Killmonger is right the episode. Needlessly to say I loved this episode. Black Panther went down far too easy but I enjoyed seeing Killmonger succeed. It confirmed he was an anime fan.

Well, that was largely unpleasant all round, even by the bleak bias this series seems to have settled into as seemingly its only go-to story; "What if... some people died".

spoilers:
    Course, this one wanted to have it's awful cake and eat it, so after an entire episode that basically says "Hey, T'Challa's dead, but the guy who killed him has fooled everyone and achieved everything he wanted," we get a little tacked on scene to say "or does he....?"
    end of spoilers

Mostly boring, but with some added misery, this week's episode was another clunker from a show that started so well in its first two episodes, but which has been plummeting downhill since.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"