Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Makes me surprised all the Asgardians were cool with that, certainly Sif and the Warriors Three anyway, and maybe even his mother. I also wonders what's happened to Odin. Presumably he's still sleeping, because if Loki kills him he'll unknowingly unleash Hela, and then the Asgardians are screwed on both sides.
    Loki at the time of Thor 1 isn't far gone enough to consider killing Odin. He wants Odin's approval. He can't get that if Odin is dead.

Even if he tried to kill him I don't see him getting past Hiemdall or Frigga to do it.

When Odin wakes he is going to find his son dead, the Jotuns dead and Earth taken over.

Loki will have some explaining to do.

Under these circumstances, it could be that Odin tells Loki about Hela and her inevitable return. Just because Loki would seem to be going down her path and he would want to warn Loki about that. It kind of sucked that, in the MCU, he waited until one minute before her arrival to tell anyone.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-w...e-heavy-human/

If I was to take a guess the change in this universe will be that Nurse Christine is in the car with Stephen when the car crashes and Strange doesn’t lose his hands but is distraught over Christine’s death, leading him to seek the Ancient One for quite different and darker reasons.
    Yep, confirmed!

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...880171008?s=20

Curious if this is hinting that the TVA gets involved in the episode or not, maybe Strange's attempts to revive Christine pits him against them?
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 08-31-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Apparently Christine is now the "love of his life." Sorry Clea .

(Although I guess maybe that's just true for this Strange variant since he never meets her).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

(Although I guess maybe that's just true for this Strange variant since he never meets her).
    It is weird since I recall in the original movie they'd dated but had separated (though were still decent friends with evident sexual tension). Maybe in this universe they never split up in the first place (which would explain why Christine was with him for his reward ceremony). Rachel MacAdams is I gather returning in Doctor Strange 2 as Christine though so they'll likely have some more time together in that movie. Suprised that Clea hasn't turned up yet - if Emilia and Daisy weren't busy as Abagail Brand and Jessica Drew respectively I'd consider them as actresses for Clea. There's Nat Dormer of course but I also thought she'd be a good Meggan for a Captain Britain/Exaclibur project...

Yep, confirmed!

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...880171008?s=20

Curious if this is hinting that the TVA gets involved in the episode or not, maybe Strange's attempts to revive Christine pits him against them?
    I could be wrong, but the TVA is now quite different. No sacred timeline anymore, no TVA interference like there was before. We don't know what their role is now, after the last episode of Loki. Otherwise, the TVA would have shown up the moment Thor was killed in the last episode.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

He really loved her that much? I guess this is "What if they had chemistry as a couple?" But that could work for most MCU couples

Ultimate Member

It is weird since I recall in the original movie they'd dated but had separated (though were still decent friends with evident sexual tension). Maybe in this universe they never split up in the first place (which would explain why Christine was with him for his reward ceremony). Rachel MacAdams is I gather returning in Doctor Strange 2 as Christine though so they'll likely have some more time together in that movie. Suprised that Clea hasn't turned up yet - if Emilia and Daisy weren't busy as Abagail Brand and Jessica Drew respectively I'd consider them as actresses for Clea. There's Nat Dormer of course but I also thought she'd be a good Meggan for a Captain Britain/Exaclibur project...
    Was that confirmed?

She’s either playing her or Talos’ daughter, or a combo of the two. Olivia Coleman will certainly be Queen Veranke. Daisy Ridley playing Spider Woman at the moment is more speculation than anything concrete at the moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I could be wrong, but the TVA is now quite different. No sacred timeline anymore, no TVA interference like there was before. We don't know what their role is now, after the last episode of Loki. Otherwise, the TVA would have shown up the moment Thor was killed in the last episode.
    Whilst this is likely true it’s possible this particular universe varied before the Threshold so we could be dealing with their original mandate, or we could just see them observing as per Kang’s new directives.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He really loved her that much? I guess this is "What if they had chemistry as a couple?" But that could work for most MCU couples
    They weren't even a couple in the movie, they were just friends.

Mighty Member

Loved the murder mystery episode.

Ultimate Member

She’s either playing her or Talos’ daughter, or a combo of the two. Olivia Coleman will certainly be Queen Veranke. Daisy Ridley playing Spider Woman at the moment is more speculation than anything concrete at the moment though.
    Ok. I hadn't heard any confirmations about either movie so far. These seem like reasonable guesses, though

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    They weren't even a couple in the movie, they were just friends.
    They had so so chemistry as friends, but I mentioned in another thread I didn't think they were believable as an ex-couple. The MCU struggles with romance in general

Extraordinary Member

I half expected Clea to be one of the Ancient One's students in the first movie.

Since that didn't happen, she might show up when and if Umar shows up since thier backstories are linked.

So, Episode 4...

spoilers:
    This episode has a lot of conceits in it and continues the issue with no concrete rules about how time travel works, but presumably this must have turned up after the TVA changed the rules (makes me wonder if this is the universe Mobius and B-15 were arguing about) otherwise they'd be all over it, unless magic time travel doesn't count or Christine's death is a nexus point or whatever it's called where changes aren't detected... regardless I am surprised this Strange didn't tap more into the multiverse and find something like the MCU's reality. Despite this I found Strange's fall to power engaging and the visuals were fantastic. We get the tentacles again - I think they're definitely setting up Suma-Gorath as a future big bad in Season Two of What If - and finally the Watcher reveals himself and his conversation with Stephen was an awesome and touching one. I don't especially understand the limits of the Ancient One's power post death, but I guess it led to a Good vs Evil Strange fight which was fun (if likely only to trick us into assuming Good Strange was MCU Strange). Those who wanted a real downer universe get it this week, that's for certain. And I think this confirms that Supreme Strange isn't the Strange we see in S:NWH - I can't see this Strange shifting yet from remorse to arrogance again, unless something inspires him to in the final episode when he returns. Overall a fun if depressing episode that continues the confusing conflicting rules of MCU time travel vs multiverse stuff.
    end of spoilers