Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    What I love about this series is that it has almost limitless possibilities of telling different stories...

spoilers:
    Episode 3 - Heroic male character turns evil, due to death of female character
    Episode 4 - Heroic male character turns evil, due to death of female character
    end of spoilers

Attachment 113289
    Sure I guess it sounds the same if you devalue it all down to one plot element.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Paging Wanda Maximoff... (she's endured the death of 4 male characters (not even counting her parents) so maybe she'll be extra evil)

I thought this ep was just okay. More than the others, it seems like a setup for something else more than wanting to be its own thing. I was mostly bored by the fact that a big part of the episode was two montages - him "Groundhog Daying" it with Christine, then his "eating" montage. Two scenes with the Ancient One was redundant and the ending was inevitable. I never thought of Christine as being that important to him, so that also undermined the impact of this ep for me.
    I swear people keep saying setup and the word is starting to lose like all it's meaning.
    If there's any episode that had the most complete ending and self contained story, it was 100% this one.

Well, it does seem a tad noticeable when the two episodes come right after each other...

I was starting to think there was going to be a twist ending that would have evil Dr Strange transform into Dormamu. Since Cumberbatch voiced him in the movie and here, I always wondered if he was somehow really an alternate version of Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I was starting to think there was going to be a twist ending that would have evil Dr Strange transform into Dormamu. Since Cumberbatch voiced him in the movie and here, I always wondered if he was somehow really an alternate version of Strange.
    I was expecting Supreme Strange to try absorbing Dormammu.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Is there any reason during all those times Christine died that he couldn't use magic to save her? He still has the time stone, so rewinding time didn't take that away and he should still have his knowledge of the mystic arts. Yet every time he restarts it, he lets it play out as though he's not a sorcerer... ?
    Ancient One said that Christine death is an absolute point. She has to die no matter what so Strange can continue down his current path. I like that MCU has a hard rule to prevent a Flashpoint scenario

Astonishing Member

Well that was intense. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ancient One said that Christine death is an absolute point. She has to die no matter what so Strange can continue down his current path. I like that MCU has a hard rule to prevent a Flashpoint scenario
    That doesn't answer my question. Even though she has to die, Strange was trying to save her, yet we never see him attempt any spells or magic to prevent her death, in the car accident or any other way - he only used the timestone to rewind things then only tried to alter the course of events by making different decisions. After the first dozen deaths, I'm sure he wouldn't care about revealing is powers to her.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That doesn't answer my question. Even though she has to die, Strange was trying to save her, yet we never see him attempt any spells or magic to prevent her death, in the car accident or any other way - he only used the timestone to rewind things then only tried to alter the course of events by making different decisions. After the first dozen deaths, I'm sure he wouldn't care about revealing is powers to her.
    I'll imagine that spells would have been a short term solution. In his current power level I doubt any spell he had would have been powerful enough to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'll imagine that spells would have been a short term solution. In his current power level I doubt any spell he had would have been powerful enough to do the job.
    I'm sure it would have failed, it just seems to me there was no reason why he didn't try to use magic - he only used the time stone and making different decisions, that's all.

The last episode was the best one yet. Wow. The animation in this series is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Me too. Everything seemed to be pointing that way. I get the impression that the What If writers are not allowed to establish anything new though, which is why we keep getting the generic nameless tentacle demon.

Extraordinary Member

Wong is senior to Strange as far as thier order goes. He was in charge of the Library while Strange was just an apprentice.

After wards, Dr. Strange was put in charge of the New York Sanctum (nice job protecting it, guy) making him its Master. He doesn't get the Sorcerer Supreme title until after the Ancient One dies, having been declared The Chosen One.

At best Wong technically still outranks Strange. At worst, Wong and Strange are equals. It doesn't look it sometimes.

In practice, Wong is the mentor that Dr. Strange NEVER listens to. A trait Dark Strange had as well.

Maybe if Good Strange had fought alongside Wong, he might have done better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The last episode was the best one yet. Wow. The animation in this series is insane.
    I thought it was unremittingly grim, just for the sake of being grim. The new time rule that they came up with, just to make sure they could be as grim as possible was almost laughable. *rolleyes*

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I thought it was unremittingly grim, just for the sake of being grim. The new time rule that they came up with, just to make sure they could be as grim as possible was almost laughable. *rolleyes*
    Part of me felt this way, too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Snyder Cut of "What If?"