Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    T'chaka not killing his dad would be his variance point. I doubt if T'chaka took him to Wakanda that would change anything. The only thing that will change is having the plan be a inside job
    T'chaka takes them both back. T'challa is abducted by Yondu, Killmonger grows to become the Panther.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I do find it weird that Tony didn’t relay his suspicions to Pepper before he confronted Erik. Granted this version of Tony is a tad more arrogant but still.

This episode was also missing a great opportunity to bring back Clark Gregg to play Coulson. He could have been investigating Erik’s involvement and his death would be the catalyst for Pepper’s firmer suspicions. But I guess that would have brought SHIELD into play and that would likely be too much for Erik to deal with at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I do find it weird that Tony didn’t relay his suspicions to Pepper before he confronted Erik. Granted this version of Tony is a tad more arrogant but still.

This episode was also missing a great opportunity to bring back Clark Gregg to play Coulson. He could have been investigating Erik’s involvement and his death would be the catalyst for Pepper’s firmer suspicions. But I guess that would have brought SHIELD into play and that would likely be too much for Erik to deal with at that point.
    I assume Pepper and Shuri might enlist SHIELD to take Erik down.

Killmonger is one of my favorite mcu villains, but yea he is not really meant to be liked as a person, he is extremely manipulative and will kill anyone to get what he wants (power), even people he cares for or admires. he is a slightly worse version of Magneto.

as for the ending, shuri and potts have video proof, killmonger won't last long as the ruler of wakanda. Shuri has not made the new and improved suits yet , so he will be easier to take down then in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we'd need a much earlier variance point for Killmonger to really change.

I did notice that one scene where after Killmonger talks about his dad's death Tony talks about how he wishes there weren't any weapons in the world. Which seems ironic coming from him at the time but maybe indicative that on some level Tony wishes he didn't have to deal weapons.
    Yah if T'Chaka had not killed his dad, but instead brought him back to Wakanda for a trial, then I could see a redemption moment happening for Erik later on.

Or alternatively, you could have T'Chaka agree with his brother that it is time for Wakanda to get involved in the world rather than just spectating. Then when Erik grows up, it will be in a world where he probably could not have become a Killmonger type in the first place.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-16-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I was hoping for Coulson as well, but I think he first shows up asking Tony for a debrief on his kidnapping, and since there was no kidnapping here and Killmonger posted all his evidence online, I guess there was no cause for SHIELD to contact Tony this time around.

So Party Thor is "What If Thor was raised an only child?"

So Thor needed Loki around to become his brother/archenemy to teach him humility and how to be a real hero.

spoilers:
    I'm guessing the big twist is Loki takes over as head of the Frost Giants and is even worse than normal Loki, and Thor isn't mature enough to stop him.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Party Thor is "What If Thor was raised an only child?"

So Thor needed Loki around to become his brother/archenemy to teach him humility and how to be a real hero.

spoilers:
    I'm guessing the big twist is Loki takes over as head of the Frost Giants and is even worse than normal Loki, and Thor isn't mature enough to stop him.
    end of spoilers
    That actually makes a ton of sense. Also no Hela then? Excited to see the Grandmaster back. Natalie Portman does not scream voice artist, sadly. Where's Catherine Taber when you need her?

That actually makes a ton of sense. Also no Hela then? Excited to see the Grandmaster back. Natalie Portman does not scream voice artist, sadly. Where's Catherine Taber when you need her?
    I can never say no to more Catherine Taber .

Episode 7

Positives. Actually fun without the bleak (save for a little tacked on ending, which was more cliffhanger than outright gloom and doom anyway)

Negatives. Giving the Anti-Captain Marvel manbabies a moment they'll be banging on about forevermore. And the writing didn't do Jane any favours either.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

This was a great fun episode that taught me that TaserDuck is a pairing I can ship. Grandmaster was surprisingly understated considering they got Goldblum back but hey ho. We needed a fun episode that didn't take itself too seriously after the last four. Hoping that we get another one like this next Season.

Also NEVER PUT MARIA HILL IN CHARGE JESUS CHRIST. Captain Marvel comes across much better in this episode, I think she works better when the writing gives her funnier characters to bounce off against, so with Kamala and Monica in her sequel that will hopefully make things better. The Loki redesign was also awesome.

I liked the episode but I think it might turn off fans who don't like the over the top humor stuff from Ragnarok. The ending was great
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Episode 7

Positives. Actually fun without the bleak (save for a little tacked on ending, which was more cliffhanger than outright gloom and doom anyway)

Negatives. Giving the Anti-Captain Marvel manbabies a moment they'll be banging on about forevermore. And the writing didn't do Jane any favours either.
    As a proud "Anti-Captain Marvel manbaby" (I guess since not liking a comic book movie makes you a manbaby... I would have assumed liking movies based on properties for children was what made you a manbaby, but I guess guys are manbabies either way), I didn't find Captain Marvel to be as a character to be as bland as in her own movie. You could nitpick the character, but she's not really given the kind of screen time (nor anyone really) to warrant that kind of critique.

But yeah, Jane is frankly written kind of embarrassingly. I mean, that Thor is party-Thor is part of the premise, but it felt like she sort of got the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I liked the episode but I think it might turn off fans who don't like the over the top humor stuff from Ragnarok. The ending was great
    Ragnarok was funny. I didn't find this to be funny at all, and more to the point, I don't find the humor styles all that comparable. The ending was cool though (the cliffhanger, not like Thor and Jane going on a date or whatever).

Overall this may be my least second favorite episode. Boring, though, unoffensively so. If you wanted something more light-hearted, I'm sure you'd enjoy it more than me. But to me this felt like clicking on some rando Disney short staring Disney tm characters in some light-hearted romp.... which is not a thing that I enjoy in other cases, and so likewise don't enjoy in this case either.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Party Thor episode was well...*****. A palate cleanser from all the droll, dark, depressing alt-endings of the other episodes to date.
    I mean, except for that Vision/Ultron fusion that controls the Infinity gems in the last 5 seconds appearing.

So can 616 Loki actually revert to his Ice Giant self? He can't cause he was raised Asgardian? Thoughts on this trivial item?
    So Skrulls are just chilling on Earth with Thor around? No 'Secret Invasion' plans a foot?
    Why are the Guardians there sans Quill? Are they alien friends of party Thor? There with the Grandmaster?
    Jane becomes a mush HS sophomore and Maria Hill is ready to launch nukes. Great!

Overall I liked this episode as much for the tonal shift as anything.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

This was fun.

The people who wanted a lighter episode should be happy with this one.

Even Maria Hill threatening to nuke Thor is kinda played for laughs. Hill (and Darcy) seem to think South Dakota is expendable. And Rumlow might not be Hydra in this reality but he clearly still has issues.

What does say for Odin that alt Loki seemingly grew up just fine with the Frost Giants?

I imagine Thano-tron or whatever the last scene bad guy calls itself, will be what the multiverse Avengers fight.