Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

This has just been so good. I especially loved the episode on Sakaar and the second to last episode set in medieval times. Will be watching the finale in the next day or two. Better than the first season so far.

Favorite scene so far - Hulk busting through the wall going "signal! signal! signal!"

So the last episode was disappointing though. Kahori was turned into a sidekick for Captain "Because I'm Captain Carter" Carter and it was otherwise just one big fight sequence against Strange Supreme, with everyone twinking Captain Carter so she could win. Felt a little fan fictiony, and the forge concept reminded me a lot of Snyder's Dark Knights Metal stuff - though the animation was top notch as usual and it was fun to have the demons be ultimately in control of Strange.

Overall, still great fun.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-12-2024 at 11:34 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels weird to have an overarching storyline to an anthology show. It just felt like an excuse to have more Peggy.
    I dont know. I just watched it and it feels like it followed the similar format as the first season. the first few episodes felt very much like an anthology and it had no apparent overarching story till the very end of episode 7

Extraordinary Member

Finished the second season yesterday. While there were some solid episodes this season I think that it's overall a step down from the first. Especially the finale.

spoilers:

- As much as I like Captain Carter, giving her the focus for three episodes feels like it goes against the anthology bit of the series, she was pretty superfluous for the 1602 episode.
    - I don't like that Strange Supreme went off the deep end completely off-screen after the bitter-sweet but satisfying end of his character arc in the first season.
    - For a bunch of villains that were supposed to be universe killers all those escapees sure brawled like regular super-powered people. Compare them to how Ultron was presented last season, that one felt like a proper cosmic universe level threat. A prison for universe killers is a cool concept, it just wasn't done justice I think.
    - Kahhori easily bodying Zombie Wanda, Hela and Killmonger with the infinity armor in quick succession was a bit too much character shilling for my taste.
    - Except for Peggy and Kahhori there pretty much none of the other What if's this season mattered in the finale, except as cameoes. Which was disappointing.
    end of spoilers

All this and the pretty inconsistent writing across the season made it somewhat disappointing. I did like the Peter Quill episode and Captain Carter sequel though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Finished the second season yesterday. While there were some solid episodes this season I think that it's overall a step down from the first. Especially the finale.

spoilers:

- As much as I like Captain Carter, giving her the focus for three episodes feels like it goes against the anthology bit of the series, she was pretty superfluous for the 1602 episode.
    - I don't like that Strange Supreme went off the deep end completely off-screen after the bitter-sweet but satisfying end of his character arc in the first season.
    - For a bunch of villains that were supposed to be universe killers all those escapees sure brawled like regular super-powered people. Compare them to how Ultron was presented last season, that one felt like a proper cosmic universe level threat. A prison for universe killers is a cool concept, it just wasn't done justice I think.
    - Kahhori easily bodying Zombie Wanda, Hela and Killmonger with the infinity armor in quick succession was a bit too much character shilling for my taste.
    - Except for Peggy and Kahhori there pretty much none of the other What if's this season mattered in the finale, except as cameoes. Which was disappointing.
    end of spoilers

All this and the pretty inconsistent writing across the season made it somewhat disappointing. I did like the Peter Quill episode and Captain Carter sequel though.
    spoilers:
    point 1...I think having Peggy show just how much she is in Love with Steve, while not needed, did reinforce how the Captain always fights for the greater good no matter what the cost.
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

I could t get in to this season. They overused Captain Carter

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Rumours are indicating we might be getting a Mysterio focused episode in Season Three, that’s certainly interesting especially if they can get Jake to reprise the role… could be an alternate day take on Far From Home (a fun idea would be someone like Daredevil investigating the ‘world’s greatest hero’ after the death of Spider-Man in a world where Beck was never caught) but also a story about his relationship with Stark could be interesting too…

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

New photos just confirmed that we’re getting both Sam Wilson’s Captain America and Monica Rambeau as Spectrum in a Pacific Rim like episode?! (Plus more Goliath in the Winter Soldier and Red Guardian episode.)

https://www.cbr.com/what-if-season-3...nimated-debut/

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    New photos just confirmed that we’re getting both Sam Wilson’s Captain America and Monica Rambeau as Spectrum in a Pacific Rim like episode?! (Plus more Goliath in the Winter Soldier and Red Guardian episode.)

https://www.cbr.com/what-if-season-3...nimated-debut/
    I wonder what the context of the Sam and Monica episode is. Like what's the divergent point?

Also I guess we're getting a Mech Avengers episode.

I wonder if there's any need for a divergent point in the Winter Soldier/Red Guardian episode other than I guess Bill being active as a Superhero.

Just re-watched Captain America: Civil War, and it occurred to me an interesting episode might be "What If the Avengers didn't break up before Infinity War?"

Would it have made a difference? Would they have stopped Thanos before the Snap? Or makes things worse?

It got me thinking about how Infinity War plays out, and there's a pointed scene where Tony refuses to call Cap. But from there he ends up in space with Doctor Strange and Spider-Man, while Steve winds up in Wakanda, and...would the Avengers still being united have made a difference?

Interesting question to explore...especially if it turned out things could've turned out worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Just re-watched Captain America: Civil War, and it occurred to me an interesting episode might be "What If the Avengers didn't break up before Infinity War?"

Would it have made a difference? Would they have stopped Thanos before the Snap? Or makes things worse?

It got me thinking about how Infinity War plays out, and there's a pointed scene where Tony refuses to call Cap. But from there he ends up in space with Doctor Strange and Spider-Man, while Steve winds up in Wakanda, and...would the Avengers still being united have made a difference?

Interesting question to explore...especially if it turned out things could've turned out worse.
    Maybe not directly addressing that scenario but we are due an episode with the post-AoU team fighting Surtur in season 3.

But if this latest season proved anything to me it's that I don't think they would go with a premise where they'd really have to put in so much thought as to the changes and they seemed to restrain the "bad endings" compared to season 1.

Well I'm just glad that Strange Supreme and Ultra Ultron are going to be gone now. Season 3 really needs some fresh material for ultimate bad guys.

If the Avengers don't break up after Civil War, there are only two scenarios. Cap convinces Tony and team to join his side or Tony convinces Cap and his team to join his side. What I think would most likely happen is the latter.

So the question really becomes - what if the Avengers are sanctioned by and controlled by Ross?

If they are sanctioned, then its very likely that they would end up being in an Authority type of situation.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-08-2024 at 11:43 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I always wondered "What if...Thor and Banner weren't off world during Infinity War?" and how different it would be if, as Ross put it, "two nukes" were involved.