Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

I do appreciate these last few episodes are closer in spirit to the What If...? comics I remember.

"What if Spider-Man bonded with the Venom symbiote? EVERYONE DIES!"
    "What if Rogue stayed with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and never joined the X-Men? EVERYONE DIES!"
    "What if Iron Man stubbed his toe that one time? EVERYONE DIES!"

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I am liking these. But My Wife has checked out. For her the last three have been to depressing.
    Yep, most of my siblings and friends have checked out because of how bleak the last three episodes have been.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Assuming this stuff is in canon, I hope we see some of Strange's LOVE for Christine picked up on in his sequel.
    What If...? by concept isn't cannon. Not to say they couldn't introduce and move an idea into cannon, but seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    What If...? by concept isn't cannon. Not to say they couldn't introduce and move an idea into cannon, but seems unlikely.
    Because of the Mutiverse these are canon to the larger MCU just not the timeline we know. But Feige has ssid as much it's all canon in the larger sense. They are playing loose with what they mean by canon. It just means it exists within one of the branched timelines

BANNED

The Zombie episode was okay-average. Honestly the first episode is still the best. However, I was happy at least we got some scenes where there were signs of actual blood even if it was pretty fast like the scene Bucky kills Steve by splitting him in half on during the train fight.

The episode was just all over the place due to the unstable tone and this is where it felt butchered, because the characters now Bruce Banner kept on making jokes. the episode ironically reminded me of Walking Dead but the joke-fest really brought it down below a level of The Walking Dead.

I also wished, maybe the animation style and colour grading varied, depending on the theme of the episodes. For instance A GOTG theme episode can keep everything colourful and very animated, wheras a zombie episode can have far less colors and maybe just been done in black and white as a way of matching with the subject matter. this animation they have did not mash well with this particular episode at all.

I also thought the line up felt pretty random (Happy, Spiderman, Wasp, Okoye, Bruce, Vision, Black Panther, Sharon) Marvel does really over relies on this crossover connected formula. although I can understand that this may make sense here because if entire world has been zombiefied, likely all the surviving characters from every series will meet up and try to work together.

The ending was quite good though and made up for the mix matching tone with Hope sacrifice and seeing Thanos in the end, although I am forced to wonder what can Thanos actually do now. the whole world is already a **** place including him

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I find Spider-Man grating both in live action and animation.

He didn't destroy the mind stone in the What If episode he gave it away while in Infinity War it needed to be destroyed. Nobody FORCED Wanda.

Something else I realized about What If Is Wanda and Strange are going to be or have the capacity to be reckless and destroy the universe.
    Spiderman sometimes can be the best example of not everything we see 100% in the comics, should make it into any screen or live action. I know many who finds Tom Holland's Spiderman grating because of his unrealistic child like quality, I also know of others who found Andrew Garfield Spiderman's very arrogant and unlikeable and I also know of some who found Tobey's Spiderman very corny.

Also speaking of Spiderman, this episode is the first time he mentions Uncle Ben, which feels almost like a crop out. MCU waits to finally mention uncle ben in a what if animated episode.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-09-2021 at 01:32 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I do appreciate these last few episodes are closer in spirit to the What If...? comics I remember.

"What if Spider-Man bonded with the Venom symbiote? EVERYONE DIES!"
    "What if Rogue stayed with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and never joined the X-Men? EVERYONE DIES!"
    "What if Iron Man stubbed his toe that one time? EVERYONE DIES!"
    lol. those scenarios are not from the comics , they did do a what if the symbiote had possessed spider-man but not everyone dies , they did do a few what ifs where everyone dies but not all the time. loved that mcu is doing something different.

Why the heck didnt Wasp shrink after she transported everyone? Did no one in this universe watch Game of Thrones? Her fate seemed so obvious

I really appreciated this episode. They just keep getting better and better. The mix of humor and horror was a bit Raimi-esque I thought.

Kind of an ominous ending though, yikes. Made me wonder if zombie Thanos would still have the same goals and if reducing half the population would include reducing the zombie population or if those guys no longer count. This would likely present a big mystery for the universe, as to what exactly happened to half the population.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-09-2021 at 11:49 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I really appreciated this episode. They just keep getting better and better. The mix of humor and horror was a bit Raimi-esque I thought.

Kind of an ominous ending though, yikes. Made me wonder if zombie Thanos would still have the same goals and if reducing half the population would include reducing the zombie population or if those guys no longer count. This would likely present a big mystery for the universe, as to what exactly happened to half the population.
    I wonder if Thanos would have the same aversion to the mind stone or if perhaps assimilating it would cure him.

My head canon is that he ends up saving (half of) everyone by eliminating the virus with the gauntlet. Happy ending!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why the heck didnt Wasp shrink after she transported everyone? Did no one in this universe watch Game of Thrones? Her fate seemed so obvious
    I feel like they should have realized how dangerous leaving her giant would be, although it seems like the zombies can still effectively use their powers so she probably could have still enlarged unless she took herself out before the zombies swarmed her.

Loved it when zombie Wasp futilely tossed a zombie at them as they escaped. Thought that was a nice touch.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Yeah, although they don't seem to speak (apart from zombie happy's "blam") these zombies seem to be much more smarter and somewhat remember their former lives better than the Walking Dead types do. Plus if Ant-Man was a zombie and got cured and back to his normal persona then his mind was still in there. Ditto with Wanda-Zombies's apparent sadness at Vision's death.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I wonder if Thanos would have the same aversion to the mind stone or if perhaps assimilating it would cure him.

My head canon is that he ends up saving (half of) everyone by eliminating the virus with the gauntlet. Happy ending!
    That's actually a brilliant and consistent way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like they should have realized how dangerous leaving her giant would be, although it seems like the zombies can still effectively use their powers so she probably could have still enlarged unless she took herself out before the zombies swarmed her.
    I figured she passed out due to being so large, right as she delivered the group to the other side of the fence. And then just stayed that way.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-09-2021 at 01:13 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She really should have shrunk, flew to them and either taken the part of her suit that gave it, its functionality or let someone step on her

The second they realized Hope was infected, I kept thinking they should take her Pym particles and render her powerless. If she turned on the train and shrunk, she would have been extremely dangerous and could have bitten them all.