Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The Season Finale is appropriately called 'What If The Watcher Broke His Oath?'. Very excited to see all the various realities of Season One come together, hopefully it'll be more of an extended episode to cap off Season One.

Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 10-05-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Incredible Member

great finale. Hope we'll see cameos of the guardians of the multiverse in dr strange 2.

I felt it was a decent conclusion. Kinda wish they had revealed a bit more about the fate of surviving characters in the Zombie Universe but I guess that's the story most likely to get a follow up in Season 2. Killmonger and T'Challa needed to have more interaction, especially since the stuff between Peggy and Natasha was well done, and I was glad to see both get some level of a happy ending, as well as even Stephen. I was kind of surprised we didn't see the other Watchers punishing Utau for his actions. The missing episode with Sakaar Tony and Thanos-Gamora also meant her inclusion felt decidedly lacking.

Extraordinary Member

Great episode. Cumberbatch and Hemsworth were hilarious.

I expect some folks will be wondering why no version of Carol was included in the team.

The biggest question for me, however, was if every reality in the multiverse has its own infinity stones, why is it such a big problem to beat Ultron?

Just grab another set of stones and go to work.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Good finale the action was beautiful. The missing Sakaar episode made Gamoras inclusion seem weird. Hope they bring in another voice actor and the adventures of Star Lord Tchalla continue in season 2. When they brought the Zombie universe over why was Wanda the big threat and not Zombie Thanos with the Stones? Anyway also wish Uatu woulda joined in the fight. He already broke his oath why is he acting like he didn't. He's basically acting like if he breaks it a little bit it's ok but he can't break it alot.

What's with the Stinger? There's gonna be a decrypted old Steve in the suit? Or is is Steve the new Winter Solider and he basically has a story similar to Buckys? Hmmmm curious to see that unfold.

Is this animation expensive? I'm sure the voice talent is but curious if they could do the non MCU cartoons that we will get eventually in this style. Cause it took awhile to get use to but the the action just looked so fluid and beautiful in this show. Also anyone who think MCU Thor Is a bafoon needs to watch this. This Thor is a bafoon MCU Thor is just involved in alot of situational humor.

This series became the definition of "don't think too much about it".

Yep, just try to enjoy the few minutes each episode lasts. That actually is my biggest gripe -- too short. They wrap things up too quickly. Even for a two-parter.

And yes, it would seem getting another set or 12 of Infinity Stones would seem to be the best option. What If...Uatu wore the Infinity Gauntlet? What if...Strange Supreme did? What If...Zombie Wanda did? Etc., etc., etc.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Yes, this Thor is over the top in silliness
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Ultimate Member

This didn't work for me.

Instead of gathering a team of multiversal Avengers, why didn't the Watcher just try and mobilize Infinity Stones in the still living universes?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The Season Finale is appropriately called 'What If The Watcher Broke His Oath?'. Very excited to see all the various realities of Season One come together, hopefully it'll be more of an extended episode to cap off Season One.

I kind of last track with this show and just stopped watching, reason you dont see any recent post of mine on this thread, although I heard some things about Thor and Thanos that sound not flattering so I don't think I missed much but I may check out this finale because the concept of the watcher breaking his promise sounds interesting enough for an episode, also considering how much Dr Strange begged him to interfere when he messed with time.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It was an enjoyable finale. I agree as others have been saying, "Don't think about it, just enjoy the bubbles on your throat...they pop and are gone but were tasty for just a bit."

The Killmonger betrayal was totally foreshadowed. Even if it hadn't been would anyone have been shocked when he did betray them?
    "Bad seed" Strange getting some repentance time was kind of nice.
    This made me like Captain Carter even more.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I wonder if there's going to be a good reason why these characters are the ones selected to fight Infinity Ultron. Because, if they have access to an infinite multiverse, why not pick a dozen Captain Marvels, ten Doctor Stranges, nine Visions, and maybe throw in a Thor, a Hulk, and a Scarlet Witch for good measure?
    And that's a 'no.' There wasn't.

This episode, probably more than any other, really embraces the 'don't think too hard about it, just enjoy the ride' mentality of What If...?
    Why was Captain Carter needed to fight Ultron? Why Star-Panther, who did even less? Why the treacherous Killmonger? All so he and Zola-Vision could be trapped in a snow globe forever, because that was apparently the best possilble solution.

Hell, they didn't need to go as far as my idea with the dozen Carols. Going by this episode, just one Carol teamed with Strange's magic armor could've gotten the job done easy.
    Eh, whatever.

And damn did Party Thor wear out his welcome in a hurry. I wouldn't mind certain episodes to get continuations in the next season, but I do not need to see him ever again.

Pleasantly surprised by the happy endings most everyone got, including the implied ones like Killmonger getting overthrown, Ego being stopped, etc.
    I did think it was funny though that Fury immediately jumped to "You're a Natasha from another dimension" and not just assume his Widow survived Hank Pym's attack.

Again, whatever.

All in all, the show was a fun enough watch. But it definitely works best if you don't think too much about...anything. Don't watch this show looking for logic or consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    This series became the definition of "don't think too much about it".
    A good example of this... are we supposed to believe that Zola's AI willingly went back into a data arrow following the failed attempt with the drone in the previous episode? Granted he's crippled but I am a bit surprised he'd elect to return to digital nothingness for a spell just for the chance that he'd get to log into Ultron's body. Natasha must have been really convincing.

Despite this having Zola be a hero for a moment (even for totally selfish reasons) was pretty awesome, even if he immediately screwed them over again.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The action looked really fantastic...but it felt pretty hollow as a story; it was pretty much just one big fight scene with little in the way of plot.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was disappointed that the multiverse team wasn't called the Exiles.