Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Marvel Studios' WHAT IF...? (2021)

The trailer just dropped:

So:

- T'Challa ends up forming his own Avengers group as Star-Lord with Thanos Gamora and Party Thor?

- Soldier Black Widow with Hulk? Seems like she's in an apocalypse setting on her bike (Marvel Zombies?). Also a scene of her throwing Cap's shield.

- Killmonger becomes king with Tony Stark's (voiced by Mick Wingert) help?

- Okoye vs Wanda?

- Older Spider-Man?

- Young Shuri during an attack?

Didn't know it was gonna be animated.

I guess there was no other way they could do this.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Spider-Man as the Sorcerer Supreme is awesome.

Also Ultron in Vision’s body?! And with all the Infinity Stones?! Uh oh.

Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 07-08-2021 at 11:59 AM.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Def can't wait for this series and for the Captain Carter Marvel Legends figure.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Awesome!!!!!
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member

I'll wait and see what each episode is like, but so far I find most of their "What If?" ideas kinda bland. The only ones that sound interesting are Captain Carter, Marvel Zombies, and maybe the one with the older-looking Spider-Man (crazy to think that a Spider-Man from a What If? might be more like Spider-Man than the MCU version - that would be just so ****ing depressing).

Some of those premises I find absurd. Killmonger doesn't seem like the type to regard pre-Iron Man Tony as anything more than one of the rich white conquerors he wanted to overthrow with Wakandan power. There's also a lot of political weight to that character, so at worst it can come off in very poor taste. If that episode at any point tries to say that Killmonger always liked Tony because he was hip and into AC/DC (practically his only "redeeming" qualities prior to Iron Man), or that Tony was always a hero even pre-Iron Man (apologetics for his military-industrial complex days), Disney and Marvel should be ashamed of themselves and I hope everyone is put off by it.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 07-08-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Some of those premises I find absurd. Killmonger doesn't seem like the type to regard pre-Iron Man Tony as anything more than one of the rich white conquerors he wanted to overthrow with Wakandan power. There's also a lot of political weight to that character, so at worst it can come off in very poor taste. If that episode at any point tries to say that Killmonger always liked Tony because he was hip and into AC/DC (practically his only "redeeming" qualities prior to Iron Man), or that Tony was always a hero even pre-Iron Man (apologetics for his military-industrial complex days), Disney and Marvel should be ashamed of themselves and I hope everyone is put off by it.
    My takeaway is he uses Tony to take over Wakanda earlier than he did in the original timeline. Like he used Klaw.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My takeaway is he uses Tony to take over Wakanda earlier than he did in the original timeline. Like he used Klaw.
    Yeah, we'll have to wait and see. I'll reserve judgment, but just as a first impression I think it's weird. Klaw was interested in Wakanda and wasn't a man with a lot of political or economic power, so it immediately makes more sense why Killmonger would want to work with him in a way that it immediately doesn't with Tony. (What If Killmonger captured Tony instead of the Ten Rings? makes more immediate sense and sounds more like Killmonger than what looks to be happening here)

Ultimate Member

I'll wait and see what each episode is like, but so far I find most of their "What If?" ideas kinda bland. The only ones that sound interesting are Captain Carter, Marvel Zombies, and maybe the one with the older-looking Spider-Man (crazy to think that a Spider-Man from a What If? might be more like Spider-Man than the MCU version - that would be just so ****ing depressing).

I thought a lot of these ideas seem more inspired than just "What if this movie slightly changed"

While I get that it "Marvel Studios..." is is something of a bummer on the "Creativity..." front to see that almost everything here is based around existing film franchises.

Vast amounts of untapped interesting IP just left on the table.

Mighty Member

Whatever dude. That's all I have to say. The show looks great, in my mind. Real surprised to see Spidey in there. That was awesome.
    Last edited by CTTT; 07-08-2021 at 09:25 PM.

BANNED

If I hear and read reviews, where this animation is praised for been as adult orientated with a real good story, I can take seriously like the DC cartoons. I will gladly watch this series.

I really hope Marvel has seen how DC has been doing their animation and have decided to step up their game.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I get that it "Marvel Studios..." is is something of a bummer on the "Creativity..." front to see that almost everything here is based around existing film franchises.

Vast amounts of untapped interesting IP just left on the table.
    Only if its a one and done series. If not, a lot more IP will be added to the table when its time to work on season 2.

A What If series using all new properties wouldn't make any sense. The entire purpose is to reimagine things differently but if they use characters the audience doesn't know/haven't met yet then how will it appear different? This concept only works with properties you're familiar with.