Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    You would think that with America at the forefront of such technology that would run the risk of their Cold War being very different or even more aggressive. One can imagine the Korean and Vietnam Wars with giant mechs on both sides. Unless of course Howard adopted Tony’s non violent campaign after the war or Steve convinced him to do so. Again it’s the little things in such alternate timelines that we need Harry Turtledoves to write this out for. Or lots of fanfics.

Steve could have easily been called to operate as Iron Man over the years, gradually streamlined into a more mobile suit. Maybe even working alongside Isaiah Bradley?
    That's possible

Boisterously Confused

Just the sheer amount of "what happened between Captain Carter's disappearance and return" on this thread suggests to me that regardless of any flaws it had, ep 1 of What If...? accomplished its mission.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Wait, lack up blood shed was a criticism?

That never even registered with me.
    It looked ridiculous to me. Red Skull stabs a guy, the camera pans out to where you should see where the stab wound is but there nothing there. Stuff like that is a disconnect to me. If they didn't want to show blood maybe have Skull kill the guy another way.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It looked ridiculous to me. Red Skull stabs a guy, the camera pans out to where you should see where the stab wound is but there nothing there. Stuff like that is a disconnect to me. If they didn't want to show blood maybe have Skull kill the guy another way.
    Seems like a weird thing to be bothered by...did it also bother you that there wasn't a trail of blood on Steve's floor when he dragged Fury to cover after he got shot multiple times in the chest and stomach in Winter Soldier? Did it bother you that Fury wasn't laying in a pool of blood when Carter comes in and sees him on Steve's floor?

It's a cartoon based on films that don't really go in for even mild gore so I don't get the surprise.

Seems like a weird thing to be bothered by...did it also bother you that there wasn't a trail of blood on Steve's floor when he dragged Fury to cover after he got shot multiple times in the chest and stomach in Winter Soldier? Did it bother you that Fury wasn't laying in a pool of blood when Carter comes in and sees him on Steve's floor?

It's a cartoon based on films that don't really go in for even mild gore so I don't get the surprise.
    Yes.

If they are gonna show someone get shot up and stabbed on screen then they should be willing to show the result of that. I don't think it's unreasonable to show blood in those instances.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 08-16-2021 at 07:46 AM.

This makes me honestly curious how much blood is in MCU films.

Yes.

If they are gonna show someone get shot up and stabbed on screen then they should be willing to show the result of that. I don't think it's unreasonable to show blood in those instances.
    My point is that the films never really did that so why expect it here.

Heck, even in other films that it's a requirement seems odd. If I see a dude get shot in the gut in a film as long as he falls to the ground clutching his stomach I can't imagine myself not fully understand he was shot even if I don't see any blood.

And I'm no prude and I'm not squeamish around blood at all so I don't mind it when its there at all...I just don't get missing it if it isn't there.

I could see missing the blood if that was the only indication of a wound...but when there are all sorts of other details that confirm a character was injured and they're in a bad way it's absense shouldn't be a deal breaker unless you're just looking for a very specific nit to pick at.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me honestly curious how much blood is in MCU films.
    The answer is: Not a whole lot.

I just watched Winter Soldier the other night so it's freshest in my memory and although the nice, perfectly round bullet holes in Cap and Fury are nice and red, and occasionally you'll see a little at the corner of Cap's mouth there's no copious dripping or pooling anywhere to be found. I think the most graphic it got was that there was a slight "mist" of blood when Fury get's shot in Cap's apartment...but if you're a kid watching that you could easily see it as smoke or something and not blood as it's gone in a blink of an eye and didn't show on screen as bright red.

This episode was par for the course in how the MCU films portray action and violence and nitpicking that now just feels really odd.

My point is that the films never really did that so why expect it here.

Heck, even in other films that it's a requirement seems odd. If I see a dude get shot in the gut in a film as long as he falls to the ground clutching his stomach I can't imagine myself not fully understand he was shot even if I don't see any blood.

And I'm no prude and I'm not squeamish around blood at all so I don't mind it when its there at all...I just don't get missing it if it isn't there.

I could see missing the blood if that was the only indication of a wound...but when there are all sorts of other details that confirm a character was injured and they're in a bad way it's absense shouldn't be a deal breaker unless you're just looking for a very specific nit to pick at.
    I know why they ain't in the movies. They got to keep it PG-13. It doesn't make any less weird that happens. They can show borderline R rated levels of violence but as long as the red stuff is omitted it's fine.

I know why they ain't in the movies. They got to keep it PG-13. It doesn't make any less weird that happens. They can show borderline R rated levels of violence but as long as the red stuff is omitted it's fine.
    ...it does very much make it weird that you need it to happen.

Was it ever unclear what was happening? Were you confused why Steve couldn't get in the chamber because he wasn't in a pool of blood?

...it does very much make it weird that you need it to happen.

Was it ever unclear what was happening? Were you confused why Steve couldn't get in the chamber because he wasn't in a pool of blood?
    I was confused as to why Steve wasn't leaking when he has a bullet hole in his shoulder. He's clearly applying pressure to his wound so he doesn't bleed out but that a hard sell without the blood being there.

Next you will tell me I shouldn't expect scrapes, bruises and swelling when someone gets punched in the face.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 08-16-2021 at 08:59 AM.

T-challa becoming Star-Lord is pretty random but I'm curious how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    because it is as I have explained in full depth

this is one of the best threads I have been on in a while. many here who don't usually agree with me, seems to be not doing so, even Jack the Tipper who never agrees with anything I say also talks about how their mouths movement was not right, something I pointed out in my first review of the show.
    Careful Castle, you might soon see that I don’t critique things as an “MCU lover”

BANNED

pNext you will tell me I shouldn't expect scrapes, bruises and swelling when someone gets punched in the face.
    I wonder if you think you've seen the expected amount of that in superhero movies?

I was confused as to why Steve wasn't leaking when he has a bullet hole in his shoulder. He's clearly applying pressure to his wound so he doesn't bleed out but that a hard sell without the blood being there.

Next you will tell me I shouldn't expect scrapes, bruises and swelling when someone gets punched in the face.
    But you understood he was seriously wounded, and why Agent Carter said he shouldn't be moved to the chamber right? Did the scene fail to convey that information to you?

Or were you confused why there was even a need to have an alternate version of the events from Captain America?