Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

https://screenrant.com/what-if-seaso...isode-details/

Confirmation that Season 2 of What If will have an episode based on the Black Widow movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think Ultron conquers his reality and then starts invading other realities. This gives The Watcher a pretext to interfere.
    Rather than Ultron, I'd rather it be Ego and Quill from the Star-T'Challa universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    i wonder, why didnt other powerful entities try and stop dr.strange? the celestials , the eternals etc. I'm sure they werent ok with the universe and thus themselves ending.
    If they were truly powerful entities would they care about the universe ending. I can see them being like, 'eh screw it, we'll just move to another universe'.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is there any reason during all those times Christine died that he couldn't use magic to save her? He still has the time stone, so rewinding time didn't take that away and he should still have his knowledge of the mystic arts. Yet every time he restarts it, he lets it play out as though he's not a sorcerer... ?
    Clearly established that ordinary magic would not have effect on an absolute time point. It needed unimaginable power.

After failing with a forklift and a car jack, you don't just try to lift something yourself.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

In addition, there was clearly a scene where Christine arrived safely at the party, *and then just inexplicably died*. She was gonna die in this timeline no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Clearly established that ordinary magic would not have effect on an absolute time point. It needed unimaginable power.

After failing with a forklift and a car jack, you don't just try to lift something yourself.
    But he was trying to save her during that section of the episode. That's why he kept rewinding time. Why would he bother trying to take a different route, or staying in if he believed it was a fixed point in time that required unimaginable power to change it? From his point of view, during all those times he was trying to save her they never show him trying to use magic. No, it wouldn't have worked, but they never showed that scenario play out (i.e. throwing a shield around the car, etc) - they just show him trying to make different choices, you know what I mean? That seems like an oversight and it still doesn't make sense to me from his perspective since at the time, when he still thought he could change the outcome. Am I not making sense?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-06-2021 at 08:05 AM.

But he was trying to save her during that section of the episode. That's why he kept rewinding time. Why would he bother trying to take a different route, or staying in if he believed it was a fixed point in time that required unimaginable power to change it? From his point of view, during all those times he was trying to save her they never show him trying to use magic. No, it wouldn't have worked, but they never showed that scenario play out (i.e. throwing a shield around the car, etc) - they just show him trying to make different choices, you know what I mean? That seems like an oversight and it still doesn't make sense to me from his perspective since at the time, when he still thought he could change the outcome. Am I not making sense?
    Okay, I see what you mean. But also, we see the car crashed in many of those,without the lead up, maybe he did use magic with the same results?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Looks like Episode 5 will be the Zombies episode, not Party Thor as originally thought.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/wh...m_content=Link

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Looks like Episode 5 will be the Zombies episode, not Party Thor as originally thought.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/wh...m_content=Link
    I guess we'll get to see who is voicing Spider-Man here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess we'll get to see who is voicing Spider-Man here.
    It's not Tom Holland?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It's not Tom Holland?
    I think they confirmed Holland's not in it, although Spider-Man is supposed to be older in this so it might not have even made sense for him to play Peter here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they confirmed Holland's not in it, although Spider-Man is supposed to be older in this so it might not have even made sense for him to play Peter here.
    I see. Well, Holland is older than Peter so it depends on peter's age here. Is this all because of the Sony-Disney deal?

They already brought in Josh Keaton for a replacement Cap...

This Dr Strange episode was crap. Has no one seen the Time Machine? The remake, which wasn't even as good as the first, but explains the problem of this kind of time travel.

If Dr Strange goes back in time to save Christine, then he won't learn magic to go back in time to save Christine. Thus the Paradox.

This is what you need to do. Go back in time, kidnap Christine, put a fake in her place, so the fake dies. This prompts Dr Strange to learn magic to then go back in time, where he will kidnap Christine. Current time Christine is released from her kidnapping, and is explained, "sorry this is what happened." Boom, no paradox.

The other stupid thing they did. Dr Strange journeys back in time, "Hello, I'm looking for the Lost Library. Ok, if you traveled back in time to before the library was lost, then obviously the library wouldn't be called, "The Lost Library."
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see. Well, Holland is older than Peter so it depends on peter's age here. Is this all because of the Sony-Disney deal?
    I think there was the implication some issue with Sony is part of why they couldn't bring Holland in.
    They already brought in Josh Keaton for a replacement Cap...
    It would be a trip if they had Keaton play Spidey again...although I kind of want to hear him play Steve as Cap at least once.