Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    This Dr Strange episode was crap. Has no one seen the Time Machine? The remake, which wasn't even as good as the first, but explains the problem of this kind of time travel.

If Dr Strange goes back in time to save Christine, then he won't learn magic to go back in time to save Christine. Thus the Paradox.

This is what you need to do. Go back in time, kidnap Christine, put a fake in her place, so the fake dies. This prompts Dr Strange to learn magic to then go back in time, where he will kidnap Christine. Current time Christine is released from her kidnapping, and is explained, "sorry this is what happened." Boom, no paradox.

The other stupid thing they did. Dr Strange journeys back in time, "Hello, I'm looking for the Lost Library. Ok, if you traveled back in time to before the library was lost, then obviously the library wouldn't be called, "The Lost Library."
    No offense but I think you are reading way to much into time travel. There isn't a time travel show or movie ever that doesnt have these issues.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there was the implication some issue with Sony is part of why they couldn't bring Holland in.
    Makes sense, in that it doesn't make sense.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    This Dr Strange episode was crap. Has no one seen the Time Machine? The remake, which wasn't even as good as the first, but explains the problem of this kind of time travel.

If Dr Strange goes back in time to save Christine, then he won't learn magic to go back in time to save Christine. Thus the Paradox.

This is what you need to do. Go back in time, kidnap Christine, put a fake in her place, so the fake dies. This prompts Dr Strange to learn magic to then go back in time, where he will kidnap Christine. Current time Christine is released from her kidnapping, and is explained, "sorry this is what happened." Boom, no paradox.

The other stupid thing they did. Dr Strange journeys back in time, "Hello, I'm looking for the Lost Library. Ok, if you traveled back in time to before the library was lost, then obviously the library wouldn't be called, "The Lost Library."
    ...the Ancient One literally explained just that to him.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Mark Ruffalo just released a clip from tomorrow’s episode! Looks like it shoots down the theory about it being about magic being used to restore the heroes after the other half of the universe gets snapped instead, but makes it more likely that the origin point will be a zombified Janet Van Dyne in the Quantum Realm, which was the other major theory.

Incredible Member

So far the episodes are just average at best and could have possibly been tacked onto any Marvel Bluray as a special bonus, the animation looks crisp but when they try to capture an actors likeness it almost becomes like a MAD magazine caricature with a mix of the MTV Spider-Man cartoon of the 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    No offense but I think you are reading way to much into time travel. There isn't a time travel show or movie ever that doesnt have these issues.
    Exactly, so why did we need yet another one?

This might have been cool if he realized the only way to fix it was to not bring her, but he had to get into the accident and sacrifice his hands. And thus lose her that way.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Assuming this stuff is in canon, I hope we see some of Strange's LOVE for Christine picked up on in his sequel. If this just all plays out in the "What If" show, then we go back to a Dr Strange in this universe where he ... just kinda likes her? That might seem jarring to take us on this emotional journey just to go back to a Strange who isn't in love with her. Time has passed since he got back to NY but been there's no indication he's tried to start things up with her again. Guess we'll see... I'd certainly like to see more Rachel McAdams - hell, give her powers and make her some version of Clea, I won't mind.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Episode 5...

spoilers:
    I was impressed that they managed to keep what is a pretty dark concept light hearted at times, but that was likely the group they opted for as the focus. Straight off there's some weird inconsistences never explained like why Cap isn't bearded and minus the shield - they probably should have mentioned the Sokovia Accords never happened or something. I liked the group of characters they picked for the story to act as a suitable Walking Dead style survival team, and using Peter's AV Club to introduce all of them was fun. Kurt was hilarious so I am glad he was included. The zombies were all distinctive, though the level of intelligence seemed to be very varied - I might have preferred them to be fully smart like in the comics. Vision's betrayal was a bit of a shock but understandable given his love for Wanda, even if it was pretty stupid. She was definitely the most terrifying Zombie. Again Camp Leigh's survival was confusing given the base was blown up in Winter Soldier, but I guess it made a nice focus point for the conclusion. I liked the parallel to the comics by having Black Panther be secretly alive (and more Chadwick with some poignant lines) and the ending is super open ended so they are clearly planning a follow up in Season 2 - Zombie Thanos, eek! Plus Thor and the Guardians are still out in space so that gives the option for some extra characters. Hulk and Wasp could definitely return if the cure works since they're mostly intact. Overall this felt like a nice homage to the MZ comics and Walking Dead in general.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Never in a billion years did I expect them to do spoilers:
    the Tchalla table shit in the MCU but they TOTALLLY DID. They really made it work with the TV-14 rating
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm enjoying these but they aren't "must see" upon release. I'm watching them at release cause I can.
    I've not read any of the Marvel Zombie stories but this was a fun 28min show, yes there are 5min of credits.

I didn't look at said credits. Was Chadwick also able to do T'Challa here?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was a big fan of the early Marvel Zombie books so I enjoyed this episode a lot. I wish they would lean on dark comedy like the books did but I can't win then all. I want a follow up to this episode if we get another season

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm enjoying these but they aren't "must see" upon release. I'm watching them at release cause I can.
    I've not read any of the Marvel Zombie stories but this was a fun 28min show, yes there are 5min of credits.

I didn't look at said credits. Was Chadwick also able to do T'Challa here?
    Yeah, they got him for 4 episodes, so this makes his second. I'm guessing he's also in the Killmonger/Tony Stark one.

I wonder if giving Okoye such a large role was kind of a nod to Danai's other famous role....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Every episode of this show so far has been better than the last one.

This week's episode was pretty fun.