Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I thought that it was established in Loki that the infinity stones don't work in another universes
    They don't work inside the TVA.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I thought that it was established in Loki that the infinity stones don't work in another universes
    You're assuming that all realms outside the various branches of the multiverse possess the same properties, which is not necessarily the case. The domain where I made my observations, while not part of any of the universes I monitored, was still within the structure of the multiverse proper as a whole. Whereas the TVA's headquarters are more...removed from the rest of Existence.

Think of it as the difference between someone lurking within the hallways of a building to look into various rooms and others who are in a different structure all together using surveillance equipment to keep an eye on things.

I would elucidate further but dire circumstances require me to focus the bulk of attentions elsewhere.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

-- This and "Party Thor" just unabashedly diverged from the idea that "What If" focuses on a key nexus point where something changed rather than simply being an alternate universe. Too many things don't align with the "main timeline" that can't be explained by the one divergent action. Like here, how Thanos ended up with all the other stones, etc... I'm fine with it. This is an alternate universe - although I do wonder what Thanos sacrificed to get the Soul Stone since Gamora was alive. (or did Gamora in this universe sacrifice Nebula and actually got the stone for him? And she left him for the Guardians anyway?.... Eh, no sense overthinking)
    -- Not a fan of Thanos getting jobbed. (he really shouldn't have let Loki go to Earth with the mindstone) If they wanted to keep it short, they still could have just indicated that they had a huge fight and show Ultron finishing him off. It always seemed odd to me how anyone powered by just one of the stones (or a remnant of its power like Wanda or Captain Marvel) could stand up to someone with all the other stones.
    -- After "Loki" and seeing the Infinity Stones in a drawer undermines how dangerous I'm supposed to think Ultron is. Would the TVA be able to take out Ultron now just as easily as he took out Thanos? Although it'd be funny if this ended with Ultron's stones ending up in Casey's cart.
    -- Ultron had all the stones. He could have "snapped his fingers" and re-wrote reality, but instead he builds a ship and an army and does it the slow way? It's like staying with your aol dial-up when you have a 5G phone in your pocket. But that's not as interesting I guess...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-01-2021 at 05:03 AM.

When you start to think too hard about whether they are divergent Universes that split at a certain point, or existing infinite multiverses that have one point that makes them different, it can hurt your brain

Were they doing an Oliver Queen homage with Hawkeye?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Were they doing an Oliver Queen homage with Hawkeye?
    I think there was a similar scene in Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think there was a similar scene in Avengers.
    I'm not sure what scene you're referring to, but I think Kirby101 was referring to the fact that Hawkeye had one arm a la Ollie in "The Dark Knight Returns." (although poor Ollie didn't have a robot arm and had to fire his arrow with his teeth! ...while hanging upside down.. while being shot at..)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm not sure what scene you're referring to, but I think Kirby101 was referring to the fact that Hawkeye had one arm a la Ollie in "The Dark Knight Returns." (although poor Ollie didn't have a robot arm and had to fire his arrow with his teeth! ...while hanging upside down.. while being shot at..)
    That and the blonde hair.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

More and more I feel like What If benefits from not thinking too deeply about it .

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Even in alternate realities, Clint seems destined to get that same stupid haircut he had in Endgame.
    His hair looked awesome both times

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More and more I feel like What If benefits from not thinking too deeply about it .
    Yeah, not a fan of the writing. they take a lot of shortcuts. And why Ultron didn't rewrite reality with the infinity stones ? It make you omnipotent. And maybe I'm overthinking it, but if the stones work in every universe, in a multiverse, you have infinite characters with ultimate powers who can destroy all the multiverse.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Ultimate Member

How much of reality can the stone rewrite? Has it ever been definitively shown?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They don't work inside the TVA.
    I also thought Loki established that the Infinity Stones are useless in other universes. But you could definitely make the argument that they just don't work at TVA headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    How much of reality can the stone rewrite? Has it ever been definitively shown?
    In the movies, it looks like just within vicinity of the camera, although with all the stones working together Thanos obviously affected the whole Universe when he wiped out half of all living things.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

So, presumably the Multiverse Avengers will be made primarily out of the protagonists we've seen in previous episodes along with probably a few new variants like that Thanos-sword Gamora they've shown in previews.

I wonder if there's going to be a good reason why these characters are the ones selected to fight Infinity Ultron. Because, if they have access to an infinite multiverse, why not pick a dozen Captain Marvels, ten Doctor Stranges, nine Visions, and maybe throw in a Thor, a Hulk, and a Scarlet Witch for good measure?

I liked Captain Carter and Star-Panther as much as anyone, but what the hell are they supposed to do against an Ultron that literally ate an entire galaxy?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    So, presumably the Multiverse Avengers will be made primarily out of the protagonists we've seen in previous episodes along with probably a few new variants like that Thanos-sword Gamora they've shown in previews.

I wonder if there's going to be a good reason why these characters are the ones selected to fight Infinity Ultron. Because, if they have access to an infinite multiverse, why not pick a dozen Captain Marvels, ten Doctor Stranges, nine Visions, and maybe throw in a Thor, a Hulk, and a Scarlet Witch for good measure?

I liked Captain Carter and Star-Panther as much as anyone, but what the hell are they supposed to do against an Ultron that literally ate an entire galaxy?
    Hey, if we're somehow supposed to believe Black Widow and Hawkeye are useful, then anything is possible.