Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    So, presumably the Multiverse Avengers will be made primarily out of the protagonists we've seen in previous episodes along with probably a few new variants like that Thanos-sword Gamora they've shown in previews.

I wonder if there's going to be a good reason why these characters are the ones selected to fight Infinity Ultron. Because, if they have access to an infinite multiverse, why not pick a dozen Captain Marvels, ten Doctor Stranges, nine Visions, and maybe throw in a Thor, a Hulk, and a Scarlet Witch for good measure?

I liked Captain Carter and Star-Panther as much as anyone, but what the hell are they supposed to do against an Ultron that literally ate an entire galaxy?
    I think Thanos-Gamora was supposed to be in the Iron Man Sakaar episode but they've moved it up.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This was probably the weakest episode so far, I mean I get that it's establishing the reason for a multiverse team up ... but did we really need a whole episode for that? I think the appearance at the end of the Thor episode seemed sufficient to me for a start and then if you coupled it with another scene establishing that he beat the Watcher you could easily just move on with the team up.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This was probably the weakest episode so far, I mean I get that it's establishing the reason for a multiverse team up ... but did we really need a whole episode for that? I think the appearance at the end of the Thor episode seemed sufficient to me for a start and then if you coupled it with another scene establishing that he beat the Watcher you could easily just move on with the team up.
    I liked the episode more than you did, but I do completely agree. And there looks to be an episode 9, I was worried this was all season 2.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

You also have the set up with Widow and Zola, which will probably be important to finishing Supreme Ultron off.

Ultimate Member

Some of these premises could use several episodes by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You also have the set up with Widow and Zola, which will probably be important to finishing Supreme Ultron off.
    They probably will...but did they need to be? They're important because this episode existed, but with so much of it feeling like filler would we have really missed them otherwise? There wasn't anything compelling or unique about this version of Natasha so it feels like a wasted opportunity.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

They probably will...but did they need to be? They're important because this episode existed, but with so much of it feeling like filler would we have really missed them otherwise? There wasn't anything compelling or unique about this version of Natasha so it feels like a wasted opportunity.
    I think they were the human element of the episode to contrast with the Watcher vs. Ultron content and how the non-powered Avengers managed to survive the Age of Ultron. At least that was my take on it.

Someone did fanart of Steve and Bucky on Sakaar.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-what-i...ators-art/amp/

I think they were the human element of the episode to contrast with the Watcher vs. Ultron content and how the non-powered Avengers managed to survive the Age of Ultron. At least that was my take on it.
    ...yeah that's the element they fulfilled in the episode we got...but do we really need that in a multiversal smack down? It just felt like filler to me.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Someone did fanart of Steve and Bucky on Sakaar.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-what-i...ators-art/amp/
    Nice! Reminds me of the Gladiator Steve we got during Secret Wars with Devil Dinosaur.

...yeah that's the element they fulfilled in the episode we got...but do we really need that in a multiversal smack down? It just felt like filler to me.
    Well, it's what the Watcher would be invested in and, again, it seems like it might contribute to how they finally stop Ultron since that was the whole point of them finding Zola.

Curious if this Gamora might be from the Ultron reality and after revenge for the death of her adoptive father.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Curious if this Gamora might be from the Ultron reality and after revenge for the death of her adoptive father.
    Gamora was with the Guardians (somehow) that Ultron took out.

Gamora was with the Guardians (somehow) that Ultron took out.
    Ah, didn’t spot her. So this Gamora will be from another universe then.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ah, didn’t spot her. So this Gamora will be from another universe then.
    I'm guessing she'll be from whatever universe the Watcher's crew makes their stand against Ultron.