Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels weird to have an overarching storyline to an anthology show. It just felt like an excuse to have more Peggy.
    "I don't typically do sequels, but..."

I laughed out loud when Watcher said that, it was like some sort of meta commentary that we're gonna get a lot of Peggy this season.

I think it could be as simple as Hayley Atwell 1) really loves voicing Carter 2) won't make herself cost prohibitive to continue voicing Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    "I don't typically do sequels, but..."

I laughed out loud when Watcher said that, it was like some sort of meta commentary that we're gonna get a lot of Peggy this season.

I think it could be as simple as Hayley Atwell 1) really loves voicing Carter 2) won't make herself cost prohibitive to continue voicing Carter.
    I think it definitely helps that Atwell is enthusiastic at doing it and the writers love using her .

They really need to change the name to The Further Adventures of Captain Carter.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

IGN has a great interview with the main writer about all of Season 2 of What If?. It confined why so much of Season 2 is more comical and also only borrowed from Black Widow and Shang-Chi for Phase 4 stuff because all the scripts were originally written in the first half of 2020 and so the writers wanted a break from bad **** and had only the scripts of those two films to work from. They also confirmed that they canned a very dark story with Spider-Man that was inspired by Children Of Men because of the pandemic.

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels...de-of-season-2

Both the Iron Man and Mandarin episodes were fun. The Mandarin episode could have used more Mandarin, though.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Now that it all has dropped I binged all 9 episodes yesterday.
    The first two episodes are largely GotG family oriented. Of the two I lean into episode 1 being my preferred episode, like Nebula and the Howard stuff was great. Sidekick Korg for the win!!
    Episode Three may just be my favorite of this whole batch of episodes. The Die Hard meta in story commentary was just excellent. Should not forget the scenes they intentionally spoofed as well.
    The only other episode I want to touch on is the intro of Kahhori in episode 6. I was a bit annoyed it was a subtitle fest but this is a newly created character for the larger MCU right? She has not appeared in print that my google-fu would tell me. Do I understand that the Tesseract energy is now a part of her, and the others for that matter, and she will be ageless or age slower?

I don't mind that Captain Carter is a dominant thread for the series cause we still get solid one-off episodes without her.
    This is a have your cake and eat it too type situation with the animated What If...? series and I'm ready for more.

Season 2 Grade: B+
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    They really need to change the name to The Further Adventures of Captain Carter.
    And I would be one million percent OK with that.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I'm still trying to figure out where the country of Carter is located in the MCU, and why no one ever mentions it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out where the country of Carter is located in the MCU, and why no one ever mentions it.
    It's a Maunsell Sea Fort off the Coast of England much like Sea Land which Peggy Commandeered during the War.

It's funny how they introduced her as "Captain Peggy Carter" as her Superhero name because it's literally just her name with a "Captain" in front of it .

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Now that it all has dropped I binged all 9 episodes yesterday.
    The first two episodes are largely GotG family oriented. Of the two I lean into episode 1 being my preferred episode, like Nebula and the Howard stuff was great. Sidekick Korg for the win!!
    Episode Three may just be my favorite of this whole batch of episodes. The Die Hard meta in story commentary was just excellent. Should not forget the scenes they intentionally spoofed as well.
    The only other episode I want to touch on is the intro of Kahhori in episode 6. I was a bit annoyed it was a subtitle fest but this is a newly created character for the larger MCU right? She has not appeared in print that my google-fu would tell me. Do I understand that the Tesseract energy is now a part of her, and the others for that matter, and she will be ageless or age slower?

I don't mind that Captain Carter is a dominant thread for the series cause we still get solid one-off episodes without her.
    This is a have your cake and eat it too type situation with the animated What If...? series and I'm ready for more.

Season 2 Grade: B+
    I liked Episode 6 with the Subtitles. I think there is an option for English Speaking or one is being added. And it's 20 minutes...Not like it's Crouching Tiger...The people complaining just complain for the sake of complaining.
    As for Kahhori, some speculate she is an ancestor to Echo. Yes she is a brand new character and may or may not be used in MCU or mainstream Marvel in the future. Though she may take off like Captain Carter has...Overall I loved the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah, have regularly thought that, in-universe, it would make a lot more sense if she were Captain Britain.

Of course, comics fans can immediate recognize the problem with that, so yeah, Captain Carter it is.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Didn't Loki tell us that the Infinity Stones don't work across realities and yet in What-If, they do...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Didn't Loki tell us that the Infinity Stones don't work across realities and yet in What-If, they do...
    They don't work in the TVA, but we know they work in other places, because we saw one work in the Dark Dimension in Doctor Strange, manipulating time in a dimension *that has no time.*

Mighty Member

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...if-studio-quit,

Not surprised about this. One more season from Bradley would've been nice, but hopefully another good writer or writers come in for season 3.