Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I enjoyed it overall. I actually liked how they used TFA as the story basis, with scenes changing due to the Peggy/Steve dynamic here.
    One thing to remember, these are being made for fans of the MCU, not comic fans.

Last scene obviously starts to set up a What If Avengers down the road.
    Indeed. You have to wonder where Captain Carter would come down on the whole Sokovia Accords thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Indeed. You have to wonder where Captain Carter would come down on the whole Sokovia Accords thing.
    I don't think they really expanded enough on how Peggy differed from Steve, so I feel like that would be something interesting to explore.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wonder how her relationship with Tony would be. Would it be as antagonistic as his relationship with Steve?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they really expanded enough on how Peggy differed from Steve, so I feel like that would be something interesting to explore.
    That was my thought as well. For that matter, would SHIELD's Project: Insight have troubled her enough to send Fury digging into the dark corners that surfaced Hydra in TWS?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder how her relationship with Tony would be. Would it be as antagonistic as his relationship with Steve?
    Given the relationship between Howard and Peggy I think Tony would treat her like an honorary Aunt, he have probably grown up with stories of her heroics.

The one story I would love to see in Season Two is if the Avengers had been formed twenty five years earlier in 1987. With Peggy Carter in the Nick Fury role with Mar-Vell, the Ancient One, Yondu, T-Chaka, Hank and Janet Pym and a teenage Tony as members.

Well, there's no Winter Soldier to take out the Stark's unless Hydra still takes over SHIELD and has them killed, and Howard built Iron Man before Tony did, so that might have big multiverse implications.

Well, there's no Winter Soldier to take out the Stark's unless Hydra still takes over SHIELD and has them killed, and Howard built Iron Man before Tony did, so that might have big multiverse implications.
    Having no Winter Soldier is why I was disappointed that Steve survived the train operation. He should have been Peggy's Winter Soldier.

Boisterously Confused

Hydra was infiltrating SHIELD, and Howard was likely on the same path of trying to duplicate Erskein's formula to replicate Cap...uh...Peggy. So, Winter Soldier or no, the Starks were still likely getting whacked.

Having no Winter Soldier is why I was disappointed that Steve survived the train operation. He should have been Peggy's Winter Soldier.
    I definitely feel like it would've been poignant if Bucky surviving lead to Steve dying on the train.
    Hydra was infiltrating SHIELD, and Howard was likely on the same path of trying to duplicate Erskein's formula to replicate Cap...uh...Peggy. So, Winter Soldier or no, the Starks were still likely getting whacked.
    Howard could've shifted his focus to trying to replicate the Hydro-Smasher or mass-produce it.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The Winter Soldier program would likely have still come into existence regardless of Bucky, or else HYDRA might have used contacts in the Red Room to assassinate Howard and Maria instead? Maybe even a young Natasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The Winter Soldier program would likely have still come into existence regardless of Bucky, or else HYDRA might have used contacts in the Red Room to assassinate Howard and Maria instead? Maybe even a young Natasha.
    Considering they got Zola earlier in the timeline, he might not have been able to develop the Winter Soldier program.

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/sc...loki-and-more/

Some scratched pitches for What If?. There's always series 2 .

Considering they got Zola earlier in the timeline, he might not have been able to develop the Winter Soldier program.
    We know Bucky was active as the Winter Soldier as early as the Korean War. Zola could have been involved in it's early stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given the relationship between Howard and Peggy I think Tony would treat her like an honorary Aunt, he have probably grown up with stories of her heroics.

The one story I would love to see in Season Two is if the Avengers had been formed twenty five years earlier in 1987. With Peggy Carter in the Nick Fury role with Mar-Vell, the Ancient One, Yondu, T-Chaka, Hank and Janet Pym and a teenage Tony as members.
    I'm sure Tony grew up on stories about Captain America. Didn't stop them from always butting heads. I can see a similar dynamic happening with Peggy but hitting different. I can see her comparing him to his dad being a constant source of conflict between them.

I'm sure Tony grew up on stories about Captain America. Didn't stop them from always butting heads. I can see a similar dynamic happening with Peggy but hitting different. I can see her comparing him to his dad being a constant source of conflict between them.
    I think Peggy would have less of Tony's @$%^ then Steve did...heck, Tony would probably flirt with her.