Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sinister War #1 preview

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY210482?Prevue=1

Funny to see MJ stand up to Tarantula mentioning their last fight. That fight from Amazing Mary Jane was so outlandish it's funny to think of it as canon but here we are. Guess it actually did happen. Although I'm not sure what she was thinking. She didn't have any movie prop sets to save her that time... good thing Spidey was there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY210482?Prevue=1

Funny to see MJ stand up to Tarantula mentioning their last fight. That fight from Amazing Mary Jane was so outlandish it's funny to think of it as canon but here we are. Guess it actually did happen. Although I'm not sure what she was thinking. She didn't have any movie prop sets to save her that time... good thing Spidey was there.
    Not much is shown.

I really hope Pete owns these guys.

This is the first time he's seen the Savage Six since Hunted? I think Peter mentioned in Miles' book that he was busy with them or something. He's at least fought Vulture a few times since then.

MJ looks gorgeous .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is the first time he's seen the Savage Six since Hunted? I think Peter mentioned in Miles' book that he was busy with them or something. He's at least fought Vulture a few times since then.

MJ looks gorgeous .
    An MJ who isn't gorgeous isn't MJ. Looking at you PS4 MJ. Peter is about to get jump by the arrival of Ock Sinister Six. I suspect another beating
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    An MJ who isn't gorgeous isn't MJ. Looking at you PS4 MJ. Peter is about to get jump by the arrival of Ock Sinister Six. I suspect another beating
    Not to mention sassy and feisty as they come (although PS4 MJ was that at least a little).

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

How many pages is this? I’d assume 30ish?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    This.
    I did find the actor thing a bit weird.I prefer her as a model tbh.
    I mean she kisses other people for the show and there was the whole Jerome thing.IRL it's not a prob(the show thing, Jerome stuff was a bit messed up , did she ever tell him?) but comic writers make(/made?) a big deal out of this, specially the Jerome stuff.

I really hope not.Peter should just go ballistic and own them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This.
    I mean she kisses other people for the show and there was the whole Jerome thing.IRL it's not a prob(the show thing, Jerome stuff was a bit messed up , did she ever tell him?) but comic writers make(/made?) a big deal out of this, specially the Jerome stuff.

I'm fine with model/actress...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This.

who is jerome i was talking about the ps4 game. is that one of her exes in the comics?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Meh art. Bagley was my favorite artist, bar none, during his ASM run in the 90s and USM run in the early 00s. I don’t know what happened to him, but I find his style so flat and dull now. It’s still identifiable as Bagley, but it’s like Diet Bagley stripped of all the dynamic angles and everything else that used to make his pencils so striking.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Meh art. Bagley was my favorite artist, bar none, during his ASM run in the 90s and USM run in the early 00s. I don’t know what happened to him, but I find his style so flat and dull now. It’s still identifiable as Bagley, but it’s like Diet Bagley stripped of all the dynamic angles and everything else that used to make his pencils so striking.
    Unfortunately I share this view, too. It was exciting seeing Bagley would be drawing ASM again but most of his work this run on interiors just hasn't been as sharp as the past. I like it, and it feels like home but just not the same I suppose (not that I'm asking for it to look the same, every artist evolves). I wonder if it's just one of those cases of artist's getting older and just not being able to go at it as crazy as they used to or if it's the inking and coloring pairings not meshing so good with the pencils.

Even back in the BND days I did not understand the inking and coloring pairings for JRJR. Klaus Janson is a legendary creator in his own right and frequent JRJR collaborator but I dunno, with his looser inks and the painterly Dean White coloring it just did not mesh right. Especially coming off of the boldness and brightness of how JRJR looked on the title just a few years prior.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Unfortunately I share this view, too. It was exciting seeing Bagley would be drawing ASM again but most of his work this run on interiors just hasn't been as sharp as the past. I like it, and it feels like home but just not the same I suppose (not that I'm asking for it to look the same, every artist evolves). I wonder if it's just one of those cases of artist's getting older and just not being able to go at it as crazy as they used to or if it's the inking and coloring pairings not meshing so good with the pencils.

Even back in the BND days I did not understand the inking and coloring pairings for JRJR. Klaus Janson is a legendary creator in his own right and frequent JRJR collaborator but I dunno, with his looser inks and the painterly Dean White coloring it just did not mesh right. Especially coming off of the boldness and brightness of how JRJR looked on the title just a few years prior.
    It's definitely a mixture of inks and colours. For me, I think it is the inks. A artist with a consistent inker doesn't need to be as detailed because they trust the inker to come in later and clean up their lines and embellish the layouts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    He needs a good, consistent inker. As good as a artist is, a great inker can come in and really clean up the lines/lay-outs. I liked Bagley on Ultimate when Thibert was doing inks and his Amazing was predominantly with Emberlin (Mahlstedt came on just prior to 400).