Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Harsh! But so bloody true! LOL

I'm not a staunch Tini-detractor by any stretch but...correct is right.

Why bring him along if all you're going to do is worry about his well-being while not focusing on the mission at hand? That makes no sense.
    Not trying to be harsh lol I really like Jubilee as character and actually do like Shogo but the way Howard is writing her feels like a disservice.

Excalibur was one of the first books to roll out at the beginning of this run I was really excited to see Betsy, Gambit, Rogue, and Jubilee on a team together with Apocalypse in a entire new status quo. I wanted to see where Tini took these characters in this Krakoa era and well it's been 21 issues and with the exception of Apoc I'm dissapointed to say the least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm crying cuz it's true LMAO

I don't know what how it's obsession is with making Jubilee look like the some paranoid irrational mother. You literally live on an island or all your closest friends and family members live easily asked one of them to watch Shogo for you while you go off on life-threatening adventures. If you want to make the argument that Krakoa gets attacked too often, ok fair, then drop him off in any one of the many habitats located around the world. What you don't do is keep taking your infant child to a dangerous Fantasyland what he's already been injured and turned into a Slave from being there!

Or hey an even better idea quit the Excalibur team and go settle down somewhere and be a mother if you really are afraid of letting Shogo out your sight.
    Yeah, that's weird.

Why would the young woman who lost her entire family and way of life on one fateful weekend be so terribly afraid of leaving her only son alone on an island full of people who used to be her enemies? I mean, this isn't at all what I'd expect from a girl who only got really serious about training after seeing just how vulnerable her superhero surrogate family was.

Look, I kid, but we all know the reason Jubilee would do that. The girl has issues with family loss and abandonment coming out the wazoo. The real issue is that writer is not going to have Jubilee face her issues. In fact, while I may not be reading the title currently, when I was they really didn't do much in terms of intensive character work. It was mainly just setting up new status quos and crossover stuff.

It would be one thing if she brought him along because she was afraid of leaving him around the island with all the murderers and crazy people (she only said something similar about Apocalypse, but still). But its another thing to take him to the EVERYTHING IS DEATH dimension that kills you by being there. And also, bring him in the form of the GIANT DRAGON THAT THE TEAM RIDES ON. There's putting a target on the kid, and then there's making him the biggest most obvious target of the group!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Yeah, that's weird.

Why would the young woman who lost her entire family and way of life on one fateful weekend be so terribly afraid of leaving her only son alone on an island full of people who used to be her enemies? I mean, this isn't at all what I'd expect from a girl who only got really serious about training after seeing just how vulnerable her superhero surrogate family was.

Look, I kid, but we all know the reason Jubilee would do that. The girl has issues with family loss and abandonment coming out the wazoo. The real issue is that writer is not going to have Jubilee face her issues. In fact, while I may not be reading the title currently, when I was they really didn't do much in terms of intensive character work. It was mainly just setting up new status quos and crossover stuff.
    See it doesn't really add up though. She lived at the Jean Grey School which constantly got attacked by enemies. She could place Shogo in anyone of Krakao's habitats place all around the world and ask anyone of her close friends to watch him while she goes on missions. She could even have a house off the main island in any city in the world and have one her friends watch him. For someone who cares about his personal well-being why does she keep bringing him on dangerous missions especially after being wounded and mind controlled by Saturnyne crazy self? I mean they're literally in a realm where the LIFEFORCE of a person can be leeched off of them.

And that's my problem with Howard's writing of Jubilee she comes off completely irrational.

Astonishing Member

See it doesn't really add up though. She lived at the Jean Grey School which constantly got attacked by enemies. She could place Shogo in anyone of Krakao's habitats place all around the world and ask anyone of her close friends to watch him while she goes on missions. She could even have a house off the main island in any city in the world and have one her friends watch him. For someone who cares about his personal well-being why does she keep bringing him on dangerous missions especially after being wounded and mind controlled by Saturnyne crazy self? I mean they're literally in a realm where the LIFEFORCE of a person can be leeched off of them.

And that's my problem with Howard's writing of Jubilee she comes off completely irrational.
    Okay, so I thought the "Apocalypse reason" was still standing. But maybe it doesn't cut the mustard anymore. But after all, I did stop reading this title [quickly checks Comixology] FIVE MONTHS AGO. Wow, did not realize it was that long ago.

BANNED

If you really want to go there mutant children, including Megan’s unborn baby can be resurrected. Shogo is human and cannot be resurrected by the 5.

Mighty Member

You would think after the Gala issue Betsy would be more concerned with the relationship between her and England and getting in touch with Pete after he left with the Clan. The fall out of Rictor creating an island with the lighthouse. But yeah, let’s look at crystals in Otherworld.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    If you really want to go there mutant children, including Megan’s unborn baby can be resurrected. Shogo is human and cannot be resurrected by the 5.
    The 5 could clone/replicate his body just fine. All they need would be a prepared DNA sample. It's that as normal(?)... human without X-gene, Cerebro isn't tuned to make memory backups of his mind. Therefor all they can create would be an empty husk but his memories and soul would be lost unless other means are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    You would think after the Gala issue Betsy would be more concerned with the relationship between her and England and getting in touch with Pete after he left with the Clan. The fall out of Rictor creating an island with the lighthouse. But yeah, let’s look at crystals in Otherworld.
    For real! Instead Excalibur is serving as tour guides and Betsy is arrogantly mouthing off to people that actually live in this death land about her "right" to be there(which has pretty much been her main characterization from the beginning of this series). At this point I am not sure Howard is ever going to let Betsy actually be a good and competent Captain Britain or finally get on top of things. Instead of proving herself and actually trying to be a help to England and Otherworld she is helping Krakoa exploit yet another land.
    Last edited by thjan; 07-11-2021 at 10:28 AM.

^^
    For reals…this is getting dragged out. I’d hoped after the Gala, we’d wrap up the Brexit/Druid/LeFay situation in one story arc and the book can get put to bed. Pink crystals and Doom do not instill hope that this will come to a conclusion.

Re: Jubilee situation…I can’t rationalize using your one-year-old infant as your mode of transportation. Even in the Marvel Universe, certain things are expected to “work” in a certain way. Baby-riding takes a level of suspension of disbelief that I don’t possess.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    ^^
    For reals…this is getting dragged out. I’d hoped after the Gala, we’d wrap up the Brexit/Druid/LeFay situation in one story arc and the book can get put to bed. Pink crystals and Doom do not instill hope that this will come to a conclusion.

Re: Jubilee situation…I can’t rationalize using your one-year-old infant as your mode of transportation. Even in the Marvel Universe, certain things are expected to “work” in a certain way. Baby-riding takes a level of suspension of disbelief that I don’t possess.
    But It's Tini's DnD fanfic, anything can happen!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    ^^

Yeah. This is what I'm having a serious problem. Meggan can get a babysitter for Maggie, but Jubilee can't get one for Shogo? They could - I don't know - USE THE SAME BABYSITTER.

THE CHILD ALMOST GOT KILLED. By Saturnyne, nonetheless... WHO THEN HELD HIM RANSOM.

1.) Dragon or no dragon, there is no way Shogo should ever be in Otherworld again.

2.) As protective as Jubilee is - even of Wolverine, who can clearly take care of himself - it makes no sense WHATSOEVER that she would constantly be exposing her child to danger on that level. (I think we should all pretend Battle of the Atom never happened... much like most of the crossovers over the past few years.)

Howard, I'm really trying... but this is seriously turning me off.

If there was any Jubilee justice, Shogo would be terrorizing Maggie at Braddock Manor while she's on missions. There would also have been conflict between Betsy and Jubilee over the latter reducing the Starlight Citadel to radioactive rubble because the Majestrix keeps on TARGETING HER CHILD. (Yeah, we know Saturnyne would retaliate and there would be diplomatic stuff going on and whatnot, but for real... Merlin and Roma could have nipped that in the bud.)

Glad Rogue escaped at least. Half of the Blue Team and there's no chemistry whatsoever.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Yeah. This is what I'm having a serious problem. Meggan can get a babysitter for Maggie, but Jubilee can't get one for Shogo? They could - I don't know - USE THE SAME BABYSITTER.

THE CHILD ALMOST GOT KILLED. By Saturnyne, nonetheless... WHO THEN HELD HIM RANSOM.

1.) Dragon or no dragon, there is no way Shogo should ever be in Otherworld again.

2.) As protective as Jubilee is - even of Wolverine, who can clearly take care of himself - it makes no sense WHATSOEVER that she would constantly be exposing her child to danger on that level. (I think we should all pretend Battle of the Atom never happened... much like most of the crossovers over the past few years.)

Howard, I'm really trying... but this is seriously turning me off.

If there was any Jubilee justice, Shogo would be terrorizing Maggie at Braddock Manor while she's on missions. There would also have been conflict between Betsy and Jubilee over the latter reducing the Starlight Citadel to radioactive rubble because the Majestrix keeps on TARGETING HER CHILD. (Yeah, we know Saturnyne would retaliate and there would be diplomatic stuff going on and whatnot, but for real... Merlin and Roma could have nipped that in the bud.)

Glad Rogue escaped at least. Half of the Blue Team and there's no chemistry whatsoever.
    Hell at this point Maggie could be the babysitter. She's technically younger than Shogo (as in she was born far after him) yet she's been aged up to a toddler. I get how her powers work in terms of brain and maturity but if she's a toddler Shogo should be as well. It would make more sense that a toddler would love to go to a land where he's a dragon than an infant.

Sad thing is, there’d be more of a clap back if Gambit brought his cats to Literal Death Valley. Animal abuse somehow trumps child abuse (ask me about how I tried to get my professional org to support a charity giving socks/underwear to kids who had none versus the charity they ultimately went with - knitting blankets for shelter dogs, and you can watch fire shoot out of my eyes. I love animals too, but jeebus). I think I’d rather ride a bunch of Battle Cats around than a baby, but what do I know. Betsy did say cats were lucky…she’s right. Super lucky they don’t have to be used for pony rides. Again, it’s too much of a departure from believability to be taken seriously as a plot point. It doesn’t make me want to root for Jubilee as a mom or Betsy as team leader to let this continue.

Astonishing Member

…I want to see the cats turn into Battle Cats now…with big sabretooth fangs and armor…