Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This looks very interesting. I hope we finally do get to explore all the Otherworld realms and characters. I know Betsy has a lot on her plate with the Coven-shyts but I really wouldn't mind something similar to the original Excalibur's Cross-Time caper...in spirit if not tone.

ugh!...why is Beast there? Eww.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    This book as burned me too many times. But yay, Gambit did something ... pretty similar to what his doppelganger did previously, but still something. I continue to hate her dialogue for him though. It's gonna take much more than this preview to win me back as a reader.

Wholeheartedly agree. I've been off the Excalibur train since the XOS event.This is issue 22 and she's just now getting around to Gambit POSSIBLY doing something of use or utilizing his vast skillset.I may pick this up to check it out but I'm not getting my hopes up.If she delves and explores more of Otherworld with a cast that she actually wants to use,that would at least be an olive branch for me to pick this back up.What are we going to wait for another 10 before Jubilee does something?

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

on Comixology they don't show this cover, it is a hidden cover...is this the real cover?

Really wish Betts would ditch the helmet...really dislike it

So yeah the preview intrigued me. Also having Meggan with them will be fun.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    So yeah the preview intrigued me. Also having Meggan with them will be fun.
    And isn't Meggan supposedly pregnant? (as implied by Nightcrawler at the Gala) Being in Blightspoke could be particularly interesting and/or problematic if that's the case for her.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Hm, many mentions of Death here and Gambit likes it just fine.
    No! Please, please no! I can not stand the Death persona. I am hoping we never see it again. Even for those that are interested in it, do you really want Howard to be the one to deal with it?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I can't quite tell what Gambit actually did there. The art made it look like the bullet was inches from his face, but then he.....swings down and explodes something at his feet? And now the bullet is a few feet away?
    In Howard's stewardship of the character Gambit apparently has the new ability to stop projectiles(and somehow absorb the energy or something?). She had an alternate Gambit in Excalibur #10 do something similar with an actual missile.
    Last edited by thjan; 07-08-2021 at 09:21 PM.

So it seems this sheriff is tied to Blightspoke. Witch would mean that when she talks about stealing it's the crystals(the things of value there) that she is concerned about. So it's Beast that is the boy.

Or it's the more indirect solution that this is tied into the old theft, a word I'm only using very loosly, that Gambit performed way back in some issue before the whole Swords debacle. Then she is a very literal sherif under Saturnyne. Then it's a bit... late and out of nowhere. Seeing that the theft hasn't been mentioned or hinted at since then. At least not to my recollection.

Overall Gambits powermove leaves me worried. It doesn't feel like Gambit. It's hard to understand what he actually did and while Gambit has allways been fast this is bordering Superman fast. Last time something like this happened it was from an alternative version and it didn't lead anywhere.
    Last edited by Malachi; 07-09-2021 at 01:48 AM.

Whitechapel just scream bad azz character man

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I can't quite tell what Gambit actually did there. The art made it look like the bullet was inches from his face, but then he.....swings down and explodes something at his feet? And now the bullet is a few feet away?

"Diplomatically necessary" Lol, you're clearly here to steal stuff and research.
    Gambit's power is that he can "charge" things that he touches with kinetic energy so that they explode, right? It's not that much of a stretch that he could redirect an object in flight by putting kinetic energy into it on contact. In fact it's actually quite a cool concept becase he could knock someone flying just by kicking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Gambit's power is that he can "charge" things that he touches with kinetic energy so that they explode, right? It's not that much of a stretch that he could redirect an object in flight by putting kinetic energy into it on contact. In fact it's actually quite a cool concept becase he could knock someone flying just by kicking them.
    Whatever he does is a new use of his powers and requires speed on a level that is on speedster levels. Can Quicksilver react to a bullet that close to him?

How long has Gambit talked in third person like that? I know it was a thing in the cartoons, but this is the first time it’s stuck out to me in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    And isn't Meggan supposedly pregnant? (as implied by Nightcrawler at the Gala) Being in Blightspoke could be particularly interesting and/or problematic if that's the case for her.
    Ah good point. That could be very interesting in this realm that literally leeches life.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    How long has Gambit talked in third person like that? I know it was a thing in the cartoons, but this is the first time it’s stuck out to me in the comics.
    I think he did during the Claremont days on occasion, but his 90’s cartoon voice clicked into place immediately.

This is good though. If the rest of the book is as good as these pages, I have hope that this book can be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    No! Please, please no! I can not stand the Death persona. I am hoping we never see it again. Even for those that are interested in it, do you really want Howard to be the one to deal with it?
    IMO, she's not really writing his true persona either. If it turned out he was possessed/a Skrull/telepathically controlled/a clone, I'd be like, ohhhh, that makes sense now!

j/k, no you have a valid opinion and we are in perfect agreement. just sayin'...why would he like a dead-zone? but then again, why would he like living in a Lighthouse without his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    So it seems this sheriff is tied to Blightspoke. Witch would mean that when she talks about stealing it's the crystals(the things of value there) that she is concerned about. So it's Beast that is the boy.
    Sheriff lady has bad aim. The bullet was heading right towards Gambit's eyeball. Beast was in the scope, but I think that was a red herring (where everyone screamed, yes, shoot him!).

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I think he did during the Claremont days on occasion, but his 90’s cartoon voice clicked into place immediately.
    I understood he used 3rd person speak to replace "me" rather than "I." "Let ol' Remy help you with that, chere." NicoPony really hates third-person speak.

I couldn't make sense of Gambit's power move either. I was just happy he was shown to be quick on his feet again.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It seems as though he caught the bullet, charged it and exploded it all in one move. Noiiice.
    Marco To's art is really perfect for these High Fantasy stories.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!