Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Such a random pairing. I'm here for it though.

Astonishing Member

Neat.

You don't tend to see a lot of pairing up with Aquaman and Green Arrow, but they're both "The Other" Golden Age Leaguers who both debuted in More Fun Comics # 73. Sure, there's a Trinity, and there's the Brave and Bold Silver Age Barry and Hal. Martian Manhunter is unofficially the other "Silver Age Guy". When it comes to celebratory team-ups though, these guys definitely haven't really gotten their due - so getting to celebrate their "Comic Book Birthday" together with a mini suits me fine and should at least have interesting interactions.

Arthur and Ollie have a lot in common besides puns about "king and Queen". Legendary Titan sidekicks Roy and Garth. Legendary long-term love interests who are two of the baddest ass DC women by a long shot. Emiko and Jackson are familiar with one another these days, sidekicks who are the children of their greatest enemies like Arrowette and Jackson, sidekicks who are damaged outcasts like Lorena and Mia, and on and on down the line. Plenty of neat touches they can play with in that Anniversary/Celebratory sense.

I'm curious about story itself and plot and what might come of it. Will there be a villain team-up, too? Which would be the coolest in that regard?

Extra credit points to the writer if in dialogue one of them actually says something like "This is more fun." (WINK WINK)
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm more surprised how okay people are with him not wearing a shirt all the time for weirdly late movie synergy.
    I thought it balanced out Hawkman wearing a shirt for a while.
    Guess we can let him go back to being the shirtless DC hero again.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I'm confused as to why fans throw a fit over Aquaman being shirtless.
    Who's throwing a fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I thought it balanced out Hawkman wearing a shirt for a while.
    Guess we can let him go back to being the shirtless DC hero again.
    Well, at least until this series .

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who's throwing a fit?
    It just seems like folks are bitter behind Aquaman not wearing a piece of clothing. That's all. I respect all views, even if i don't agree with them.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Neat.

You don't tend to see a lot of pairing up with Aquaman and Green Arrow, but they're both "The Other" Golden Age Leaguers who both debuted in More Fun Comics # 73. Sure, there's a Trinity, and there's the Brave and Bold Silver Age Barry and Hal. Martian Manhunter is unofficially the other "Silver Age Guy". When it comes to celebratory team-ups though, these guys definitely haven't really gotten their due - so getting to celebrate their "Comic Book Birthday" together with a mini suits me fine and should at least have interesting interactions.

Arthur and Ollie have a lot in common besides puns about "king and Queen". Legendary Titan sidekicks Roy and Garth. Legendary long-term love interests who are two of the baddest ass DC women by a long shot. Emiko and Jackson are familiar with one another these days, sidekicks who are the children of their greatest enemies like Arrowette and Jackson, sidekicks who are damaged outcasts like Lorena and Mia, and on and on down the line. Plenty of neat touches they can play with in that Anniversary/Celebratory sense.

I'm curious about story itself and plot and what might come of it. Will there be a villain team-up, too? Which would be the coolest in that regard?

Extra credit points to the writer if in dialogue one of them actually says something like "This is more fun." (WINK WINK)
    Huh.
    I'd never even thought about this, but you're spot on!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It just seems like folks are bitter behind Aquaman not wearing a piece of clothing. That's all. I respect all views, even if i don't agree with them.
    I think I'm more tired of it than bitter...although I complain about it frequently .

People get protective of the characters they love and are resistant to change.....(I confess I'm like that, if Ollie shaves his goatee.... I'm not a happy camper)

I've met lots of die hard Aquaman fans who insist on the orange top, myself, I like him shirtless with a hook hand.....makes him more sexy!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    People get protective of the characters they love and are resistant to change.....(I confess I'm like that, if Ollie shaves his goatee.... I'm not a happy camper)

I've met lots of die hard Aquaman fans who insist on the orange top, myself, I like him shirtless with a hook hand.....makes him more sexy!
    I guess the intention is this Aquaman is the most "chill" Aquaman.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Definitely down for that.

I'm not seeing any bitterness here. I feel you might be projecting.

Extraordinary Member

Aquaman/Green Arrow: Deep Targey #1 Variant by Ivan Reiss and Joe Prado

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Aquaman/Green Arrow: Deep Targey #1 Variant by Ivan Reiss and Joe Prado

Both of them looking their best! Man I miss that Aquaman .

Aquaman to shark: I need you to jump up in the air.
    Shark: What for? Are we fighting some bad guy?
    Aquaman: Um... no. We're just doing cool poses for a cover.
    Shark: Dude, I'm in. Wait, what's Green Arrow doing here?
    Aquaman: We're sharing the book.
    Shark: Can I eat him?
    Aquaman: .... Let's see how the first few issues go.