Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    There was also like a decade plus between Perez and Rucka’s first run.

Yeah, there’s gonna be in some inconsistencies.
    Too many inconsistencies. Cheetah has never been consistently portrayed as a credible threat to a high tier. Not even in WW's book. So WW writers are to blame too.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The Perez first fight had WW unable to move a tree. So Cheetah being as strong as WW in that issue did not make her impressive if WW couldn't handle the weight of a tree. And more experience shouldn't negate durability. WW puting Cheetah down in 3 hits doesn't make her look like somebody around WW's level stats. Main WW writers are to blame for not portraying Cheetah as a real powerhouses in many stories, where WW usually makes quick work of Cheetah(which is the case in 90% of their battles).
    You're referring to a comic which had Cheetah blitz past Wonder Woman, Donna, and Supergirl undetected despite having committed mass murder at a super-max prison, easily toss Wonder Woman around and Wonder Woman took her out in 3 hits after she cut Cheetah's tail off and was bleeding out, which she couldn't do until Cheetah took her eyes off of Wonder Woman because she wanted to snack on some nearby guards...

Plus 3 hits to the head isn't minor when you swing in the same weight class.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-09-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    You're referring to a comic which had Cheetah blitz past Wonder Woman, Donna, and Supergirl undetected despite having committed mass murder at a super-max prison, easily toss Wonder Woman around and Wonder Woman took her out in 3 hits after she cut Cheetah's tail off and was bleeding out, which she couldn't do until Cheetah took her eyes off of Wonder Woman because she wanted to snack on some nearby guards...

Plus 3 hits to the head isn't minor when you swing in the same weight class.
    Yeah I agree with this.
    Last edited by Perseus; 07-11-2021 at 08:26 PM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

The Perez first fight had WW unable to move a tree. So Cheetah being as strong as WW in that issue did not make her impressive if WW couldn't handle the weight of a tree. And more experience shouldn't negate durability. WW puting Cheetah down in 3 hits doesn't make her look like somebody around WW's level stats. Main WW writers are to blame for not portraying Cheetah as a real powerhouses in many stories, where WW usually makes quick work of Cheetah(which is the case in 90% of their battles).
    It's possible that Diana didn't know the full extent of her powers at that point or they just weren't properly developed. Messner-Loebs later established that she couldn't use her powers growing up at Themyscira because of Hippolyta's enchantment, so they were relatively new to her.

As for the fight in Rucka’s run, something was up with Cheetah's powers (look at the left hand), so she probably wasn't at her full strength

And as far as her feats go:

Standing chill, holding the lasso with one hand

Breaking free from the lasso

"The perfect storm"

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post

"The perfect storm"
    Where is the last one from?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post

"The perfect storm"
    The first perez fight is undermined by WW not being able to lift a tree. That same WW had already lifted far heavier things before that fight.

The other 2 scans are some of the only few times where Cheetah got the upper hand. My point is. That WW writers need to focus on Cheetah's power more. If she is anywhere close to WW's stats. We need to actually see it more often. And then maybe Cheetah won't be such a jobber in most appearances outside of WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where is the last one from?
    Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman #13

Cheetah's strength is 95% of the time relegated to fighting evenly with Diana. She isn't going to have a lot of lifting feats.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Cheetah's strength is 95% of the time relegated to fighting evenly with Diana. She isn't going to have a lot of lifting feats.
    Most of the time, Cheetah is not shown as fighting evenly with WW. I would say that based on all we have heard about Cheetah. She should be faster than WW. Not as strong as WW but close enough to trade blows with her. Problem is that more often than not. Cheetah is not presented as a character capable of giving WW much of a fight. Which sucks because she is supposed to be powerful enough to do so. If WW writers don't start making the power of her villains feel like a big deal. Then there is even less hope outside WW comics. And for that we also need to see a Diana that feels like a powerhouse herself. Because she has been pathetically weak in most of her latest runs(and comics outside her title too)

I bet we wouldn't be able to make it to 2 pages in a thread about Cheetah's good performances. That is how badly she is treated from comics to movies.

I bet we wouldn't be able to make it to 2 pages in a thread about Cheetah's good performances. That is how badly she is treated from comics to movies.
    Why don't you give some examples of the fights that made you admire cheetah's power level.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Why don't you give some examples of the fights that made you admire cheetah's power level.
    Isn't the problem that DC pays lip service to Cheetah being uber-powerful (like in their official power rankins and listicles about the company's characters) but DC writers never allow her to BE uber-powerful?

I have no idea what power rankings you are talking about and I don't see why people care about them. This isn't fantasy football.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I have no idea what power rankings you are talking about and I don't see why people care about them. This isn't fantasy football.
    It isn't? The way some people talk about this stuff....