Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Mikel Janin.

He was actually a guest artist for a few Wonder Woman issues not long ago. (#759-760 I believe)
    Thanks! Now I recognize the style.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Oddly, the back has Nightwing vs Catwoman...

Also, I have been quite satisfied with the lack of Cheetah jobbing since Rebirth. I think part of that is from Geoff Johns, who, despite my dislike of his portrayal of Wonder Woman in the comics, is the only writer to have Cheetah 1 v 6 the League. (Also Johns loves cat themed characters, am I the only one who has noticed that? He really likes Wildcat too, gave him a werecat son and everything... had Wildcat's daughter as a main character in Stargirl...co-created Dex-starr the house-cat red lantern.. anyways) I don't really have much to complain about, I think I got it all out of my system a while ago.

I mean, Cheetah killed two gods...

Man, you can tell they gave up trying to make the pairings match when they got Vixen and Lobo.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Where have Circe and Ares been treated as the arch enemies in recent years? Circe's barely appeared in the WW books since the New 52 started, and Ares hasn't been a villain since that time either.
    Yeah, that seems like wishful thinking. DC has really been pushing Cheetah as Diana's archenemy since the early Rebirth issues.

In no particular order:

- sexism
    - lack of knowledge about the character
    - bad influence of her poor showings in the more mainstream stuff (DCAU)
    - cheetahs aren't seen as particularly threatening animals

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    In no particular order:

- sexism
    - lack of knowledge about the character
    - bad influence of her poor showings in the more mainstream stuff (DCAU)
    - cheetahs aren't seen as particularly threatening animals
    Give that jungle theme she has accuracy.... rename her Jaguar
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

BANNED

Cheetah's biggest problem is that he seems like a stupid character, his appearance is that of a minor villain, a joke villain, I am not saying this with the intention of offending, I am not a fan of ww, I do not follow his stories, that is why I do not know Cheetah's real capabilities, but when I see WW vs a kitten, I am not impressed, it does not seem like a threat and in the comics the image is very important, so I think that for Cheetah to become a villain worthy of WW and for So much worthy of forming from the trinity of villains, there are only 2 ways.
    1: an iconic story that defines your character and power.
    2: a makeover, something that makes her look more threatening.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I think it really stems around creators not doing their research on the character as when Perez introduced the Barbara Minerva version of the Cheetah, she was shown to be a powerhouse with the ability to easily challenge Diana. If most other writers had followed suit(both in and out of WW comics) we probably wouldn't be discussing this today. Some writers did their homework like Phil Jimenez, Greg Rucka, Alex Ross, and Geoff Johns. Other writers treated Barbara like she was still just a crazy lady in a cat-themed costume and had her get punched by Batman, Catwoman, and Green Arrow which shouldn't really be possible if they had stuck to Perez's script. Another thing to add is that it's not just Cheetah who gets this treatment as virtually all of WW's villains that have appeared outside her comic have been taken out by lesser-powered heroes at one point or another. Many comic creators don't seem to have much respect for a female hero's villains.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

What impressive feats of strength has Cheetah ever had (aside from slashing Diana and throwing her around).

And when did writers define her durability?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What impressive feats of strength has Cheetah ever had (aside from slashing Diana and throwing her around).

And when did writers define her durability?
    A few off the top of my head:

• Killed Aphrodite and Poseidon.
    • Lifted a tree out of the ground to bat Diana around with.
    • Basically unmade Wonder Woman in Alex Ross's Justice.
    • Turned Superman into an enslaved cheetah-person, then subsequently beat the Justice League on her own and allowed herself to be captured.
    • Easily beat Superman in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
    • Fast enough to cut Flash's tendon which stops him from being able to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

• Turned Superman into an enslaved cheetah-person, then subsequently beat the Justice League on her own and allowed herself to be captured.
    Sebastian also single handedly beat Superman with Cheetah's powers too.

Cheetah is basically a Flash level speedster with the strength and durability to fight Wonder Woman. On top of her intelligence, unnatural divine senses, claws and teeth capable of carving virtually anything, and healing factor.

BANNED

From what I have read in the comments, there are statements and a couple of feats, but Cheetah's normal level seems to be quite weak, those of you who know the character, what is his level taking into account the most repeated feats.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    From what I have read in the comments, there are statements and a couple of feats, but Cheetah's normal level seems to be quite weak, those of you who know the character, what is his level taking into account the most repeated feats.
    Ok 1) its she not he. and 2) Cheetah is a powerhouse, her "normal level" is fighting evenly with Diana who herself is an above planetary level character.

Cheetah also survived for like, a year in a Cthulhu space dimension until some rando scientists teleported her out.

That's a feat no-one ever talks about, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I specifically asked about strength feats. And I did love that idea from Alex Ross. In fact, I like lots of aspects of what Ross did.

I don't think lifting a tree is particularly impressive. And four of those things happened in the last 10 years.