Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Heck, Genocide sucks as a villain, but she at least shows what massive strength looks like.
    IMG_20210804_131816.jpgIMG_20210804_132047.jpg

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Heck, Genocide sucks as a villain, but she at least shows what massive strength looks like.
    IMG_20210804_131816.jpgIMG_20210804_132047.jpg
    Genocide best feasts of strength are yet again fighting with Diana. Nothing else she did showed massive strength as you say.

In terms of strength. It is the writers who keep saying Cheetah is strong enough to battle Diana. Jenkins even said that Cheetah was stronger than Diana in WW84. So maybe it is the writers who need to be more consistent with their statements. Or stop saying that Cheetah is strong enough to battle WW. Not to mention that a character can be a powerhouse for different reasons. Strength is not the only factor. Flash doesn't have the strength of WW or SM. But he is a powerhouse in his own right because of his speed. So even if Cheetah is not as strong as WW. She should still be portrayed as a powerhouse. Something that WW84 did not do. And other writers that have peak humans beating her also don't do.

I don't consider power levels to be one of the criteria for good or bad writing. You can, if that's your prerogative, but I don't. That's why I said that you and I have very different definitions of bad writing.

Look at what Shim'tar vs Diana was like in #34 and #35 and compare it to the Cheetah fight in #31(Savage Moon)

Attachment 112160
    Attachment 112161
    Attachment 112162
    A character being able to match somebody with far bigger stats with no explanation is bad writing. It is bad writing when batman and deathstroke cause WW troube. And it is bad writing for Cheetah to lose against them as well. Batman and deathstroke are not sold as characters that posses great strength. WW is. And Cheetah her villain, is consistently sold by writers as somebody that can physically battle her. That is the difference. Unless you have evidence of batman and deathstroke being consistently called physically strong to battle with WW, the way Cheetah is. Then the situation is not the same.

She threw Diana so far and with such power that the shockwave from Diana slamming into the ground threw those cars in the air. She didn't even touch the cars. That's power my man. Cheetah is no comparison. The only thing we know is that Cheetah is stronger than Bane, that's it. I hope one day your fantasy of an uber powerful Cheetah comes true, but she has never been that. Look at Shim'tar vs Diana three issues after Savage Moon to see what it's like when Perez draws a powerhouse.

So even if Cheetah is not as strong as WW. She should still be portrayed as a powerhouse. Something that WW84 did not do. And other writers that have peak humans beating her also don't do.
    What are you talking about? Cheetah WAS as strong as Diana in the movie

https://imgur.com/a/Ep9xJVq
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-04-2021 at 10:42 AM.

She threw Diana so far and with such power that the shockwave from Diana slamming into the ground threw those cars in the air. She didn't even touch the cars. That's power my man. Cheetah is no comparison. The only thing we know is that Cheetah is stronger than Bane, that's it. I hope one day your fantasy of an uber powerful Cheetah comes true, but she has never been that. Look at Shim'tar vs Diana three issues after Savage Moon to see what it's like when Perez draws a powerhouse.

What are you talking about? Cheetah WAS as strong as Diana in the movie

Attachment 112181
    You called that super strong? Please shockwave that toss cars around is hardly super strong.

Cheetah was not as strong as WW in WW84. Where is the proof? WW literally overpowered her. She grabbed her and Cheetah couldn't break free from her grab.

And not you posting a scan of Cheetah tossing WW around in WW84. When you are the same person that says all of Cheetah's battles against WW in comics do not prove that Cheetah is super strong.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    You called that super strong? Please shockwave that toss cars around is hardly super strong.
    oh please. I asked you to give me one example of something impressive that Cheetah has done, and the only thing you can point to is her throwing Diana around, which many others have also done. You may want her to be super powerful, but she isn't

Cheetah was not as strong as WW in WW84. Where is the proof? WW literally overpowered her. She grabbed her and Cheetah couldn't break free from her grab.
    Nevermind. I forgot that it happens near the end of the fight. You are right about Diana being stronger.

And not you posting a scan of Cheetah tossing WW around in WW84. When you are the same person that says all of Cheetah's battles against WW in comics do not prove that Cheetah is super strong.
    Hey, I'm using your logic, not mine

oh please. I asked you to give me one example of something impressive that Cheetah has done, and the only thing you can point to is her throwing Diana around, which many others have also done. You may want her to be super powerful, but she isn't

Nevermind. I forgot that it happens near the end of the fight. You are right about Diana being stronger.

Hey, I'm using your logic, not mine
    You are not using logic at all. There is a huge diffference between WW getting tossed around by characters like deathstroke and batman. And characters with actual super strength doing the same. Cheetah is powered up by a God. Those other characters aren't. Cheetah is consistently stated and shown to trade blows with WW. The others do not. See? Consistency is the key. And Cheetah doesn't have to match Diana in strength to be a powerhouse. Flash is a powerhouse and he doesn't match WW strength. Storm is a powerhouse and she doesn't have super strength. Cheetah could just be a speedster with magic fangs and claws. And that should be enough to make her a powerhouse. In the same way that other speedsters are shown to be powerful and able to cause trouble to heavy hitters thanks to their speed. So my question is valid. Why some writers fail to portray Cheetah as a powerhouse? Seems like you can't answer the question. You can only bring up poor writing about characters with no super strength causing WW trouble in some stories. As if that was a valid way to prove anything.

So what if the Barbara Minerva version of Cheetah is powered by a god? So are many other characters. That doesn't make them super powerful, it just gives them some power. And I agree that Barbara Minerva should be fast, as she has been in her history. What she hasn't been is a power house in terms of strength. That's all.

So what if the Barbara Minerva version of Cheetah is powered by a god? So are many other characters. That doesn't make them super powerful, it just gives them some power. And I agree that Barbara Minerva should be fast, as she has been in her history. What she hasn't been is a power house in terms of strength. That's all.
    What characters with god like powers aren't powerful? Outside of current WW of course.

A powerhouse can be defined by more than strength. Cheetah is said to be one of the fastest beings in DC. So she should be a powerhouse in the same way that other speedsters. Also she is durable enough to take blows from WW. So how her durability can't be low. So yes, Cheetah is supposed to be a powerhouse. And it hasn't have to do with strength but her other abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    What characters with god like powers aren't powerful? Outside of current WW of course.
    when was Cheetah called "god like"? I think you are making stuff up.

A powerhouse can be defined by more than strength. Cheetah is said to be one of the fastest beings in DC.
    said by who? Who said that she was one of the fastest beings in the universe? She's not even as fast as Superman.

Barbara was shown to have equal strength with Diana in her first ever appearance as Cheetah. So if Diana is a powerhouse, logically so is Cheetah.

when was Cheetah called "god like"? I think you are making stuff up.

said by who? Who said that she was one of the fastest beings in the universe? She's not even as fast as Superman.

Cheetah's bio. She was given powers by a God.

Said by WW, Martianmanhunter, Zoom etc.

https://i.imgur.com/WFmyIrqh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BinQuft.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/pJ6YMro.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ISKD84N.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/axxsMrdh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Jbj5SxFh.jpg

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...ah_s_speed.jpg

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...12f0168f715f8f

None of those things state that Cheetah is "god like". The first image isn't even Barbara Minerva. Most of the things you posted are from a storyline where Zoom powers up Cheetah. And like I said, Cheetah isn't even as fast as Superman, much less the Flash. But anyway, I don't mind Cheetah being fast, I just take issue with you claiming that CheetahCheetah's strength is understated in most stories.

None of those things state that Cheetah is "god like". The first image isn't even Barbara Minerva. Most of the things you posted are from a storyline where Zoom powers up Cheetah. And like I said, Cheetah isn't even as fast as Superman, much less the Flash. But anyway, I don't mind Cheetah being fast, I just take issue with you claiming that CheetahCheetah's strength is understated in most stories.
    Cheetah's powers come from a God.

Zoom did not boost Cheetah. He trained her to increase her speed which she did. I said one of the fastest beings in DC. Which she is according to writers that compare her speed to WW. Isn't Diana super fast now? Maybe you have a problem with that too. And i posted an official rank where Cheetah placed at number 6. Above other super fast characters like shazam and WW. So yea. Cheetah is supposed to be a super fast character. Also Cheetah's durability is high enough to take an elephant gunshot to the head at blain point rank unharmed. And to take hits from a going all out WW. So Cheetah is obviously pretty tanky herself. Which once again means that she is supposed to be a powerhouse.

Many characters get their powers from gods, that doesn't mean that they have god like strength. Ares alone has created tons of minions of the decades. How do you not accept this?

Cheetah has moderate super strength. She is above Bane, but at most she is at the level of Blockbuster and Clayface since all her feats are just throwing around Diana (these villains have done the same thing). Of course she is more powerful than Catwoman and Batman, but that still doesn't mean much. Solomon Grundy has been stronger than Superman but Batman still usually fights Solomon Grundy without issue.

Genocide and Shim'tar for example are far more powerful than Cheetah has ever been.

But this discussion is both boring and exausting, so I quit. There's nothing interesting or intellectual or fun about screaming power levels at each other. This is just plain nonsense and a waste of time and space.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-04-2021 at 12:30 PM.