Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Ok 1) its she not he. and 2) Cheetah is a powerhouse, her "normal level" is fighting evenly with Diana who herself is an above planetary level character.
    1: fault of the translator.
    2: I remember seeing her at that level in a JL comic, I didn't know it was her real level (I thought it was spiderman level), I thought it was the writer on duty exaggerating the character.
    if i were a ww fan i'd be pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I specifically asked about strength feats. And I did love that idea from Alex Ross. In fact, I like lots of aspects of what Ross did.

I don't think lifting a tree is particularly impressive. And four of those things happened in the last 10 years.
    She's a character who's powerset is built around being a physical foil to Diana. She don't really have any strength feats outside of being able to K.O. Wonder Woman. (Lifting heavy things never really strike me as something the character would do anyway...unless she got buried or something)

As for durability, (aside from, again, being able to brush off hits from WW) she was casually on fire a few times and was unfazed, lol. So she's fire proof.

She also took a blast from Batman while he was wearing Lex's iconic Superman fighting suit, although she did pass out. He was able to sneak up on her and pull a fast one.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-09-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    1: fault of the translator.
    2: I remember seeing her at that level in a JL comic, I didn't know it was her real level (I thought it was spiderman level), I thought it was the writer on duty exaggerating the character.
    if i were a ww fan i'd be pissed off.
    Believe me, I am very annoyed at the overall handling of the wonder mythos.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    She's a character who's powerset is built around being a physical foil to Diana. She don't really have any strength feats outside of being able to K.O. Wonder Woman. (Lifting heavy things never really strike me as something the character would do anyway...unless she got buried or something)

As for durability, (aside from, again, being able to brush off hits from WW) she was casually on fire a few times and was unfazed, lol. So she's fire proof.

She also took a blast from Batman while he was wearing Lex's iconic Superman fighting suit, although she did pass out. He was able to sneak up on her and pull a fast one.
    She took a shot to the face with an elephant gun from Deathstroke and was only pissed off.

She took a shot to the face with an elephant gun from Deathstroke and was only pissed off.
    Oooo, which comic was that in?

Oooo, which comic was that in?
    It was actually Deadshot (my bad) from: Suicide Squad most wanted: deadshot and katana.

Ok 1) its she not he. and 2) Cheetah is a powerhouse, her "normal level" is fighting evenly with Diana who herself is an above planetary level character.
    What does planetary level mean?

What does planetary level mean?
    You know I have to be honest, deep down I partially know you don't care, but planetary just means that Diana can move/destroy planets and survive planet destroying attacks when she isn't holding back.

Yeah I do find the notion ridiculous since no character in the DC universe has done that since 2002 as far as I know. But I wasn't sure if my assumption about the meaning of the term was accurate, so it was an honest question.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Yeah I do find the notion ridiculous since no character in the DC universe has done that since 2002 as far as I know. But I wasn't sure if my assumption about the meaning of the term was accurate, so it was an honest question.
    Many DC characters have shown to have power on planetary level since 2002.

As for Cheetah and her powers. Her character is built around WW., Cheetah is said to have even greater speed than Diana. And to be strong and durable enough to trade blows with Diana. If that is the case. Then the way we have seen Cheetah lose battles against normal humans and regular weapons is just a big disrespect to the character and the WW lore. But that is nothing new since WW herself is still writen as a weaklink more often than not nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think it really stems around creators not doing their research on the character as when Perez introduced the Barbara Minerva version of the Cheetah, she was shown to be a powerhouse with the ability to easily challenge Diana. If most other writers had followed suit(both in and out of WW comics) we probably wouldn't be discussing this today. Some writers did their homework like Phil Jimenez, Greg Rucka, Alex Ross, and Geoff Johns. Other writers treated Barbara like she was still just a crazy lady in a cat-themed costume and had her get punched by Batman, Catwoman, and Green Arrow which shouldn't really be possible if they had stuck to Perez's script. Another thing to add is that it's not just Cheetah who gets this treatment as virtually all of WW's villains that have appeared outside her comic have been taken out by lesser-powered heroes at one point or another. Many comic creators don't seem to have much respect for a female hero's villains.
    Another problem is that other WW writers like Ruka and Perez were not consistent enough with Cheetah. In Perez first fight. Cheetah was apparently as strong as WW. But in that issue WW couldn't even get her arm out of a tree. In Ruka fight. Diana beat her to a pulp in just 3 hits. Cheetah didn't even put up a good fight. WW writers need to step up their game. Cheetah first needs to be respected as a powerhouse in WW's own title. And be given the feats to actually show it on panel. Then maybe other writers will respect Cheetah more in other titles.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Another problem is that other WW writers like Ruka and Perez were not consistent enough with Cheetah. In Perez first fight. Cheetah was apparently as strong as WW. But in that issue WW couldn't even get her arm out of a tree. In Ruka fight. Diana beat her to a pulp in just 3 hits. Cheetah didn't even put up a good fight.
    You're comparing Perez' rookie Diana in her first ever fight with Cheetah to Rucka’s far more experienced Diana who fought Cheetah many times at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    You're comparing Perez' rookie Diana in her first ever fight with Cheetah to Rucka’s far more experienced Diana who fought Cheetah many times at that point.
    Plus in that second fight wasn't Cheetah like, not focused on Diana at all.

She cared way more about killing Cale than hurting Diana.

(Or am I thinking of a different fight? Because for both Rucka fights Diana got the upper hand when Cheetah wasn't paying attention to her.)

Plus in that second fight wasn't Cheetah like, not focused on Diana at all.

She cared way more about killing Cale than hurting Diana.

(Or am I thinking of a different fight? Because for both Rucka fights Diana got the upper hand when Cheetah wasn't paying attention to her.)
    There was also like a decade plus between Perez and Rucka’s first run.

Yeah, there’s gonna be in some inconsistencies.

The Perez first fight had WW unable to move a tree. So Cheetah being as strong as WW in that issue did not make her impressive if WW couldn't handle the weight of a tree. And more experience shouldn't negate durability. WW puting Cheetah down in 3 hits doesn't make her look like somebody around WW's level stats. Main WW writers are to blame for not portraying Cheetah as a real powerhouses in many stories, where WW usually makes quick work of Cheetah(which is the case in 90% of their battles).